Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deck List Help, OTT

Go down 
+3
junri
Jabberwock
GrumpyOwl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GrumpyOwl

GrumpyOwl

Deck List Help, OTT Empty
PostSubject: Deck List Help, OTT   Deck List Help, OTT Empty2013-04-30, 16:19

So, let me preface this. I have a complete Megacolony deck and an incomplete but playable OTT deck. Currently, the deck simply wins by tanking until I can win by hand advantage. It's not as OTT like as I would like, and despite that the fact that it has little trouble making proper columns, I know it could be better. Don't bother telling me that it's bad, I know it is. I'm not here to ask about what's wrong with my deck. I want to know what route I should go.

The OTT page hasn't been updated in a while. My first question is about Silent Tom. Most older deck builds that I've seen recommend at least three copies, but it that worth it with the prevalence of 13k vanguards? Am I better off relying on Mochas and Wisemen to just aim for 18k columns? What about grade 3 options? As you can see, I don't have much in the way of a grade 3 lineup. Is a safe, CoCo beat down deck the way I should pivot? Maybe towards Tsukiyomi, though I'm somewhat doubtful of my memory. Maybe just a standard CEO based build? I want to make sure that I build my OTT deck well, and I'm not in any major hurry to have it completed, but I'd like some direction.

OTT Current Deck Build

Grade 0 - 17
1 x Little Witch, Lulu
4 x Lozenge Magus
4 x Oracle Guardian, Nike
2 x Physic Bird
3 x Victory Maker
3 x Dream Eater

Grade 1 - 15
4 x Battle Sister, Chocolat
4 x Circle Magus
3 x Dark Cat
4 x Oracle Guardian, Gemini

Grade 2 - 11
1 x Silent Tom
2 x Sword Dancer Angel
4 x Security Guardian
4 x Oracle Guardian, Wiseman

Grade 3 - 8
4 x Oracle Guardian, Apollon
2 x Meteor Break Wizard
1 x CEO Amaterasu
1 x Goddess of Flower Divination, Saluki[u]
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Deck List Help, OTT   Deck List Help, OTT Empty2013-04-30, 16:48

Go for CEO build. Silent Tom on his own may be useless against 13k, but relying on CEO to increase the trigger stack chance, you can give the critical trigger to Silent Tom+Gemini column to make 13k vanguard drop 10k of Grade 1/2 or 15k of Grade 1/2 if both critical trigger are drive check. Circus Magus is useless, Cocoa is useful. Hate Dark Cat, because I don't want opponent to draw the card, especially if they got grade stuck.
Back to top Go down
GrumpyOwl

GrumpyOwl

PostSubject: Re: Deck List Help, OTT   Deck List Help, OTT Empty2013-04-30, 17:23

The way I've been using my Dark Cats is to draw things that Circle Magus or CEO see that I want if I can risk giving the other player a card. What other 7000 vanguard booster options do I have or should I just run milk?
Back to top Go down
junri

junri

PostSubject: Re: Deck List Help, OTT   Deck List Help, OTT Empty2013-04-30, 17:27

I have lost games because of Dark Cat. It may be impact bias, but the fact that I can run alternatives that are just as good makes me not want to run him.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Deck List Help, OTT   Deck List Help, OTT Empty2013-04-30, 19:08

junri wrote:
I have lost games because of Dark Cat. It may be impact bias, but the fact that I can run alternatives that are just as good makes me not want to run him.
That's not impact bias. Dark Cat loses games.
Back to top Go down
GrumpyOwl

GrumpyOwl

PostSubject: Re: Deck List Help, OTT   Deck List Help, OTT Empty2013-05-01, 17:54

What should I replace them with?
Back to top Go down
zawarudo

zawarudo

PostSubject: Re: Deck List Help, OTT   Deck List Help, OTT Empty2013-05-01, 18:42

Dragonic Overlord, The End. Dragonic Overlord, The End everywhere.
Back to top Go down
The King of Hearts

The King of Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Deck List Help, OTT   Deck List Help, OTT Empty2013-05-01, 21:41

zawarudo wrote:
Dragonic Overlord, The End. Dragonic Overlord, The End everywhere.

In my opinion, I think you should use CEO to the fullest. I mean to run the deck using her and then use her soul charging abilities, and you can make the deck revolve around the idea of "6 soul". I use her like this and I use Battle Sister Vanilla (grade 1 who turns into a 10k shield id you have 6 soul) for better guarding in late game, Battle Maiden Tagitsuhime (9k base who turns into 12k when 6 soul) to make hitting for Hamburger-Time numbers easier (considering the amount of 6k boosters in this clan or with a Gemini to rape 10k based vanguards), and Evil-eye Princess, Euryale (who binds a card in opponent's hand till end of turn if you have 6 soul) during late game to decrease the amount of guarding the opponent can do. So with CEO, I can either wait it out before I get 6 soul or use my Psychic Bird/Oracle Guardian, Red Eye to speed up the pace. This deck build also includes Promis Daughter (discard a card when attacking and she gets plus 5k) , and most draw triggers were dropped for critical triggers. It's a powerhouse build I like to use. It also confuses my opponent because of the trigger variation. My thoughts about Silent Tom, Oracle Think tank was my first "complete" deck and I never had Silent Tom in all the builds I've used. I'm not saying it is a bad card but it just wasn't working out for me, I felt as though it took up space. Even without using it, at the championship in Canada Last year and the Stand up Challenge this year, I've managed to reach at least top 16 (I should have been within top 8 at Stand up Challenge but complications occured...). And then with Team League, My team won our shop tournament. In my opinion, he isn't needed too much, BUT he does pose as a huge threat to non-Hamburger-Time decks
Back to top Go down
GrumpyOwl

GrumpyOwl

PostSubject: Re: Deck List Help, OTT   Deck List Help, OTT Empty2013-05-02, 17:09

Do you also recommend running Tsukiyomi? She has a lot of synergy with the six soul deck.
Back to top Go down
The King of Hearts

The King of Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Deck List Help, OTT   Deck List Help, OTT Empty2013-05-02, 18:31

She is a very good card and does have that synergy but, when you don't get the ride chain off, she becomes very ugly, the deck easily falls a part. If you do get it off, you're set. Plus, Tsukuyomi isn't the easiest card to trade for or buy. But yet again, this is only my opinion
Back to top Go down
GrumpyOwl

GrumpyOwl

PostSubject: Re: Deck List Help, OTT   Deck List Help, OTT Empty2013-05-02, 18:41

Would you recommend running parts of the ride chain? And just not worry about hitting the grade 3 or even not her grade 3? It could still be a very CEO based deck with a hefty soul and 15 stacked cards at the bottom of my deck.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Deck List Help, OTT   Deck List Help, OTT Empty2013-05-02, 20:11

The King of Hearts wrote:
She is a very good card and does have that synergy but, when you don't get the ride chain off, she becomes very ugly, the deck easily falls a part. If you do get it off, you're set. Plus, Tsukuyomi isn't the easiest card to trade for or buy. But yet again, this is only my opinion
No. It doesn't. And this is retarded ass advice. The deck has a free extra chance to plus, ride, and stack itself. Getting the chain and failing the stack subsequently increases the chances to check a trigger. Failing all of that, CEO still exists to pick up the slack as usual. Nothing about that deck "falls apart"
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Deck List Help, OTT   Deck List Help, OTT Empty2013-05-02, 20:15

The King of Hearts wrote:
But yet again, this is only my opinion

I will start banning people for using this cop-out phrase. You are wrong or you are right. We are not Bushiroad, we do NOT take the middle ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck List Help, OTT   Deck List Help, OTT Empty

Back to top Go down

Deck List Help, OTT
Page 1 of 1