Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pre Release

Go down 
+16
Duce
3XXXDDD
smellmybox
zawarudo
Some Gamer Dude
jman5x
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Epideme
Redbeastmage
Shadowbane
Dam0le
Alice
Tryston
Edalborez
Rider Kick
TwinPsionic
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TwinPsionic

TwinPsionic

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-12, 12:02

So with the pre release coming up this weekend of a major set I just want to know how you guys are feeling about it.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-12, 12:39

Just the new stuff for my two clans. Honestly I see this is a big point for the game since we are getting our I think first run into cross rides in america and it will have an impact on the meta. Now if it's good or bad only time will tell.

Last edited by Rider Kick on 2013-02-12, 15:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TwinPsionic

TwinPsionic

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-12, 12:56

Indeed we can see if we fall into the curse of the j meta and into the ban list.
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-12, 15:02

Huh, one of those stores is in my general area. Maybe a good time to see if a scene exists there. As for the set itself, doesn't pack a lot of cards for the clans I'm into and the ones it does (OTT) I can't really support yet. So trade or binder fodder unless I take a sudden interest in crossrides (gag) or Murakumo / Neo Nectar.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-12, 15:26

I personally think this set is going to have a rather large push and pull effect on the game. The new people coming in are going to come rushing IMO just for the cross riders, because well they are new. The current crowd that can see the power reach may back off just a bit and wait it out till the meta settles down or comes to some state resembling near sanity I guess. Either way its going to be a rather large shake up.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-12, 16:04

Waiting on murakumo and neo nectar to show their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-12, 23:35

What sucks for me is that Set 5 has NOTHING of interest. Set 7 didn't really either. Once I got over DI, I didn't give a fuck about Set 7. But that took a while and this is instant. I don't want sucky Murakumo, I don't want practically vanilla Neo Nectar, I don't want crossshit, I don't play Pale Moon or Irregulars. EB01 is the same too, nothing for me there. I have to wait all the way until Set 8 to start caring again :\
Back to top Go down
Dam0le

Dam0le

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-13, 12:03

The only objective i have in this set is to pick up some Neo-Nectar cards for when they get half-decent in set 8, and to convince as many DOTE users as i can that he only gets his +2000 power on their turn.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-13, 13:38

Alice wrote:
What sucks for me is that Set 5 has NOTHING of interest. Set 7 didn't really either. Once I got over DI, I didn't give a fuck about Set 7. But that took a while and this is instant. I don't want sucky Murakumo, I don't want practically vanilla Neo Nectar, I don't want crossshit, I don't play Pale Moon or Irregulars. EB01 is the same too, nothing for me there. I have to wait all the way until Set 8 to start caring again :\

Look at the bright side, think of all the money you'll save.
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-14, 01:05

Hmm, is this the first booster draft for English Vanguard? The listed "recommended rules" for passing around boosters seems, from a skeptical eye, prone to rare-whoring. The part about "sharing cards equally" afterwards is also kind of worrisome since rarity doesn't always equate to value or viability. Seems more likely that people would just have to buy 6 boosters and that's your deck; possibly trade around after.

Haven't been part of a booster draft in any TCG is why I ask / ponder aloud.
Back to top Go down
Shadowbane

Shadowbane

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-14, 01:14

Edalborez wrote:
Hmm, is this the first booster draft for English Vanguard? The listed "recommended rules" for passing around boosters seems, from a skeptical eye, prone to rare-whoring. The part about "sharing cards equally" afterwards is also kind of worrisome since rarity doesn't always equate to value or viability. Seems more likely that people would just have to buy 6 boosters and that's your deck; possibly trade around after.

Haven't been part of a booster draft in any TCG is why I ask / ponder aloud.
From what I have heard, you keep the deck you make. Since you open your own packs first, I'm sure people will grab their own foils first. Unless you plan to actually WIN the tournament and get that exclusive Kai/DOTE playmat, which might mean giving up your foil to make yourself a better deck.
Back to top Go down
Redbeastmage

Redbeastmage

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-14, 01:16

It's there first attempt at a pre-release/sneak peak event. From the sounds of it they are suggesting a re-draft after the event of the cards, which is terrible.

Suggestions for new drafters: Draft triggers high. Very very high. Having the most triggers in a 30 card deck will often win you games. Focus on getting a good grade spread over actually having clan cohesion. IMO vanguard drafts prioritize like this in the average set:

Money Rares>Triggers>Grade ratio>clan specifications

People are going to rare-whore in a draft if the rares they can hold onto are better then the potential prizes (which there are none from bush /mindboggle)
Back to top Go down
Shadowbane

Shadowbane

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-14, 01:21

The Kai/DOTE playmat is a pretty good deal, assuming it is a good quality rubber mat with at least the same standard as the official Pokemon ones.
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-14, 03:21

I don't give any amount of fucks about rares, I can get them any time.

I need a good vanguard playmat.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-14, 13:54

Gimme my goddamn Street Bouncer
Back to top Go down
jman5x

jman5x

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-14, 16:18

I'm not too excited as it has no support for the clan(s) I play, but I'm always happy to see the game growing and progressing. Plus, my friends decks get support.
Back to top Go down
Some Gamer Dude

Some Gamer Dude

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-14, 23:48

Mark my words folks, people will hate the outcomes of these prereleases. Passing packets around, giving all the cards back, stores decide who they favour? Yeah. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Nintendo does not do a lot right, but prereleases is generally something they get done well.
Back to top Go down
Redbeastmage

Redbeastmage

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-14, 23:56

Some Gamer Dude wrote:
Mark my words folks, people will hate the outcomes of these prereleases. Passing packets around, giving all the cards back, stores decide who they favour? Yeah. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Nintendo does not do a lot right, but prereleases is generally something they get done well.

I doubt most places will force re-draft or handle redistribution. I plan on letting it be just like a regular draft for any other game. Players keep what they draft, and then they get prize packs (either of current sets or IOU for BT05 when it comes in next week), and depending on how many Mats we get, they will be prizes/raffles.
Back to top Go down
zawarudo

zawarudo

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-15, 10:14

Went to the local prerelease, and there was no distribution of cards at the end of the round. Instead we just got more Awakening packs.

We got 6 packs to draft, then I got 6 more packs and a DOTE rubber mat for placing. Pulled a Wingal Brave and Neo-Nectar perfect guard and got some money for those because I don't play English lololol.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-15, 10:37

How many mats did they give out?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-15, 13:13

Redbeastmage wrote:
It's there first attempt at a pre-release/sneak peak event. From the sounds of it they are suggesting a re-draft after the event of the cards, which is terrible.

Suggestions for new drafters: Draft triggers high. Very very high. Having the most triggers in a 30 card deck will often win you games. Focus on getting a good grade spread over actually having clan cohesion. IMO vanguard drafts prioritize like this in the average set:

Money Rares>Triggers>Grade ratio>clan specifications

People are going to rare-whore in a draft if the rares they can hold onto are better then the potential prizes (which there are none from bush /mindboggle)
Drafting makes zero sense to me both as a concept and especially as-is.

Once I pay for packs and open them, the shit inside it is mine and anyone attempting to lay their grubby paws on my shit is getting their hand slapped away, and I'd walk out the goddamn shop.

I don't know what this bullshit about redistribution is, or choosing what to keep; but if you're not keeping 100% of what you pull, that's horse shit. I hear it's also a pass it down system which is not only bullshit and juvenile, but prone to cheating and theft. This is just chalk FULL of stupid holes. Not only that, Bushiroad has massively failed to bring anything remotely passable to the draft table. NONE of their boosters are fit for drafting, and neither is Vanguard as a whole. It's too reliant on clan conditionals (removing them just glosses over the problem), card copy for chance elements, and fucking chance elements. Not to mention 30 or so cards does not cut it for a proper deck because the game is balanced around 49/50. NOT goddamn 30. You'll find yourself running out of copies more and soulcharge decks or decks that hit too many draws are automatically at a disadvantage.

This is a massive failure and the "first time" excuse doesn't even begin to cut it. By the AMCS rule (Any Monkey Can See) someone should've said "hold the fuck up, howabout we actually plan this out and design a few EBs to work for drafting?". But no, they couldn't even do that. Yugioh has proper draft packs. Bushiroad is literally less competent than fucking Konami.

KONAMI.
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-15, 15:07

Agreed, and internally I'm filing the whole "pass around" thing as an extremely Japanese-y "trust that everyone is a law-abiding player" thing that may or may not have actively worked over there. I'm assuming this is not a brand-new practice for the game as a whole, just for the English scene.

We have more issues with trying to do it that way:

1)
Alice wrote:
Once I pay for packs and open them, the shit inside it is mine and anyone attempting to lay their grubby paws on my shit is getting their hand slapped away, and I'd walk out the goddamn shop.

2) Sort of the flipside of the above, it's easy for such issues to become heated if they try to get "enforced", especially due to...

3) Lack of any formal judges. Especially on such a widespread local level.

So rather, if anybody does end up having doing it the "draft'n'pass" way... share your story of horror, confusion, and/or table-flipping.
Back to top Go down
Redbeastmage

Redbeastmage

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-15, 15:37

Alice wrote:

Drafting makes zero sense to me both as a concept and especially as-is.

I don't know what this bullshit about redistribution is, or choosing what to keep; but if you're not keeping 100% of what you pull, that's horse shit. I hear it's also a pass it down system which is not only bullshit and juvenile, but prone to cheating and theft. This is just chalk FULL of stupid holes. Not only that, Bushiroad has massively failed to bring anything remotely passable to the draft table. NONE of their boosters are fit for drafting, and neither is Vanguard as a whole. It's too reliant on clan conditionals (removing them just glosses over the problem), card copy for chance elements, and fucking chance elements. Not to mention 30 or so cards does not cut it for a proper deck because the game is balanced around 49/50. NOT goddamn 30. You'll find yourself running out of copies more and soulcharge decks or decks that hit too many draws are automatically at a disadvantage.

This is a massive failure and the "first time" excuse doesn't even begin to cut it. By the AMCS rule (Any Monkey Can See) someone should've said "hold the fuck up, howabout we actually plan this out and design a few EBs to work for drafting?". But no, they couldn't even do that. Yugioh has proper draft packs. Bushiroad is literally less competent than fucking Konami.

KONAMI.

As I said, any sane shops wouldn't do redraft/redistribute, and will simply be you keep what you draft. If there is a money card, you auto get it since there's only 1 per pack.

Redraft encourages people to take cards and make the best decks without concern for the value. No one wants to sit and open a pack with dote, since he is functionally an 11k vanilla g3 in this format, same as MLB is a vanilla 10k. But why would you pass so much money? Redrafting solves this, However it only works in small circles with friends since then you risk people damaging the cards. Or leaving with them.

Set 5 is abysmal for drafting because of the clan breakdown. There's only 2 clans with full support, and the rest of the set is just providing filler to clans from sets 1-4. Set 6 drafts very nicely since its basically 4 clans with a splash of nova. And as far as certain strategies being better or wrose in draft being a smaller deck, that's the point. Draft operates differently. Draw triggers go down in value for risk of decking, soul charging is risky, and purposely try to turtle up and mill someone out if they aren't ready for it.

Coming from a magic backround, drafting makes sense, and is very skill dependant.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-15, 18:03

Your sneak peek kit should look like a mini pizza box

"Remember to share all cards equally at the end with every participant" - I'd imagine (read: hope) this means the redrafting isn't entirely necessary provided everyone originally drafted an equal amount of cards.

But Bushiroad are hard-asses about this for some reason, so whatever.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty2013-02-16, 02:29

All you're telling me is that Drafting makes the game into "abuse the deckout mechanic" which is not what Vanguard is about god dammit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pre Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre Release
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next