Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pre Release

Go down 
+16
Duce
3XXXDDD
smellmybox
zawarudo
Some Gamer Dude
jman5x
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Epideme
Redbeastmage
Shadowbane
Dam0le
Alice
Tryston
Edalborez
Rider Kick
TwinPsionic
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Some Gamer Dude

Some Gamer Dude

Pre Release - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 02:48

Redbeastmage wrote:

Redraft encourages people to take cards and make the best decks without concern for the value. No one wants to sit and open a pack with dote, since he is functionally an 11k vanilla g3 in this format, same as MLB is a vanilla 10k. But why would you pass so much money? Redrafting solves this, However it only works in small circles with friends since then you risk people damaging the cards. Or leaving with them.

Set 5 is abysmal for drafting because of the clan breakdown. There's only 2 clans with full support, and the rest of the set is just providing filler to clans from sets 1-4. Set 6 drafts very nicely since its basically 4 clans with a splash of nova. And as far as certain strategies being better or wrose in draft being a smaller deck, that's the point. Draft operates differently. Draw triggers go down in value for risk of decking, soul charging is risky, and purposely try to turtle up and mill someone out if they aren't ready for it.

Coming from a magic backround, drafting makes sense, and is very skill dependant.

Coming from a Pokemon background, it's near theft. I'm sorry, but it is, especially in VG where the game isn't designed for it.
Back to top Go down
Redbeastmage

Redbeastmage

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 04:00

Some Gamer Dude wrote:

Coming from a Pokemon background, it's near theft. I'm sorry, but it is, especially in VG where the game isn't designed for it.

Theft? Are you actually mentally disabled? You sign up for an event where you agree that you will open a pack, take ONE card, and pass it. In what universe do you amount that to theft? Are you super hurt that you had to pass 4 commons, and in return, GET FOUR MORE FUCKING COMMONS? Or if the rare was shit and you don't want it, you pass it!

Even in a redraft, you are AGREEING IN ADVANCE that the winner gets first pick of the best card in all the packs opened, 2nd place gets next, etc etc.

If you don't want to draft, sign up, take your packs, and WALK THE FUCK OUT THE DOOR. Problem fucking solved.

It blows my mind what an issue this is for some people. If you don't like the format, don't participate. Debate the failings of the format from a game mechanics point of view all you want. But if you are arguing that drafting is theft and abuse and worse then the holocaust, then maybe you should get yourself checked.

FWIW, i fucking love drafting in pokemon too. The decks build themselves fantastically, and it was close to magic in how good it felt drafting a competent deck.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 04:51

Dude stop getting defensive over a format you didn't invent and a company you don't represent. Calm yourself. While it's not legal theft, it's certainly a gray area and whether or not it's actually theft is completely irrelevant. What matters is how customers are going to perceive it. Fact is, some people do not like the idea.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 05:52

Oh what luck, I'm actually going to one today.

I'll tell you how badly I sucked when I get back.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 06:00

If I believed in superstition, I'd pray for your soul.
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 08:22

My little bro pulled an SP DOTE which went to some other guy when the cards were "distributed". All dat salt from me. It's a pretty terrible system. I'd rather us just play with the 30 cards we pull ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 12:15

Yeah you bet your ass I wouldn't allow that bullshit. Fuck off that system
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 13:27

I'm back. It wasn't the total disaster-fest I thought it was going to be, but it still doesn't compare to a locals.

So I did the whole tourney with the plan of minimising the amount of Draws and Soulchargers. I ended with a deck that was 60% Murakumo (Triggers and some Grade 2s and 3s that were pawned off on me weren't Murakumo). I went 3 wins before double elimination offed me.

Noticed most of the other players were basically sorely lacking in Grade 3s (I had 4, 2 of which were Murakumo, complimenting my pulled Mandala Lord). Only got my 3 wins either because they were Grade locked or the ones they DID ride were 9k. Yes, even Ji Endo (3 got pulled at the event by 3 different people) was nothing compared to my Mandala Lord.

Afterwards I sold my Mandala Lord that I pulled and won one of the Ji Endo mats in a raffle. Plan is to swap that for a Perfect Raizer mat next month.

Enjoyable (ish), but probably wouldn't go again.
Back to top Go down
Redbeastmage

Redbeastmage

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 16:35

Epideme wrote:
My little bro pulled an SP DOTE which went to some other guy when the cards were "distributed". All dat salt from me. It's a pretty terrible system. I'd rather us just play with the 30 cards we pull ourselves.

How was the redistribution done? And was the redistribution agreed to before the event started? Curious how this goes down. I'm pretty sure that unless I explicitly agreed to it beforehand, you could pry that card from my cold dead fucking hands.

Was very happy with my regular Dote I opened (and kept). Sucked when I had to ride him, because 9k vanilla grade 3s are bad, but wasn't passing that money. Set 5 isn't a great set for draft, but one of my buddies managed a coherent neo nectar deck (almost all his g1 and g2 were Neo), and he went to value town out of the g2 calling a free neo almost half the time.
Back to top Go down
Duce

Duce

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 18:01

May as well post up my pre/release 'fun'.

Arrived at the place right as signups were starting and signed 14th, feeling happy and go play a fun game, the hour rolls to a close and their about to begin the event, judge walks up to me and explains (I knew this before event) that regulars get first pick of the spots... But i was looking good to play. The. After the cutoff time some regular pops in (I over heard he'd slept in) and boom, im dropped to make room for him. No promos, no cards, im moved off the tables and ignored...

Organiser says sorry but i ask about the side event he mentioned for those who didnt make it... Im informed noone else has showed and i will gt a promo as sorry. But no he begins doing the pre release so i walk out... Im not sitting there while the other sopen ALL their packs just to possibly be given a promo pack.

Imo that sucked, im now dubious about supporting the shop in any events ever if i travel down making plans to the event and get there rit at the start of sign in just for someone to walk in right as the event starts and remove me from playing... Also removing the chances of cards, and no sneek peek promos. Just the shite offer of promo pack 4 which i may get if i hang around while the event is kicked off.

Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 19:12

Arrived late, wasn't able to enter. Too butthurt at myself to stick around. From what I saw (maybe 5 minutes) people were just opening packs and trading around during the round 1 timer. At least learned there were enough people to fill a 16-man tournament there, which was all I really cared about finding out.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 19:41

Got knocked out quickly after being stuck on this all game.
Pre Release - Page 2 Vgbt05068

Best vanguard ever. Nerf plz.
Anyway, got a consolation prize pack afterwards and pulled SP Majesty Lord. I'm pretty ok with this.
I'll be having some fun on ebay tonight. I'm pretty sure he'll end up funding the entire neo nectar deck and more.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 20:05

Too bad, would have been interesting if you won by cute-ing your opponent to death.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 20:51

The sad thing is I almost did. The game still lasted about 5-6 turns each even with me stuck on the rabbit. Unfortunately I didn't get any triggers off my single drive checks so I eventually got overwhelmed by his grade 3s.

I'm pretty glad I didn't though. I wouldn't have gotten that MLB if I had won that game.
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 21:18

Redbeastmage wrote:

How was the redistribution done? And was the redistribution agreed to before the event started? Curious how this goes down. I'm pretty sure that unless I explicitly agreed to it beforehand, you could pry that card from my cold dead fucking hands.

Honestly I think some people knew how the cards were going to be redistributed but I didn't until after my second game when I asked about how it was to be done, whether that was my fault or not I can't say. Turned out that all the RRR, RR and R were spread out and first place grabbed a card, then second grabbed a card and so on. So first place grabbed that DOTE which was kinda sad.

It just kinda felt unfair when the system was so obviously broken that doing the whole draft thing is irrelevant because your deck is going to be pretty shit whether you draft or just play with what you get. I would've been happier just opening my packs and getting my game on instead of a long draft with screaming autists.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 21:22

Sucks hearing that you all had to put up with this redistribution system. All the local stores I called that were hosting this told me that the redistribution was completely optional and the decision whether or not to do it was held entirely by the store.
Sounds like you guys need to smack your local store owners for being dumb enough to do this to you.
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 21:28

I really wouldn't have cared that much if it wasn't an SP. It's just the salt talking.

Also does anyone know if Set 5 cards are TCG legal yet? I want to use my Wingal Brave in my next local tourney.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 21:31

I don't think we know yet, and I suspect it won't be finalized until July or so. Although, the latter is really just speculation on my part since I think it was about a 5-6 month gap between Set 5 being released in Japan and the banlist being implemented there.
Back to top Go down
smellmybox

smellmybox

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 21:35

No no, he's asking if all the cards in the set are legal to use yet. Typically you can't use them till after the official release date, so prereleases complicate things.
I have no idea what the official stance is, but just bring your new cards with you to your next local and ask the shop keep. Edit your deck depending on the answer.
Back to top Go down
junri

junri

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 22:48

My local did not do a draft instead we just made a deck with what we had which was basically all the cards we got. All prizes were raffled out rather than winner getting it and we got to keep the packs we opened. All good.

I got crap, all rares and Neo Nectar perfect guard. Guy beside me got a SP Mandala lord and a RRR Mandala Lord. One DOTE and MLB got pulled but no PBO.
Back to top Go down
Chestnut_Rice

Chestnut_Rice

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-16, 22:54

junri wrote:
My local did not do a draft instead we just made a deck with what we had which was basically all the cards we got.

I heard this was how my shop was going to do it, but I didn't go.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-17, 01:47

Redbeastmage wrote:
Epideme wrote:

Was very happy with my regular Dote I opened (and kept). Sucked when I had to ride him, because 9k vanilla grade 3s are bad, but wasn't passing that money. Set 5 isn't a great set for draft, but one of my buddies managed a coherent neo nectar deck (almost all his g1 and g2 were Neo), and he went to value town out of the g2 calling a free neo almost half the time.
This is why you don't explicitly agree to bullshit like this. Because fuck that.

Also after hearing these game reports, it's exactly as I suspected. Travesties of vanguard. Small chunks of vanguard prolonged far past expectations. Smells like bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Redbeastmage

Redbeastmage

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-17, 01:59

Epideme wrote:
Redbeastmage wrote:

Honestly I think some people knew how the cards were going to be redistributed but I didn't until after my second game when I asked about how it was to be done, whether that was my fault or not I can't say. Turned out that all the RRR, RR and R were spread out and first place grabbed a card, then second grabbed a card and so on. So first place grabbed that DOTE which was kinda sad.

It just kinda felt unfair when the system was so obviously broken that doing the whole draft thing is irrelevant because your deck is going to be pretty shit whether you draft or just play with what you get. I would've been happier just opening my packs and getting my game on instead of a long draft with screaming autists.

It sucks that the store even had the redraft happen at all, more so since it wasn't clear. I'd be as salty as you in this case (actually, I would have told them to suck a dick and walked out with my draft pool if I found out after drafting that there was going to be a redraft). At least they used a logical redraft method of giving first the best stuff, although I believe it's a bit to hard core for a 'fun prerelease'. I'm sure the guy who won it was happy with his SP
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-17, 04:11

Duce wrote:

Arrived at the place right as signups were starting and signed 14th, feeling happy and go play a fun game, the hour rolls to a close and their about to begin the event, judge walks up to me and explains (I knew this before event) that regulars get first pick of the spots... But i was looking good to play. The. After the cutoff time some regular pops in (I over heard he'd slept in) and boom, im dropped to make room for him. No promos, no cards, im moved off the tables and ignored...

Organiser says sorry but i ask about the side event he mentioned for those who didnt make it... Im informed noone else has showed and i will gt a promo as sorry. But no he begins doing the pre release so i walk out... Im not sitting there while the other sopen ALL their packs just to possibly be given a promo pack.

Replay Games? Seriously, fuck that shit, if you SLEEP IN, YOU SLEPT FUCKING IN. You don't get to hold up an ENTIRE EVENT because you are a lazy ass "regular".

This is why Ireland can't have nice things.
Back to top Go down
Duce

Duce

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty2013-02-17, 04:20

3XXXDDD wrote:
Duce wrote:

Replay Games? Seriously, fuck that shit, if you SLEEP IN, YOU SLEPT FUCKING IN. You don't get to hold up an ENTIRE EVENT because you are a lazy ass "regular".

This is why Ireland can't have nice things.

And this is very true.

Granted he had said i may not get into main event and i knew this, but to be dropped right before it began was saddening, and to find there was no others there at the time for a side event was just even worse... I understand regulars getting some preference, but tbh that will put off new players when they get told they may not make it into the event after traveling for it, or in my case dumped right before and no other playing option...

So what's the options? Hang around and hope for others to come in for some sort of games? O im not doing that as it could waste my afternoon. Or 2 head home feeling deflated and do other stuff.

I will say they were good and said they wont redist the cards, so what you get is yours.

Did you attend any yourself?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre Release
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next