Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pre Release

Go down 
+16
Duce
3XXXDDD
smellmybox
zawarudo
Some Gamer Dude
jman5x
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Epideme
Redbeastmage
Shadowbane
Dam0le
Alice
Tryston
Edalborez
Rider Kick
TwinPsionic
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Pre Release - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-17, 05:03

junri wrote:
My local did not do a draft instead we just made a deck with what we had which was basically all the cards we got. All prizes were raffled out rather than winner getting it and we got to keep the packs we opened. All good.

I got crap, all rares and Neo Nectar perfect guard. Guy beside me got a SP Mandala lord and a RRR Mandala Lord. One DOTE and MLB got pulled but no PBO.

Weird, no-one pulled PBO on my end either. 16 players. 6 packs each.

Not. One.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-17, 05:04

Attending one today -_-

However, no, you don't get preference for being a regular it's especially retarded that if someone (from a relatively long distance) actually made the effort to get there >on time< rather than someone who lives halfway down the road >slept in<. Regulars wouldn't get that treatment for regionals, so why should they get it for anything else?
Back to top Go down
Redbeastmage

Redbeastmage

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-17, 10:58

3XXXDDD wrote:
Attending one today -_-

However, no, you don't get preference for being a regular it's especially retarded that if someone (from a relatively long distance) actually made the effort to get there >on time< rather than someone who lives halfway down the road >slept in<. Regulars wouldn't get that treatment for regionals, so why should they get it for anything else?

Agreed. Only way I can see a regular getting "preference" is if they pre-registered. Then I could see them having their spot held, but thats a different story anyway.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-17, 12:44

What I want to know is why he didn't just make an extra slot for you. It was one slot and I doubt the event was so incredibly fine tuned to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-17, 13:33

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo wrote:
junri wrote:
My local did not do a draft instead we just made a deck with what we had which was basically all the cards we got. All prizes were raffled out rather than winner getting it and we got to keep the packs we opened. All good.

I got crap, all rares and Neo Nectar perfect guard. Guy beside me got a SP Mandala lord and a RRR Mandala Lord. One DOTE and MLB got pulled but no PBO.

Weird, no-one pulled PBO on my end either. 16 players. 6 packs each.

Not. One.

I can actually kind of believe that. Here's my thinking for pulling a Rare, a Double Rare, or a Triple Rare in terms of odds (since you get at least one of them in a single pack): R-11/15 RR-3/15 RRR-1/15. Given those numbers and 96 packs, it means that only 6-7 Trips are found. All of the crossrides are RRR, and there are always a total of 8 RRRs in a particular set. So, it's possible for one of them to not be pulled.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-17, 14:00

I actually calculated it the moment he said that.
96 packs (3.2 boxes)

Three boxes means three sets of 3 dependent probabilities, compared independently. Basically it means calc dependent PBO in 3/30 then do an OR function. Why dependent? Because no dupes unless SP which is hard to calculate.

37.5% chance to get at least one PBO from the 8 total RRRs using 3 RRR chances.

0.375 OR'd twice is super easy, it's just 0.755859375 or 75.59%, rounded to 76%.

So about 19/25 games drafts should have a PBO.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-17, 14:47

Wait, they don't duplicate a rare in a box? Huh, did not know that little piece of information.
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-17, 15:05

I'm assuming that's just a RRR thing since I have seen RR and R in the same box of Set 3.
Back to top Go down
NicShare

NicShare

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-17, 18:22

Just went to my local shop's sneak preview/pre-release yesterday. With some changes discussed with the players before the event.

The shop owner decided to make it into a Sealed Format rather than Booster Draft. Basically, the players constructed a deck from the 6 packs they received and keep them. All of us were in agreement.

The owner then combined the two "pizza boxes" into one tournament since it was held at the last official day of the tournament. So all 16 participants in one tournament setting.

The owner also changed the tournament format into 4 matches, best of 1. In my opinion, that would be great as I expected Vanguard draft to be "Basic Power/Trigger/Deck Out Vanguard "(my definition of basic is little to no clan skills/abilities, just basic attacks/triggers/checks to introduce someone to the game). I didn't want to invest a lot of time for a format Vanguard doesn't do well in my opinion, to the point of simply not playing. I would play draft if the set has more than two cards that I need for my deck/s.

Top 2 seeds would each get a Kai/DOTE playmat. Smaller than the cloth playmats by half of an inch (subjective) yet it has the thickness of a rubber playmat. Although the playmat is not my priority, its portable size and material is ideal for me to play Vanguard. Good job Bushiroad.

As for notable card pulls, 1 of each RRR of the set. I got Star Call Trumpeter. RRs were Maiden of Trailing Rose and 1 PG for both Neo Nectar and Murakumo. Good variety for two pizza boxes. No SP though.

The games were pretty much mundane for me, as my expectations were plausible to define the draft format in my opinion. Receiving my packs, I opened them to construct the deck. And it's not looking good to get that playmat. Only 1 G3 10000 unit, 1 Grade 1 vanilla, 2 Grade 2 8000, 2 Grade 2 7000, and the rest were 6000 and below. The deck had 11 triggers, majority are stands. And one heal trigger. SVG/FVG was Shield Seed Squire for some pioneer action as I didn't have the chain cards.

My record was 2 wins and 2 losses. My wins were due to the opponent decking out (well the other had 6 damage but was decked out from that damage). My losses were due to poor columns from my low power deck that can't defend nor attack with decent numbers as my match-ups had 9000-10000 power units.

After the games, the prizes, and the trading, It's good to play constructed games again with fellow friends and players after two months of not playing Cardfight!! Vanguard.

I'm already happy getting the Star Call Trumpeter. Now to wait for my pre-ordered boxes of BT05. After that, it's a long wait for BT10 and future sets.
Back to top Go down
Redbeastmage

Redbeastmage

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-17, 20:07

Alice wrote:
What I want to know is why he didn't just make an extra slot for you. It was one slot and I doubt the event was so incredibly fine tuned to begin with.

Likely they were sold out. Thats what it sounded like from his story.

Alice wrote:
I actually calculated it the moment he said that.
96 packs (3.2 boxes)

Three boxes means three sets of 3 dependent probabilities, compared independently. Basically it means calc dependent PBO in 3/30 then do an OR function. Why dependent? Because no dupes unless SP which is hard to calculate.

37.5% chance to get at least one PBO from the 8 total RRRs using 3 RRR chances.

0.375 OR'd twice is super easy, it's just 0.755859375 or 75.59%, rounded to 76%.

So about 19/25 games drafts should have a PBO.

They didn't come as boxes, instead as 96 loose packs. better to use independent prob.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-17, 20:53

Edalborez wrote:
I'm assuming that's just a RRR thing since I have seen RR and R in the same box of Set 3.
Dupe RR is a misbox. Dupe of any identical rarity that isn't R is a misbox. Sadly BT04 has had some serious problems with misboxing. Including incorrect ratios and even like 10 Sterns in a box.

@Redbeast, if they were, how did he open 3.2 boxes and not have ~0.8 boxes left?
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-17, 21:45

Alice wrote:

There wasn't enough of the packs in the kit.

Last edited by 3XXXDDD on 2013-02-18, 07:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redbeastmage

Redbeastmage

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-18, 00:13

Alice wrote:
Edalborez wrote:
Dupe RR is a misbox. Dupe of any identical rarity that isn't R is a misbox. Sadly BT04 has had some serious problems with misboxing. Including incorrect ratios and even like 10 Sterns in a box.

@Redbeast, if they were, how did he open 3.2 boxes and not have ~0.8 boxes left?

Watch the video for the event that bushi put out to see the packing. It's 16 sets of 6 packs banded together with a clear plastic band.No actually boxes of BT05 showed up unless someone's distrubtor slipped them extra.

At my shop, we gave out prize IOUs in addition to the playmats, since the contents of the box were only enough for extactly the drafts. We used our casual payout (pack/match), and did 3 matchs, (played best of 3). Pods of 4 drafted, and they played self contained round robin. Everyone who won got the option of any current packs (as an option for people who can't make it back to the store), or an IOU for next week when the set arrives (the option everyone took)
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-18, 10:03

Gross.
That's even worse because there's no rarity guarantee there.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-18, 11:54

Anywho, I went to one yesterday. Paid 20, got mehtastic in my packs (Glass Beads Dragon & Midnight Crow).

Went 0-2, drop. I lost because I had only 1 Grade 3, which is partially my fault because I didn't understand the others could even draft that many Grade 3s to be consistent. Anyway, it was stupidly good to get your Grade 3 early.

They had some other packs left for sale, 10 for 40 along with promos. So I gambled and lost, pulled a Starcall Trumpeter, Maiden of Trailing Rose & another Crow out of the entire thing.

Traded Cable Sheeps for the Kai/Ji Endo mat, which is almost as thin as the microfiber mats despite being rubber. Kai's render is awful, Ji Endo looks great.

Also traded a Playset of Doreens for 2 Full Moons and 1 Half Moon, so that was cool and compensated me some.

Majesty Lord Blaster & Wingal Brave were also pulled. The guy who got the Majesty Lord was a kid who was about like 8, really young anyway and he just wouldn't let go of it until someone traded 2 Alfreds for it.

The event itself was run relatively well, nothing suspicious about it all really, late attendants who came in halfway through the drafting just got whatever they pulled instead to play.

Drafting confused many of the players though, namely the kid but it did get sorted out eventually.

Also, we decided on no redrafting at the end because we all knew it was retarded.

The success of this particular event bodes well for the future because Ireland should be slated to get 3 Team Shop qualifiers and it's own Regional.
Back to top Go down
Edalborez

Edalborez

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-25, 00:26

Well, for better or worse, seems like they will also be doing sneak peek events for EB01 (March 22-24) and Set 8 (April 26-28). In the latter case that's only a week after the Aqua Force trial deck, so AF lovers won't have to wait as long between the two I guess.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty2013-02-25, 07:23

Aqua Force should be AQ or AqF. Angel Feathers are AF/Fanboy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre Release   Pre Release - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre Release
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3