Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

regional qualifier

Go down 
+9
Rider Kick
AegisCrow
firagadam
Chain11207
Redbeastmage
Alice
3XXXDDD
junri
phoenix_yamato
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AegisCrow

AegisCrow

regional qualifier - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: regional qualifier   regional qualifier - Page 2 Empty2013-04-20, 22:22

how's everyone doing for their regional qualifiers so far?

I went to the Michigan one today. it was basically the Detroit meta's best players plus myself and the other guy from Flint.

round 1: I was paired up against Bradon Smith, of all people. he was running MLB and I was running an Ildona Shadow Paladin deck. it was a really tight match, nothing really sack-y happened, triggers-wise, but I was able to perfect guard MLB twice and keep up consistent pressure to force out a win at the very last possible second. I let him record it, so if anyone's interested I'll let you guys know if/when he uploads it.

round 2: I was paired up against a GP player running an Ezel build. I had to mulligan my entire starting hand (4 triggers and a grade 3) and went into it blind, more or less. I was able to ride up to grade 3 smoothly, but the only cards that I drew the whole game that weren't triggers were two grade 2's and two grade 1's as far as i recall. I just wasn't able to put up much pressure at all and got ground into the table before too long. In the grand scheme of things, i didn't really mind losing against this guy because he was the only non-Dragonic Overlord, The End in the final four.

round 3: I was paired up against a PBO player who had a pissy attitude. he started pile shuffling and gave me the evil eye after I explained why I was offended by that (although, to be fair, i wasn't exactly delicate about it and he was already in a bad mood.) needless to say, i shuffled the hell out of his deck. he had a poor start, having to ride Apocalypse Bat in order to get to grade 2. my deck worked out well, and I had a solid field. the problem happened when he flipped a crit on a vanguard attack I had blocked. he put both effects on his second rearguard column and swung. I had two grade 3's in my hand and I'm not sure what else. I remember only having enough shield available to match the attack, and as i was at 4 damage and didn't flip a heal, i lost. he was at 5 damage. this loss really irked me, because of his generally poor attitude and the fact that he did PBO's persona blast when I had 5-6 cards in hand. I perfect-guarded that like you wouldn't believe.

the other Flint player won his first round and lost the second two as well, and we stayed around to trade and watch the rest of the tournament. Final four were Ezel guy and three Dragonic Overlord, The End players. the finals were a mirror match that gave me brain-fits because one player got DO out and couldn't find Dragonic Overlord, The End for the life of him, while the other missed DO, rode Dragonic Overlord, The End, drew two more copies, didn't use a single goddamn counterblast the entire game and discarded those copies of Dragonic Overlord, The End to draw a card with Aermo. he still took 1st, but seriously? he wasn't using anything else for counterblasts and could have gotten two more attacks (possibly) and two more cards if he had just held out for a persona-blast instead.

TL;DR: I knocked Brandon Smith out of the winner's bracket and seriously flopped beyond that. how have your regionals been so far?
Back to top Go down
Argroh Valdios

Argroh Valdios

PostSubject: Re: regional qualifier   regional qualifier - Page 2 Empty2013-04-20, 23:11

From the way I currently perceve the community here, I think knocking out Brandon Smith is considder "Win". Sorry if I said anything I shouldn't have.
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: regional qualifier   regional qualifier - Page 2 Empty2013-04-21, 03:12

Argroh Valdios wrote:
From the way I currently perceve the community here, I think knocking out Brandon Smith is considder "Win". Sorry if I said anything I shouldn't have.

All your posts seem scared as fuck. Say what you want and if you do say something "wrong" then like 5 people will jump down your throat and you'll know what you did wrong.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: regional qualifier   regional qualifier - Page 2 Empty2013-04-21, 05:30

AegisCrow wrote:
TL;DR: I knocked Brandon Smith out of the winner's bracket and seriously flopped beyond that. how have your regionals been so far?
Oh god. So if you are out of the regional qualifier, I assume you're not going to nationals or anything above?

@Epideme, I lolled hard
Back to top Go down
VesperGhoul

VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: regional qualifier   regional qualifier - Page 2 Empty2013-04-21, 10:47

Epideme wrote:

All your posts seem scared as fuck. Say what you want and if you do say something "wrong" then like 5 people will jump down your throat and you'll know what you did wrong.

Or in the case of other internet communities if you say something right then like 5 people will jump down your throat and you'll know what they thought you did wrong. :p

On topic - Aegis, sucks losing to Blond Weazel (Pet name we have for him), but I can understand the feeling of never getting enough RGs to set up columns. Nice work against MLB though, quite a feat considering the ease in which that deck can make 20k columns to make your life difficult.
Back to top Go down
AegisCrow

AegisCrow

PostSubject: Re: regional qualifier   regional qualifier - Page 2 Empty2013-04-21, 12:01

@Epideme: to be fair, V-Mundi has a fairly elitist and merciless reputation when it comes to newcomers and outsiders.

@Alice: yeah, unfortunately. at the very least though, I was able to meet my goals: 1) play against Brandon. 2) see if I'm a decent player, or if the Flint meta just sucks. I was able to hold my own in the casual games I played before the tournament and after my elimination. the Detroit meta seems a bit more... invested(?) in the game that the Flint meta. the guys I played from Detroit had completed decks, while a few of us in Flint have complete decks and a good number try to make do with what they can put together.
so all in all, I accomplished my goals and I'll certainly be trying again in the next tournament series that comes up.

@vesper: Brandon got out three toypugals, man. I don't remember his front row rearguards, but one was a grade three, and one was a grade 1 that got +3k if he has a blaster or something like that. anyways, I had to throw down my last two cards to recover my field from Ildona's limit-break skill. if I hadn't beat him that turn, I absolutely would have lost.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: regional qualifier   regional qualifier - Page 2 Empty2013-04-21, 15:41

>Elitist
No. Striving to be correct before you speak is not a fault, it's a virtue.
>Merciless
Maybe. Depending on your point of view.

Yeah after Brandon shit on Toypugal, he went and ran it. I'm glad someone from this site got to face him down.
Back to top Go down
AegisCrow

AegisCrow

PostSubject: Re: regional qualifier   regional qualifier - Page 2 Empty2013-04-21, 20:42

It's the reputation this community has. I never said it was true.
Hell, I actually feel pretty welcome, myself, and I've only been posting for about... a month?
Back to top Go down
mastermune

mastermune

PostSubject: Re: regional qualifier   regional qualifier - Page 2 Empty2013-04-22, 00:57

It's sad, there is no regional qualifier here on the island, had a team and everything set up if we could and all:Me with the Spikes, one with Stern, and his girlfriend with the bermudas.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: regional qualifier   regional qualifier - Page 2 Empty2013-04-22, 09:40

AegisCrow wrote:
It's the reputation this community has. I never said it was true.
Hell, I actually feel pretty welcome, myself, and I've only been posting for about... a month?
NOOOOOO! I'VE FAAAAAILED. I MUST MAKE YOU FEEL UN-WELCOME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: regional qualifier   regional qualifier - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

regional qualifier
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2