Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Conflicted on which second clan to pursue

Go down 
+3
MonolithAngel
firagadam
Zangetsu21
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zangetsu21

Zangetsu21

Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty
PostSubject: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty2013-03-31, 18:13

Greetings everyone. I am new to these forums, and such I am hoping to get some advice in regards to making a deck. Now, I do apologize, if this thread is in many ways redundant. Given there have been previous posts from many other users, I understand if some individuals are irritated by my message.

Alas, forgive that distraction, and I shall proceed. As alluded to in the title, I would describe myself as a moderate-beginner to Vanguard. The current deck I run is a Gold Paladin deck, which is a Blonde Ezel build. While I am still modifying it and trying to master it(for tournament usage), I am considering which other clan I should partake in.

Thus, I have boiled down my two preferences to the following clans: Dimension Police and Dark Irregulars. Now, to be clear, I have read both of Alice's works on both clans respectively. I understand that Dimension Police is very focused on the center column, specifically having the Vanguard hit for maximum damage, with the utilization of the rear guard. This especially with Laurel and Enigma Storm to which when utilized in combination can be very devastating.

However, I do appreciate Dark Irregulars, specifically the Amon's powers, and Stil Vampir's megablast(despite understanding megablasts are very hard to pull off, though, his is very good and can be for many accounts a game changer) which have captivated me.

The only two things I am worried about is how effective each clan is, given the current tournament situation, and current prices.I understand DImension Police have very little support as of now (this going off of Alice's article), but are quite cheap builds. Though, given I do wish to play in tournaments, I am willing to expend more for certain cards.

In terms of Dark Irregulars, I understand they are very good with resource management and costs, and in terms of late game can nearly be unstoppable. But also many of there cards, like Amon, Stil Vampir, are rather expensive.

That said, I am hoping to gain further information about the clans, and how they have been utilized, or are being utilized. Again, I thank everyone for reading this message, and I apologize for its length.

Back to top Go down
firagadam
firagadam

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty2013-03-31, 20:10

Untill Zeal gets released, DP requires too much set up VERY soon to work out, this hurts the consistency of the deck.

Same thing with DI, you need to commit to the field with it Soon to get your plays going, that leaves with fuck all guarding abilities most of the time.

and the tourny state right now with all the kageros because cross-ride motherfuckery is not very healthy for set up intensive clans, my suggestion is building DP now, getting the PGs and next month use the Zeal deck, because he rapes
Back to top Go down
Zangetsu21

Zangetsu21

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty2013-03-31, 20:37

Okay. I will admit after pricing out both decks, Dimension Police seems better price wise. Also, utilizing Laurel with Enigma Storm from what I have seen is crazy, and such gives it an advantage. Also, I read up on Zeal, and wow, just wow.

That ability from Zeal dragon alone is going to make running Blonde Ezel very difficult in tournaments. In terms of a Dimension Police deck, I was thinking of utilizing most of the cards Alice recommended. But I understand if this won't do, given how there are newer cards.
Back to top Go down
firagadam
firagadam

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty2013-03-31, 21:36

The Build you should focus NOW for DP is Rain, then use Zeal once bt-08 is released, that shit makes ezel cry like a bitch
Back to top Go down
MonolithAngel

MonolithAngel

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty2013-03-31, 22:18

Pricewise, many Dark Irregular cards will tear holes in your wallet. The only build I find significantly cheaper than others would be Beelzebub; my locals store sells him for 2 bucks a pop.

Both clans have some emphasis on the center column. But yes, if you're willing to wait, play Zeal. He's an absolute terror when he hits the field.

Yes, firagadam is correct. Dark Irregulars commit to the field early, but have a near invincible late game. But it's honestly up to your playstyle and how you'd like to win. Before you make any final decisions, I recommend you proxy a Dark Irregulars deck and a Dimension Police deck, and see which you'd like to go with.
Back to top Go down
firagadam
firagadam

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty2013-03-31, 22:37

>>Near invincible Late game
Eeeeeeeh not really, tsukuyomi has a near invincible late game if you let her build her shit, they have good power plays, with not much set up, but in other to capitalize on that they have to commit early and force out damage, if you cant do that, well, hope they are not paying a on-hit pressure deck
Back to top Go down
junri

junri

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty2013-04-01, 01:11

I think he was quoting Alice's article with that phrase. Amon is pretty formidable late game, I would say to the point of being near invincible as well since no one is going to guard that ever unless with a PG.
Back to top Go down
AegisCrow

AegisCrow

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty2013-04-01, 02:38

Megacolony. Always Megacolony.

on a more serious note, it depends on how competitive you want to be. too many can go wrong with the current DP builds that are available, but in all honesty I love playing with them in a casual match.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty2013-04-01, 07:05

Dark Irregulars was my favorite clan, so know that I say this with a heavy but true heart: they're unilaterally worse than BT8 Dimension Police

Amon build is practically useless. No one should guard vanguards in midgame and by late game they've had time to accrue shield. The 3/3/3 it strives for is far more chance reliant and less consistent than Swan Soul from Royal Paladins.

Reijy is probably the best example of what DI do but it's expensive since it's so foil and has that dumb Flirtatious promo, and probably the most inconsistent deck other than scrubby Gold Paladin decks with random calls. It just relies far too much on a fast setup which is entirely up to chance.

Stil Anchor is a good and fun deck but megablasts can be countered for about 1-2 turns which is often enough time to make you lose by endurance. Especially in DI where you usually have less shield due to early unit commitment because of setup reliance.

Beelzebub is the most consistent DI build and its main goal is getting 3/3/3. Yet it is still far outclassed by Swan Soul and Bark Bark Garmr. It's basically a budget Royal Paladin deck.

Zeal is a bullshit deck with a 20% chance of guaranteed win, 33% chance of very easy win, and rest of the time it competes evenly with at least every other deck minus The End and possibly Majesty. Daiyusha is a crossride so obviously he's good by virtue of a crossride. Combined with super's early use of its skill and laurel, you have a lot of options for victory in that tanky deck. If your two choices are DP and DI, go DP all the way. In one month, DP is going to blow it out of the water. That's really not much time to wait considering. Just get your Diamond Aces (4) and Laurels (3) while they're still super cheap because they won't stay that way post-BT8. If you don't mind expending a little more for a playable deck temporarily, get 4 Miracle Beauties too and grab the commons/rares for Rain Dance build.
Back to top Go down
MonolithAngel

MonolithAngel

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty2013-04-02, 00:18

@Firagadam
Thank you for correcting me. Yes, I shouldn't have said "near invincible late game;" rather, Dark Irregulars have a "rather improved late game." :P

@Junri
Haha yep, I was quoting Alice.

Sorry, I don't know how to insert quotes. But I do know how to respond to people.

And yes, take Alice's advice. Zeal is most likely going to be over-estimated and Dimension Police's prices will skyrocket due to Daiyusha's release/upgrades. And Rain isn't a bad deck at all, you might want to try and pick it up for a while.
Back to top Go down
Zangetsu21

Zangetsu21

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty2013-04-02, 11:00

First off, thank you very much for suggestions. They have been very helpful. So the overall consensus is Dimension Police, which I can understand. I shall pick up Laurels, Diamond Aces' and Miracle Beauties.

However, as for other cards I am still confused? Should I go the Enigma Storm route, and perhaps get Zeal dragon later, or should I wait for Zeal dragon?
Back to top Go down
newbishop

newbishop

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty2013-04-02, 11:13

Get Rains, or wait for Zeal. Storm, while decent, is too inconsistent. Although believe me that whrn it does work, it's super satisfying.
Back to top Go down
AegisCrow

AegisCrow

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty2013-04-02, 12:52

if you're going to get miracle beauties, go for the Rain route.
she only needs +2k to gain her extra effects and her on-hit stand effect for rearguards puts the most mileage out of miracle beauty, regardless of whether or not you've got a laurel on the field.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty2013-04-02, 13:46

Zeal isn't a dragon :T
Back to top Go down
Zangetsu21

Zangetsu21

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty2013-04-02, 18:55

Okay. But before I am set on Dimension Police, there is one more clan I wish to get some information on: Narukami. I understand it is a very limited clan, given there aren't many cards, but how will that deck do against some of the more current decks?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty2013-04-02, 19:24

Like, not at all. If you want them, get them for Set 10. Narukami don't fair extremely poorly like some clans, but they still don't stack up. Not saying they're bad. They're actually a really formidable clan in any other meta.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conflicted on which second clan to pursue   Conflicted on which second clan to pursue Empty

Back to top Go down

Conflicted on which second clan to pursue
Page 1 of 1