Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HadesHypnotist

HadesHypnotist

[Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2 Empty
PostSubject: [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2   [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2 Empty2013-04-20, 07:59

So basically just a modified version of pre-constructed list done by Alice without challenging her credibility. We all know Alice's version has been tested properly and pretty balanced, but I tried to allocate space for midnight bunny and mirror demon just for extra fun.

Same Grade 0 lineup (Gap, 4 heal, 4 draw, 8 stand)

G1
2 midnight bunny
1 skull juggler
4 purple trapezist
4 hades hypnotist
3 turqouise beast tamer

g2
2 dancing princess
4 crimson beast tamer
2 mirror demon
3 nitro juggler

g3
4 robert
2 alice
2 midnight invader

Explanation

G1 Lineup change
If you read Alice's comments in the Pale Moon posts, she does admit that midnight bunny is a good card especially with 4 trapezist in the deck, however she prefers Turqoise due to competing space and need of soulcharging (skull juggler). now that we have nitro juggler, I downed 2 of skull juggler and add up 3 nitro juggler to compensate with it, with the following thoughts :
- G2 soulcharger can be intercepted when I want it to be replaced with stronger cards like crimson
- 1 Elephant Juggler proved to be very inconsistent for me especially if my hands filled with some grade 0 and 3 even after mulligan (so not possible to rack up soul when elephant is my VG) also, drawing 1 out of 1 from the deck is unlikely to happen
- as mentioned, midnight bunny is really a lovely card especially with invader in front of her

G2 Lineup change
I know Mirror demon sucks, I completely understand. The reason he exists that because I'm pretty uncomfortable with peek-a-boo (I used to ran him with MQM for +1 every turn). Well... this is really contrary to Alice statement : 'the reason (Peek-a-Boo) exists because he literally replace Mirror demon from existence' (Brunhild, 2012). Have tried running 4 vanilla as Alice said, but well... I really happy to see my opponent misplayed when I attack their RG with mirror demon. I know experience is not a valid data, but do 2 mirror demon really hurt the deck too much? I mean, after he failed (to hit), he is still 5000 shield during the opponent's turn right? (Peek a Boo cant do this)
Hungry clown is basically another pressure without serious reward, and soulcharging to much ended up with nothing unless I run peek-a-boo or mistress hurricane
Considered league bear as well, but I'm having difficulty to make the most of his effect (he is attacked, I rarely properly guard with him, etc..,etc...). Might replace Nitro juggler with this bear if you guys think it is better to do so.

G3 Lineup change
only replacing 2 Alice with 2 invader for the reason that I am having too much bad luck riding up alice and then doesn't get robert afterwards leaving me with 10k vanilla VG. Invader is comfy because even he is in VC he can hit 21k with turqouise. I don't know if this really change the deck's winning image, but it SEEMS fine to me. Let me know what you guys think. I have tried teching up luquier, hurricane, and even golden as the G3 but they alter the winning image and doesn't synergy well.

While I don't use any hard theory, calculation, and proven facts, I do hope you understand I'm just a casual player looking for opinion amongst the community.
Back to top Go down
junri

junri

PostSubject: Re: [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2   [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2 Empty2013-04-20, 12:51

Alice's decklist has been tested extensively and I am pretty sure you have not tested as extensively as she has.

Also, in regards to Mirror Demon - it sucks because it will never hit and does not form good columns with anything other than Turqouise and even if you stand it with a trigger, it is always just a 5k guard. When you compare it Alice, if you hit a stand trigger you can get a 10k guard if your opponent is a 10k vanguard. Peek-a-Boo is better because it can become a +1 in combination with Purple Trapezist and uses excess soul.

Also, Big League Bear is good because it always draws a rear-guard attack. It's a 5k shield, but since it'll usually draw an attack because your opponent does not want you intercepting with it, it effectively becomes a 10k shield. If they hit it with something that requires 5k to guard, just guard it with a 5k because anything and just let it die if it requires 10k to guard.
Back to top Go down
HadesHypnotist

HadesHypnotist

PostSubject: Re: [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2   [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2 Empty2013-04-20, 23:50

junri wrote:
Alice's decklist has been tested extensively and I am pretty sure you have not tested as extensively as she has.

Also, in regards to Mirror Demon - it sucks because it will never hit and does not form good columns with anything other than Turqouise and even if you stand it with a trigger, it is always just a 5k guard. When you compare it Alice, if you hit a stand trigger you can get a 10k guard if your opponent is a 10k vanguard. Peek-a-Boo is better because it can become a +1 in combination with Purple Trapezist and uses excess soul.

Also, Big League Bear is good because it always draws a rear-guard attack. It's a 5k shield, but since it'll usually draw an attack because your opponent does not want you intercepting with it, it effectively becomes a 10k shield. If they hit it with something that requires 5k to guard, just guard it with a 5k because anything and just let it die if it requires 10k to guard.

I get your point Junri, thanks for pointing that out, and yes I dont do extensive tests.
So to sum up, replace mirror demon with peek-a-boo and nitro juggler with bear?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2   [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2 Empty2013-04-21, 05:39

HadesHypnotist wrote:
While I don't use any hard theory, calculation, and proven facts, I do hope you understand I'm just a casual player looking for opinion amongst the community.
So you don't have any:
  • Explanatory theory
  • Mathematical calculation
  • Facts

So my question to you is, what exactly are you looking for? Any correct answer is going to be backed up by at least one, if not more, of those three things. Which my tested blog deck list already is. Did you just want us to asspull an answer at random?
Back to top Go down
HadesHypnotist

HadesHypnotist

PostSubject: Re: [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2   [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2 Empty2013-04-21, 08:02

Hi Alice, thankyou for your post.
Certainly not, I'm looking for the answer to the following question :
1. It is fine with the g1 lineup change with midnight bunny?
2. Is there any difference changing your soulcharger from skulljuggler to nitrojuggler?
3. Does changing 2 nightmare doll alice to midnight invader will be fine?

Once again, my post is opinion, and I do not mind getting only opinion answer because I don't really understand game theory like you do.
Does it wrong to have random thoughts about statement (that you claimed correct)? Isn't a perfectly proved statement even may sounds wrong for someone else?

Considering Toulmin's argument model ...
Claim : Alice's decklist is good nothing wrong with it
Data : any calculation you have proved
Warrant / Backing : I don't see any here, but it may be exists, for instance, till now I never see a VG Tourney winner using your decklist, while in fact they may exists in local.
Qualifier : game theory is Alice Brunhild's expertise
Rebuttal : other reader's comments and my post above

So well I'm not asking or trapping you into 'asspulling' answer at random, I'm completing the rebuttal just for my own good because I have new thoughts about the claim after Comic Style released.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2   [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2 Empty2013-04-21, 08:28

You should change your deck to the following

4 Golden Beast Tamers (You only need four because you have a Grade 3 searcher)

4 Elephant Juggler (because Elephants are intimidating)
4 Mirror Demon (because demons are cool)

4 Madcap Marrionette (to get those ever important units into your soul)
4 Pinky Piggie (Much better for guarding than Perfects because you can also use it to boost and still guard afterwards)

4 Innocent Magician (Lets you run less Grade 3s and have more total defense)

In my opinion when you have this base down, you are free to deck anything and the deck will work at equal efficiency.
Back to top Go down
HadesHypnotist

HadesHypnotist

PostSubject: Re: [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2   [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2 Empty2013-04-21, 23:49

3XXXDDD wrote:
You should change your deck to the following

4 Golden Beast Tamers (You only need four because you have a Grade 3 searcher)

4 Elephant Juggler (because Elephants are intimidating)
4 Mirror Demon (because demons are cool)

4 Madcap Marrionette (to get those ever important units into your soul)
4 Pinky Piggie (Much better for guarding than Perfects because you can also use it to boost and still guard afterwards)

4 Innocent Magician (Lets you run less Grade 3s and have more total defense)

In my opinion when you have this base down, you are free to deck anything and the deck will work at equal efficiency.

Hahaha you are funny, not to mention I mained Pale Moon because I see Martiachan's and your guide at Pojo.
Can't we just have some friendly conversation? Are you guys really enjoyed debating stuffs with theory?
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2   [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2 Empty2013-04-22, 07:08

Is English your first language because that confused me?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2   [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2 Empty2013-04-22, 09:39

I'm not debating anything; I don't know what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2   [Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Need Help] Alice in Nightmareland v2
Page 1 of 1