Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
farmergiles

farmergiles

Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty
PostSubject: Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!   Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty2013-05-05, 13:11

Another casual tournament is being held at our games society. The only one I've been too before I was severely disadvantaged because I was forced to resort to a Golden Mechanical trial deck (still got some victories though!)

Now I have some fully fledged decks but it's difficult to choose as it's hard to tell which one works (problem with multiple decks, you don't get to test them out often).

I have 3 in mind currently so I thought I'd post up the lists: - on top of these I do also have the cards / guards necessary to run Spike Brothers Dudley (or Hell Mary Rushdown from Alice's list) and Tsukuyomi and Granblue, but I fear the latter two won't work out (certainly not the OTT or GB I expect). I'm open to suggestions though.

META wise - it's quite a variety but most players will have bad decks or lack of PG's etc so I'm not worried about them, but some of the better players wield Paladins, Oracles, Dark Irr's and Dimension Police Enigma. The DP in particular cause me a lot of bother because of their constant "on-hit" skills which compared to my decks, do a dam sight more than mine. Doesn't help that he's the luckiest trigger man either and I suck at triggers! 11,000 vanguards are relatively common but there's next to no cross-riding.

GOLD RUTILE COUNTERBLAST DECK

Beast White Tiger (shame Nova don't have any decent starters as he is so out of place)
Heal Trigger x 4
Stand Trigger x 8
Draw Trigger x 4

Twin Blader x 4
Tough Boy x 3
Clay Doll Mechanic x 4
Oasis Girl x 3

Brutal Jack x 4
Magician Girl Kiara x 3
Super Electromagnetic Storm x 2
King of Swords x 2

Gold Rutile x 4
Death Metal Droid x 4

STERN BLAUKLUGER CRITICAL DECK

See Alice's deck list for STERN BLUE WISDOM except replace the non-Stern Grade 3's with 1 x Beast Dragon and 4 x Miss Splendour (I only have 1 Dragon and I felt that Asura Kaiser didn't fit with his Vanguard only ability. Miss Splendour does help as a sucker punch move though when they go to block Stern.

PALE MOON TOUCHDOWN ALICE

As per Alice except I only have 1 x Peek-a-Boo - the other Peek-A-Boo slot is currently a Skull Juggler because I don't know what else to replace it with. I have the cards to make the Dusk Illusionist version as well.

My experience with Pale Moon is that I probably still haven't fully mastered them yet, I've done better with Dusk than I have with Sarah as I find Sarah's deck loses card advantage (due to no draw triggers) and doesn't have any major soul charging means so how do you ever set her up with a decent toolbox? Dusk will end up with a giant toolbox on the other hand and his divination helps with my trigger bad luck!

Open to all suggestions! Out of all my decks, I've had the most experience with Nova Grappler, particularly the Gold Rutile deck, but I sometimes wonder if it's ever competitive enough considering some of the OP stuff I see paladins and dimension police running with.

Back to top Go down
VesperGhoul

VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!   Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty2013-05-05, 13:16

If you are trying to win, Stern. If you want to have fun....RUTILE OP! ;)

It really depends on prizes vs amusement.
Back to top Go down
farmergiles

farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!   Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty2013-05-05, 13:50

Can't one enjoy winning? :P I enjoy the Stern deck as well - must have a thing for Nova Grapplers in general - well they were my first clan when I started Vanguard.

I think someone used Stern at the last tourney but didn't even get in the Top 4 finals - though I've no idea if he had a full complement of cards or even 4 perfect guards - i very much doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!   Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty2013-05-05, 22:05

farmergiles wrote:
Can't one enjoy winning? :P I enjoy the Stern deck as well - must have a thing for Nova Grapplers in general - well they were my first clan when I started Vanguard.

I think someone used Stern at the last tourney but didn't even get in the Top 4 finals - though I've no idea if he had a full complement of cards or even 4 perfect guards - i very much doubt it.

Or maybe he is simply the bad player.
Back to top Go down
farmergiles

farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!   Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty2013-05-06, 03:27

Very true! Stern could be a good choice then. I might make one or two changes to the deck though, I find the death armies don't get much time to shine. Will post an alternative deck idea soon.
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!   Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty2013-05-06, 14:20

Yeah, I took my death army guys out of my stern. Ms. Splendor is doing great things in the deck.
Back to top Go down
farmergiles

farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!   Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty2013-05-07, 17:25

Ok here we go, my revised deck list - all suggestions welcome.

Blaujunger
4 x Heal
12 x Crit

Twin Blader x 4
Tough Boy x 4
Dancing Wolf x 3
Blaupanzer x 4

Blaukluger x 4
Eisenkugel x 4
King of Swords x 2

Stern Blaukluger x 4
Miss Splendour x 4
Back to top Go down
Rider Kick

Rider Kick

PostSubject: Re: Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!   Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty2013-05-07, 17:34

Switch the Eisen and the king of sword numbers. Trust me Eisen is not as good as he seems. Honestly I'd put Kiara in over him. Or Electro magnetic in instead for damaging unflipping tech.
Back to top Go down
farmergiles

farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!   Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty2013-05-07, 17:39

Well the only thing that uses CB is Stern so Electro hardly seems worth it. And Kiara would need Electro to be able to afford her abilities. Swapping Eisen numbers with King's though - no problem.

Or maybe 2 of each of Eisen / King / Electro?

I did try using the Death Army Combos and having one "spare" 11K Grade 3, but I just found it wasn't hitting hard enough - maybe I was just unlucky on checks, would be a shame to waste them.
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!   Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty2013-05-07, 17:58

When is your next local?
Back to top Go down
farmergiles

farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!   Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty2013-05-07, 18:05

This Saturday - it's just a student society tourney that I've kinda muzzled into! :-) I just intend to do a dam sight better than when I wielded a trial deck!
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!   Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty2013-05-07, 18:23

You better post the result of the tournament, because I want to know how well you fare.
Back to top Go down
farmergiles

farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!   Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty2013-05-07, 18:39

Yavon Mein Fuhrer!! :P

I'll be sure to update on how bad my trigger pulling luck is! :P
Back to top Go down
farmergiles

farmergiles

PostSubject: Re: Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!   Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty2013-05-12, 06:47

WoW, that was a fun event.

12 participants - 6 rounds of "Best of 3" Round Robin and then a straight up elimination setup for the Top 4.

Went undefeated for all Round Robin matches and even the semi-final match. Unfortunately my luck turned against me in the finals against another Nova Grappler mish-mash deck where my triggers refused to turn up and his Stand triggers kept coming out. Boy did I employ some quality tactics though to stay alive while on 5 damage, choosing my targets wisely and utilising superior interceptors (I removed two Grade 3's and replaced with 2 x NGM before the tourney) to their fullest against overwhelming odds.

However I think I was more hard done by dodgy play though - I saw his deck laid out at one point and he barely had 4-5 cards in the entire Ride chain for Stern (he had other Grade 3's as well) and yet somehow not only does he pull the chain off flawlessly, but also manages to grab two Eisenkugels when he hits Stage 2...............yeah I'm not convinced mate. Ah well, all he got was an extra booster prize wise and everyone acknowledges my deck was the better one by far. I had some critical Stern attacks and only had room to go "oh crap" when facing off against Dark Irregulars and a Gold Paladin player who managed to superior ride Ezel when I was grade 1, but due to a tactical error of not blocking Stern, I pulled it back! :D

However next time in June as a rule the Top 4 have to change decks so hopefully I'll have a Raptor Colonel deck or a Musketeer deck (can't get Arboros to work right so far) or get to grips with my Pale Moon by then.
Back to top Go down
BrookylnRage

BrookylnRage

PostSubject: Re: Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!   Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty2013-05-12, 07:09

Congratulation, you're the winner!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!   Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck! Empty

Back to top Go down

Local Casual Tourney Coming Up - Can't Decide on Deck!
Page 1 of 1