Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
newbishop

newbishop

The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty
PostSubject: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty2012-10-30, 12:38

Well, as my first forum in here, I’m asking for general
opinions on the clan Granblue, it having been the first deck I’ve built, and
the reason I ever even started the game (I mean, who doesn’t love undead
pirates?) I’ve noticed that the clan doesn’t have as much love as it should
have, evidenced by the seriously low (yet convenient) prices most cards have,
heck, I even managed to get my hands on an SP Cocytus for a meager $10. Well, I
just want to hear for any opinions on this, as well as the current standing the
clan has on this meta format =)
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty2012-10-30, 12:42

It's my longest article. It was my tournament-killer before I wrote that article (hence the long wait on that clan).

As for its impact, it does as well as any other clan. Cocytus build appears to be the most consistent and does great in this format since everything is pretty balanced right now. Granblue do need a Dindrane clone for the drop though, similarly to what Garmore gets. The deck has extreme consistency because of its ability to make any field a proper one, which is obviously great in a tournament format that's such a sacky elimination style.
Back to top Go down
newbishop

newbishop

PostSubject: Re: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty2012-10-30, 13:47

Yeah, it's definitely what I've concluded from use, though I feel it could use a bit more, such as units that call from the drop (as in, any card, and have more reanimation options than the self-revivers, but I love the Dindrane idea, they need more draw effects, and depending on Cutlass can be pretty difficult, as it uses up soul I might need for other purposes, I just hope BT10 comes with some new tricks for Granblue, it stands well, yet it still has that undersupported feel...
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty2012-10-30, 19:11

I also wish they had skills similar to Angel Feather's [Damage] location for [Hand] [Send this unit to the Drop Zone] GETSKILL

It'd be a nice way to gain other skills that would otherwise be powerful by paying in advantage. In addition, they actually do need more advantage engines. As of Set 7, we've really outgrown stuff like the Cocytus-Cutlass engine and only Basskirk seems to be able to get long-term advantage now due to soul spamming.
Back to top Go down
Another Leather Lung

Another Leather Lung

PostSubject: Re: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty2012-10-30, 19:48

I agree they need more support.

They can still hold their own against other decks, from my experience. 12 crits put in work.
Back to top Go down
newbishop

newbishop

PostSubject: Re: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty2012-10-31, 07:42

Yeah, they can definitely fight hard
against most clans, it's just that there are very few builds that
actually run full on technical to the clan's theme and strengths, I
find most people using the clan are using it as a vanilla beat-down
more often that not due to the access to 12 crits, more diversity in
gaining hand advantage would be welcome, as well as Alice's
suggestion to add different drop zone dependent effects, e.g a card
you CB 1 and retire it to call another card from drop which has it's
same grade or lower; send this card to the drop, or something like
the DI's Witching Vehicles, that it gains +2000 for each copy in the
drop or such, so far, only very few cards take full advantage of the
drop such as Nightmist, the Deadly Series including it's superior
ride, and of course Samurai Spirit and Skull Dragon, which usually
end up being what I pull out with Chappie, seeing as they're the
easiest to revive when you count so much on Cutlass as an advantage
engine. Some variety would be good, and though they may not need it,
a proper non-power Limit Breaker would be welcome. As a good example
on how Cutlass could be so important, through my experience, I
actually learned the hard way that, if you're unlucky enough to have
to choose between riding the null guard and Cutlass, the null is
usually the better option...
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty2012-10-31, 13:12

Yes, Cutlass is the least-priority ride. I'm testing out a new play style for BDSM to see if I can eke out extra shielding with it by consuming resources on purpose and killing off Grade 3s for Grade 2s. We'll see how that goes. It can't be much less efficient than Guard Griffon (Kagero G1, 6k, CB:1 +5k shield when in G) or Blightops (Tachikaze G2, 9k, CB:1 +5k shield essentially when retired). So something like CB:1 to get Nightmist for a Grade 3 sounds good. Or SB:2 to get Deadly.
Back to top Go down
Another Leather Lung

Another Leather Lung

PostSubject: Re: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty2012-10-31, 17:35

"Vanilla" Granblue is pretty bad. Anything 12 critical can do in that, they can do better in other builds.
Back to top Go down
newbishop

newbishop

PostSubject: Re: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty2012-11-01, 17:46

As for the BDSM build, the near constant reanimating does help with shielding like crazy, back to when I still didn't have Cocytus, I know I constantly annoyed my opponents with the reanimating, but the thing that steered me to full Cocytus was just the lack of power it usually held and usually soulcharging the triggers more often than not. And, yes, it frustrates me when the clan is used as a cheap beatdown, RP for rxample can do the beatdown so much easily due to access to damn Palamedes, I guess being the cheapest 12 crit clan is the draw, I wish I could witness a Granblue deck in action to its fullest potential
Back to top Go down
PureCray

PureCray

PostSubject: Re: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty2012-11-01, 20:40

Granblue just need a crossride. Something like Cross over Cocytus, Swordmaster, Exceed, or Basskirk

Cocytus could let you get +5000 when attacking and ACT CB:3 to revive 2 cards
Basskirk could let you LB:5, CB:3 revive 3 units when it declares an attack.
Swordmaster could let you crossride from the Drop Zone if your vanguard is DSM. And gain an additional +1000 defense.
Exceed could let you search your deck for a card to put into your soul once per turn.
Back to top Go down
Another Leather Lung

Another Leather Lung

PostSubject: Re: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty2012-11-02, 00:18

Every clan needs a crossride.

As much as I dislike the idea of them, they better give Granblue one. Even if they do, that will be sooo much later on. 2014ish at earliest, since it's not in set 9. So that wont be any help for a while.
Back to top Go down
newbishop

newbishop

PostSubject: Re: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty2012-11-02, 06:38

Out of the clans available, a Xride for GB would be somewhat likely (though not for a while) but it'd be a little frightening due to the sheer reusability of 5k shields, and though having a different stance on Xrides than this forum supports, I'd kindly ask for no further discussion, because when I made this thread, I did it to discuss GB on the Vmundi format, and I'd like to continue respecting this stance
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty2012-11-21, 10:33

How come there haven't been any granblue's after set 6? :o
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty2012-11-21, 10:46

Ask Bushiroad. They're the ones stroking their dicks to Gold Paladins and crossrides.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty2012-11-21, 13:10

Alice wrote:
Ask Bushiroad. They're the ones stroking their dicks to Gold Paladins and crossrides.
i hope they don't end up forgeting about them until like set 20. the ad would be like: REMEMBER THESE GUYS!? OF COURSE YOU DON'T!!
Back to top Go down
newbishop

newbishop

PostSubject: Re: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty2012-11-21, 15:17

Hopefully set 10 has some support, if they follow this whole, start of season support to GB, although I really don't get the vibe we're seeing any GB's in set 10...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue   The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue Empty

Back to top Go down

The Undead Creatures of the Deep: Granblue
Page 1 of 1