Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deck Help - Granblue deck

Go down 
+4
Leonheart
Lockon Stratos
Pendragon
thym4n
8 posters
AuthorMessage
thym4n

thym4n

Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty
PostSubject: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-11, 20:25

Hi guys. I'm really new to vanguard and discovered this awesome site :D. Anyways, i'm next-to fresh "out of the dryer" on vangurd. looking at clans, i was really interested in the granblues. i would appreciate any and every help i can get to make the deck work together.
p.s. i'm trying to make as budget of a deck as i can. Notice "budget", meaning no ruin shade or gust jinn (ik, hard D:)
I came up with 2 possible deck lists:

1. Regular Cocytus build. Really common build i am seeing in granblue players. I need some help to accustom to my playing style, which really can be anything the deck works up to :P

Grade 0: 20
• 1x captain nightkid
• 2x ghoul cannonball (critical)
• 4x knight spirit (critical)
• 4x rough seas banshee (critical)
• 2x hades steerman (stand)
• 4x rick the ghostie (heal)
• 3x chappie the ghostie

Grade 1: 11
• 2x dancing cutlass
• 3x dandy guy, romario
• 3x evil shade
• 3x deadly nightmare

Grade 2: 12
• 3x deadly spirit
• 2x three star chef, pietro
• 4x skeleton demon world knight
• 3x commodore blue blood

Grade 3: 7
• 4x ice prison necromancer, cocytus
• 2x deadly swordmaster
• 1x dragon undead, skull dragon

2. Deadly Exceed Beat-down. This deck tries to get out spirit exceed while your opponent's still at grade 1, 2 latest. This allows to quickly call other grade 3's to the rear guard and attack full-force. Also, a bit more agressive triggers.

Grade 0: 20
• 1x captain nightkid
• 2x ghoul cannonball (critical)
• 4x knight spirit (critical)
• 4x rough seas banshee (critical)
• 2x hades steerman (stand)
• 4x rick the ghostie (heal)
• 3x chappie the ghostie

Grade 1: 13
• 2x dancing cutlass
• 4x samurai spirit
• 4x evil shade
• 3x deadly nightmare

Grade 2: 10
• 3x deadly spirit
• 2x three star chef, pietro
• 3x captain nightmist
• 2x commodore blue blood

• 2x master swordsman, nightstorm
• 2x deadly swordmaster
• 2x spirit exceed
• 1x dragon undead, skull dragon

I'm sorry guy if there's already a topic on this, but i think i need noob-news, not some advanced stuff. Also, sorry if my choices and numbers are terrible to you, i'm again really new to understand >.<

For anyone that can help me, thank you! :D
Back to top Go down
Pendragon

Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-11, 20:34

3 Cocytus Is Enough For The First Build. Also-1Evil Shade -1Deadly Spirit +1 Commodore Blueblood+1Romario
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-11, 21:12

Hmm, I'd suggest ditching Romario for Samurai Spirit in the first build. Unless you intend to be going against Hamburger-Time, which is a BAD idea, you don't really need the vanillas in Granblue, you'll be hitting good numbers just fine anyway. As for Blueblood, if you get the opportunity, ditch him for Ruin Shade, but unless you can do that, nothing really needs to be done as far as he's concerned.
Back to top Go down
Leonheart

Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-12, 08:49

Yay! another granblue beginner like me! we're pretty much in the same boat mate!I've just been around for 1-1.5month. I like your trigger lineup, exactly the same lineup as mine. I think evil shade should be 2 at most. add a couple more samurai spirit for G1.
For me personally, I like to always have option of deaadly nightmare and samurai spirit, and for G2 I want some Nightmist and Deadly spirit. and since you're running swordmaster, it's a good idea to run 4 of each of the deadlies.

so, IMO, for deck1:
-1 evilShade, -2 skeleton demon world knight; +1 deadly nightmare, +2 samurai spirit
-3 blueblood: +1deadly spirit, +2 Nightmist

also, ruin shade is not that much more expensive than cocytus...but if you have some money to spare, gust jinn is more important than ruin shade
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-12, 12:08

>Encouraging people to use Nightmist

I know you like him, but the G2 space is better filled with Deadly Spirits and Ruin Shades.
Back to top Go down
MonolithAngel

MonolithAngel

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-14, 20:42

Bro, you've got to have some serious balls to be new to Vanguard and start off with one of the hardest clans to master... props to you bro.

For a beginner, Cocytus is probably going to be easier to use. Regardless, here are my suggestions:

Deck 1:
+4 Gust Jinn: If you're playing competitive, please, PLEASE get the Perfect Guards. Dragonic Overlord, The End and MLB are going to be all up in your face if you don't have them, it's in your best interest to get these. If you're playing casually, ignore this part.

+3 Samurai Spirit, +1 Deadly Nightmare: Same as Samurai. It's good.

-3 Romario, -3 Evil Shade: Yeah, they look cool. Keep them in your trade binder so they look neat-o; they're not that great in this particular build.

Grade 2:
+4 Ruin Shade, +1 Three Star Chef, Pietro: Use them. Just do it. You won't regret it, period.

-4 Skeleton Demon World Knight, -3 Commodere Blue Blood: Yeah... take 'em out.

Grade 3:
-1 Cocytus: You only need 3.

+1 Deadly Swordsmaster: 11K emergency ride/defense if you're going to be screwed.

+1 Spirit Exceed: A great Superior Ride tech that also fills up your soul for dancing cutlass and all Soulblast costs.

And I agree with Klaus: Don't use Nightmist. Ever. Period. He looks awesome, but glittery vampires with crappy effects that take up space we want for something else is probably not needed. Your goal with Granblue is to make the Drop Zone a toolbox. Nightmist doesn't help that much, if at all. You're best off not using him unless in casual builds.
Back to top Go down
MonolithAngel

MonolithAngel

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-14, 20:44

^ meant to say "Dragonic Overlord The End," not "Dragonic Overlord, The End." Ahaha Dragonic Overlord itself isn't too much of a problem, but Dragonic Overlord THE END is a major problem.
Back to top Go down
Leonheart

Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-14, 23:23

Yeah, can't argue with your argument about Nightmist, as most pros seems to think it's useless. but TC clearly mentioned budget, so I'd say Nightmist is the best sub if no Ruin Shade. and Nightmist helps enrich your drop zone options, like when you need a grade2 interceptor and you ran out of souls (self defense hehe...)

and plus, 4x GustJinn and 4x RuinShade alone is $60-$70, a bit pricey for beginner like us. I myself have just managed to get 2x ruin shade and 2x gust jinn.
they're so awesome, worth their price!

And yeah, we got balls haha....but honestly, I don't even know the general opinion that Granblue is hard to master when I decided to build it. I just like them artwork!
Back to top Go down
Klaus

Klaus

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-15, 00:13

Granblue was my first clan, did pretty well with them, lol.

But if budget, you still should do PGs. Unless you mean like pauper budget.

Though I'm sitting on a lot of Granblue cards and always looking for people to trade, so if ye ever able I can manage a deal.
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-15, 17:39

Hey guys! :D
Well, I wanna start by answering a few of your comments:
• MonolithAngel – FIRST OF ALL, I DARE HAVE BALLS! D:< (Lol jk :P) Well, the main reason I wanted to play Granblue was because I saw Gouki using it in the anime and I liked it :D. Second of all, granblues remind me of lightsworns and graveyard-oriented decks in yugioh (plant synchros for the win XD). To me, the deck doesn’t seem confusing because they are similar to “decks” that’s I’ve seen and learned around, and because I have looked at each card in the clan a million times XD, so I kinda know how the deck orients. As for the professional or casual play, I’m just making the deck so that I’m not the only person in my grade in my school who doesn’t have a vanguard deck :P(Actually, I think I’m the only one in my grade who knows about vanguard,I am a huge faggot please rape my face). But really casual play. I have a friend who introduced me to vanguard. Really just to play with him (Some other reasons also but don’t really want to go into the details XD). I think that was the end from you.
So I think that was it. So now for the most dramatic part of my post… I screwed the cocytus build :P. Sorry for everyone, but, call me crazy, cocytus was really over my reach on price, something like $9 a piece! :O (ya, with that attitude how am I ever going to get perfect guards? :P). really want to keep this as budget and casual as possible. I tried to make this a deadly exceed rushdown. Also, I added the costs of the single cards to get some knowledge on the total cost (Most prices are based on “Troll and Toad”). (P.S. sorry for all the hard work on the cocytus build :D. I’ve made some of your considerations). I will also give a bit of my card choice.

Granblue deck:
Grade 0: 19
• 1x captain nightkid - $0.25
Good enough starter. Running exceed means you need accurate dropping to superior ride quickly, so no dilly dally with random dropping from guiding zombie. But he’s still ok
• 2x hook-wielding zombie. (critical) - $0.25
• 4x knight spirit (critical) - $0.25
• 4x rough seas banshee (critical) - $0.89
• 2x hades steerman (stand) - $0.25
• 4x rick the ghostie (heal) - $0.25
This is where Leonheart said he liked my lineup, but I think this is what every Granblue player plays. I just go with the flow XD. Only thing I changed was the 2 draws, I think granblues need the draw power, correct me if I’m wrong
• 2x chappie the ghostie - $1.49
Chappies is awesome, just couldn’t find as much space for it. Tell me if there is a space for chappie to rent XD. Mainly dropping exceed, swordmaster if needed
• Grade 0’s : $9.79
Grade 1: 14
• 2x dancing cutlass - $0.35
So much soul, drawing for days XD. After, you know just to sack him for a better booster
• 3x dandy guy, romario - $0.25
One of you guys said to take it out. Without cocytus, deck has trouble hitting high numbers. I think the highest was like 22000 without triggers. So you need the booster
• 4x samurai spirit - $0.25
Staple for spirit exceed superior ride. Just good as well
• 2x evil shade - $0.25
I personally think he’s a good booster, and kinda replaces the cost for ruin shade IN A WAY to me. He is like the best booster I got in this deck
• 3x deadly nightmare - $1.51
Staple IF you want to superior ride swordmaster. Otherwise, descent vanilla
• Grade 1’s : $7.48
Grade 2: 10
• 3x deadly spirit - $1.51
Staple IF you want to superior ride swordmaster. Otherwise, descent vanilla
• 2x three star chef, pietro - $0.25
Tell me if I’m wrong, but this deck uses much counterblast. Good for flipping them damage.
• 3x captain nightmist - $3.29
You guys were saying take out. Bit costly, but my personal preference. Running 3, I think you’re sure to land at least 1 more in the drop zone. And they’re like Gouki says, annoying pirates XD. Intercept, resurrect, that’s how they roll XD.
• 2x commodore blue blood - $1.51
10k grade 2 vanilla. IDK why…
• Grade 2’s : $17.92
• 3x deadly swordmaster - $1.51
11k beater, really really necessary. You need him to call after superior riding exceed to back him up. Superior ride if I need to, after all the soul-making…
• 2x spirit exceed - $2.19
Main “hero”. He’s not the best, only run him to ride grade 3 before opponent, and we all know how important that is…
• 2x king of the demonic seas, basskirk - $5.99
Next ride after exceed. After exceed has done it’s job, you can’t keep him as the vanguard (Weakling T_T). Basskirk is like a fall-back tech card. And if you haven’t been soul blasting, mega blast could come usefull..
• Grade 3’s : $20.89

Total Cost:
• $56.08
[$20.89 + $9.79 + $7.48 + $17.92]

Another thing before I start, I honestly have never actually played vanguard before XD. These are all to my thinkings. Again, if I get anything wrong, PLEASE TELL ME! NOOB NEEDS HELP HERE! A few things that I think of the deck. Primary starting, I’m assuming I’m going first. Ride nightkid for something like deadly nightmare. Next turn, ride deadly spirit. First thing about riding these 2, after you soul blast and “release” the 2, they’re free to soul blast as well. I forgot the rest I was going to say :P. Oya, one thing about the pricing is about deadly nightmare and commodore blue blood. Those 2 were taken off ebay. The only reason was that they $5.99 on Troll and Toad. Call me crazy, but that’s balls… 5.99 for a rare grade ½, while basskirk itself is an RR and is also $5.99. That is kinda weird…
Well everyone, thank you for letting me waste your time! :D A few things for you to look for for me please D:
1. Of course, please comment on puts in and takes outs
2. Second, if you find a better site with better prices, PLEASE TELL ME! :D. But try to give me a site will all the cards at a moderate price… Don’t want to be going all-around with shipping :P. Doubt my card shop will sell ALL this stuff and at a descent price

HAVE A GREAT DAY GUYS! :D lol :P XD
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-15, 17:45

PS Guys
I want to be the kind of player that is good with control. I try to look at hand advantage and field advantage. That's one of the reasons i made the rush-down deck. It pressures your opponent to start making defensive descisions, and it allow you more control with the field (AKA you have the choice of dealing of direct damage first [which is what obviously happens most of the time but can cause a pay-back from your opponent], or removing rearguards [which i might have just helped my opponent for just making space to call a grade 3 :P]).
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-15, 20:20

Leonheart wrote:
and plus, 4x GustJinn and 4x RuinShade alone is $60-$70, a bit pricey for beginner like us. I myself have just managed to get 2x ruin shade and 2x gust jinn.
they're so awesome, worth their price!
You're better off 4x Gust Jinn and replacing Ruin Shade with something else.

thym4n wrote:
PS Guys
I want to be the kind of player that is good with control. I try to look at hand advantage and field advantage. That's one of the reasons i made the rush-down deck. It pressures your opponent to start making defensive descisions, and it allow you more control with the field (AKA you have the choice of dealing of direct damage first [which is what obviously happens most of the time but can cause a pay-back from your opponent], or removing rearguards [which i might have just helped my opponent for just making space to call a grade 3 :P]).
"Control", "Aggro", etc do not really exist in Vanguard. Those were play styles for Magic the Gathering that just happened to fit Yugioh as well. Vamguard would be all aggro all the time if that was the case, and have minor other things. This game is mainly about two things: Damage and Cards. Cards block you from getting Damage. Getting cards increases the turns you have to ruin their cards. Reducing their cards reduces their chance to stop you getting damage. Damage wins the game. Even with a full on retire Kagero deck, you likely get 3-4 retires. It's very very hard to play an archetype that only tangentially exists. Especially Granblue who don't do any of that.
Back to top Go down
The Pirate Guy

The Pirate Guy

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-17, 00:45

Leonheart wrote:
Yeah, can't argue with your argument about Nightmist, as most pros seems to think it's useless. but TC clearly mentioned budget, so I'd say Nightmist is the best sub if no Ruin Shade. and Nightmist helps enrich your drop zone options, like when you need a grade2 interceptor and you ran out of souls (self defense hehe...)

Don't underestimate the wonders that Nightmist can provide. I've been a religious Granblue player since the beginning, and I used to think he was bad, too. But that's mostly because I was new to the game and was using him wrong.

You pretty much have to ignore his +3K ability, since it's kind of a newbie-trap and makes you want to intentionally ride him early, and furthermore, attempt to use Chappie/Nightkid early to try and get another one in the drop zone (I used to do this like a dumbass). And even after all of that work, you only get his +3K for the one turn you sit at grade 2. Just not worth seeking it out. If you happen to ride into him, and somehow happen to get another copy in the drop, then great. But I wouldn't advise trying for it.

In reality, Nightmist is best used for his resurrection ability alone. You use him to get a free intercepter, use him to set up a light-hitting column (16K at best with Romario), or using him as further sacrificial fodder for Undead Dragon if you need to push for the win.

Deadly Spirit can essentially do the same thing, but they both work well together. If you need a unit, but have no spare counterblasts, you can utilize Spirit. If you have no soul, but have a counterblast, use Nightmist. So I would recommend running both. Plus, with enough practice of using both of them in conjunction with one another, it will help you get a better feel for how their mechanic really works and a better understanding of what to Chappie/Nightkid for depending on the game state and your resources at hand.

I currently run 2 copies of Nightmist in my build. He's simply a stepping-stone for the deck, and you should only resurrect him when you need him. Hope this helps, and good luck, mateys.
Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-17, 17:14

[quote="The Pirate Guy"]
In reality, Nightmist is best used for his resurrection ability alone. You use him to get a free intercepter, use him to set up a light-hitting column (16K at best with Romario), or using him as further sacrificial fodder for Undead Dragon if you need to push for the win.

Back to top Go down
thym4n

thym4n

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-17, 17:17

crap messed up the qutoing XD
on that, since this is a budget build, what if i but nightmist in front of an evil shade (because i don't run ruin shade and this is budget ^^). That would put him at 1800 and you might get a lucky mill :D

by the way, i was thinking about this deck on the bus. Then i realized i was missing one essential thing here from the anime; a winning image

(My best attempt)

[nightmist] [basskirk] [pietro]
[evil shade] [romario] [evil shade]

:D what do you think?
I know, it's terrible. Please give me another suggestion! D:
Back to top Go down
The Pirate Guy

The Pirate Guy

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-17, 19:53

One problem with evil shade- his effect can only be used if he's boosting the vanguard. So he will do nothing for a rearguard Nightmist, other than provide a putrid 14K column.

You can still make Nightmist hit a decent number from the rearguard, though. You just have to use a lot of Romarios, or Child Frank (counter blast 1, he gains +1K for the turn) which can at least make 16K- an important number against 11K vanguards.

As for a winning image... That's kind of tough for me to personally say. It will ultimately come down to how your deck looks when it's actually finished. And more importantly, it's something you will kind of have to piece together as you actually play the game (since you said you have never actually played before). The neat thing about Granblue is if you play your game right, and prepare your drop zone ahead of time, you can have an answer to just about anything they throw at you. So for me, it's not as much of having a concrete winning image for the deck, so much as it is having a slightly different winning image depending on the game state. It's kind of hard to explain, and about the best I can say is that you'll just have to play and test and get a full understand of how everything fits together.

If you haven't already, I would highly suggest reading the Granblue article Alice made:
http://vmundi.blogspot.com/2012/07/deep-clan-granblue.html

The Basskirk list on there is very solid, and affordable. I run a variant of the list, myself, and won a qualifier with it. You can substitute the Ruin Shades for Pietros and/or Commodore Bluebloods until you can afford them. You REALLY need Gust Jinn, as I know everyone keeps hounding you about. In the mean time, just fill them with the best Grade 1's you can, and gradually replace them as you get Jinn
s.

Back to top Go down
Leonheart

Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-17, 22:09

Hi Matey! Yeah, I really think Nightmist is not as bad as people made him to be. yeah, he's 8k Grade 2, and I don't like running Romario in my deck. which makes him 15k at most on RG. but the way I look at it is that it provides much more option to constantly attack and ressurecting units and I don't always have to attack Vanguard, I can always use it to atk RG. chances are most RG is 10k G2 or less
Back to top Go down
Leonheart

Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-18, 00:50

Not sure if there's an edit button in this forum, couldn't find it.
With booster, I think for your basskirk build, you'd better aim for lots of romario, don't worry about evil shades. although you shouldn't run romario in any other build except basskirk.
I agree with my pirate matey above, Granblue's winning image depends on what you're up against, and then shape your strategy. example, for cocytus, a great lineup would be
deadly spirit, cocytus, deadly spirit
samurai spirit, evil shade, samurai spirit

your column can hit for 16k (or you can use ruin shade, so there's option for 18k
while column can deal either 21k or 25k depending on what you're attacking.

Last edited by Alice on 2013-04-18, 01:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No emotes)
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-18, 01:25

Don't use the icons outside of the News forum. Read ALL announcements to avoid stuff like that:
https://vmundi.forumotion.com/t580-important-note-about-the-vanguard-emoticons
Back to top Go down
The Pirate Guy

The Pirate Guy

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty2013-04-18, 21:21

Leonheart wrote:
although you shouldn't run romario in any other build except basskirk.

I would have to disagree with that. Romario is pretty versatile in almost any build. Behind any 10K attacker he makes 18, and behind Fencing Master he makes 20K.

Even with Cocytus at limit break, he can make a 23K column, which is a super great number against you-know-whats. Romario's only real downside is that he has no effects. But that's to be expected of the common 8K vanilla.

Also, his name reminds me of George Romero, and I'm even more of a zombie fan than I am a pirate fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck Help - Granblue deck   Deck Help - Granblue deck Empty

Back to top Go down

Deck Help - Granblue deck
Page 1 of 1