Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
raverie

raverie

Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing Empty
PostSubject: Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing   Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing Empty2013-03-12, 21:51

Greetings, humans of Earth

I've just started CFV few months ago and to my dismay I was "given" a Shadow Paladin as my first deck. I didn't buy trial decks as I thought I wanted to be a little different then my compatriots that's been playing CFV way before me.

What I did, I bought 10 booster packs and it was ridiculous. I am a fool

Eventually, my SP deck started to take shape, with only 5 G3s and 2 Dark Dictators. For some reason the "Overlord" and the "cannibal dragon" been eluding me till this very day and I grew tired in the quest searching for them. Making me detest the SP Crossride build for some reason.

As I was searching about Dictators build, I've stumbled upon this place. I must say, it made me laugh when you humans discuss about the nauseating effects of the "Crossride" mechanics and I mildly agree. Probably it's because I didn't get the Crossride . . . or probably the string of fate wanted me to play without it.

Anyways enough chatter, we should get down to business

Quote :

=== Current Build ===

Grade 0 = 1

1x Fullbau

Triggers = 16

4x Heal
4x Draw
8x Crit

Grade 1 = 14

4x Blaster Javelin
4x Witch Arianhod
4x Charon
2x Mac Lir (Perfect Guard)

Grade 2 = 11

1x Blaster Dark
3x Rugos
2x Dordona
2x Nemain
3x Fatalita

Grade 3 = 8

2x Dark Dictator
2x Gusion
2x Dark Metal Dragon
2x Badh Char

I admit the build is a mess and that is why I am seeking assistance from all of you. My tactic using this build is somewhat direct, simple and unstable :

Ride DMD and stall for 4 damage with Gusion as Rear Guard
Ride Dictator Soul Blast and Counterblast 2x on Gusion
Twin Drive Check both triggers (or none) goes to Gusion

With chance there might be 1 Critical trigger that will be added to Gusion and the raw power of Gusion would be around 30k to 41k (with both triggers)

Of course my deck is mainly on the Dark Dictator but it felt somewhat off. With that mindset is there anywhere that I should change ? Apart from 4 Perfect Guards that is because that would've been too obvious.

That is all, you have my gratitude
Back to top Go down
firagadam
firagadam

PostSubject: Re: Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing   Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing Empty2013-03-12, 22:00

Run 4 Dark dictators if you want to make him the center piece, remember, he needs no booster, so its 1 less card you need to worry about.

Use 2 Blaster darks so you can stop crying when he goes to your hand before you ride your javelin, use 2-3 machas since your VG wont use CB.

cut out the Special intercept, its not really needed, though it helps while you dont have 4 PGs.

Also, use 4 Gururubaus, 9k attackers are amazing early game for pushing damage, so you can Use dictator even sooner.

aside from changing your G3 line-up to accomodate 4 Dictators i think that everything, or...you can...like, you know, follow Alice builds on the blog, which are like, the smoothest thing ever to run.
Back to top Go down
raverie

raverie

PostSubject: Re: Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing   Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing Empty2013-03-12, 22:35

Indeed Alice's Dictator build is reasonably stable. I guess I'll just follow that Dictator build for now and will make further experiments later on after I've completed the lineup.

However out of curiosity, how does the Dark Dictator build fare at late game scenario (something beyond turn 9) ?

I haven't tried fighting the "Tier 1s" yet so I couldn't tell for certain. Most of the games I've been ended too quickly.
Back to top Go down
firagadam
firagadam

PostSubject: Re: Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing   Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing Empty2013-03-12, 22:56

After your Gimmick with dictator you are basically playing vanila and hopping to outlast your opponent, i suggest you look into getting Ildonas, because holy shit he is a BEAST late game, letting you out last your opponent and getting rid of SHIT in your hand.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing   Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing Empty2013-03-13, 06:32

>Self-identifying fox and the grapes

Hahaha
Back to top Go down
raverie

raverie

PostSubject: Re: Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing   Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing Empty2013-03-31, 13:00

Alice wrote:
>Self-identifying fox and the grapes

Hahaha

Sorry I . . . can't catch the actual meaning of those words. English ain't my first language, so I have limitations when it comes to proverbs or anything of such sort.

Anyways after several days of card hunting, here's the updated version of my SP deck :

Quote :

Grade 0 = 17

1x Fullbau
4x Heal
4x Draw
8x Crit

Grade 1 = 16

4x Blaster Javelin
2x Arianrhod
3x Gururubau
4x Charon
3x Mac Lir (Perfect Guard)

Grade 2 = 9

2x Blaster Dark
3x Rugos
1x Nemain
3x Macha

Grade 3 = 8

4x Dark Dictator
3x Ildona
1x PBD

This deck was based on Alice's Phantom King build. Even so, I tend to use Ildona as a main Vanguard instead of the Dark Dictator. Most of the time I would increase the size of my hand using Nemain/Ildona.

The only problem I have with this deck is related to Macha. Whenever I called Macha to the field I would have the tendency of using the counterblast for calling one rear guard in order to prepare for the Dark Dictator "Final Turn" moments. Doing such play would cause me to unable to use Ildona's skills and that troubles me. I lost few games due to such misplay.

Of course if I change my deck to the Phantom Queen build it would definitely make Macha a lot more manageable due to the presence of the Cursed Lancers. Sadly I don't have them so I can't make it as an option yet.

Any suggestions on how I should properly deck would be really helpful, Thanks
Back to top Go down
raverie

raverie

PostSubject: Re: Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing   Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing Empty2013-03-31, 13:03

*Any suggestion on how I should properly "play" this deck would be really helpful

Good grief, is there an edit function ? I can't seem to find it
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing   Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing Empty2013-03-31, 14:40

No as I've said before, there is no Edit in the Newbie forum. Only the rest of the board.
Back to top Go down
EclipseOfAshes

EclipseOfAshes

PostSubject: Re: Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing   Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing Empty2013-04-01, 01:29

Depends on what your winning image is.

If it is Early aggression into late game turtle. Play aggressive early and take gururubau to 4. He is by far your best early aggressor being able to hit low power g2 as well as high power g1 with 9k and then move back to boost for a very nice 7k. Also try and get some cursed lancer, it lets you get 1 extra CB2 in late game which can be the difference between winning and loosing. Ildona to 4, he is the turtle king for SP letting you hit hard and them immediately get your shields back. With that in mind remember to leave your field viable to be hit with Ildona. Now that doesn't mean playing a card just to sac, that leaves you with weaker pressure. It does mean to put down units you can replace and still get some use out of, this way you don't leave yourself with either a dead hand or a dead field. This will take plenty of practice as experience is the best way for you to know who to sac and when for the best advantage.

If it is full-on aggression. I am not as experienced in this form of SP so I am just going on what I "think" "might" work, so I highly recommend testing it a lot and making your own decision. Again gururubou to 4 he is simply too good. Next I'd test out dark metal for an alternative vanguard instead of Ildona. With a 7k booster he always hits 3 stages on any 11k vanguard. Remember both Dark Metal and Dictator are 10k vanilla on RG so it is depend on who you are fighting that should determine who you use. If its a 10k use dictator asap. To get some early dmg protect your front row and drop Dictator turn 3, if you wnt first you should get off 2-4 damage on that single turn depending on triggers checked and how dedicated your opponent is to the field. After that kept swinging hard with 20k for 3 stages to keep the preasure on. Gururubau helps with this, after you run out of g2 and g3 move him up and put a booster behind him to keep swinging hard. If its an 11k, use dark metal for 3 stages. Sadly he doesn't get to buff your whole front row but the extra k for that 3rd stage will pay itself off. With that said you really want arianrhod to be behind your vanguard over any other g1. She is a 7 k for dark metal and it isn't dead behind dictator liek all toher g1 as she lets you cycle G3 for shields or can put you in phase for triggers.

Beyond that just test them out and see what you like best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing   Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing Empty

Back to top Go down

Humans, I need help on Deck Balancing
Page 1 of 1