Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

6 Soul Beatdown-Budget RP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Some Gamer Dude

Some Gamer Dude

6 Soul Beatdown-Budget RP Empty
PostSubject: 6 Soul Beatdown-Budget RP   6 Soul Beatdown-Budget RP Empty2012-08-21, 21:55

So, with my BST03 boxes and packets, I ended up with 3 Palamedes, didn't want to waste them, couldn't trade them, RP is dead here, so I thought I'd make a deck, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money, *cue Family Guy 6 Million Dollar Man sketch*, mostly work with what I had and get cheap cards, nothing over 10. So here I am, avoiding Royal Paladin's swarm for straight beatdown.

Grade 0-17
1x Drangal
4x Margal
4x Flogal
4x Alabaster Owl
4x Elaine

Grade 1-13
3x Toypugal
4x Borgal
4x Galahad
2x Maron

Grade 2-12
4x Gordon
4x Dozer
4x Galahad

Grade 3-8
3x Galahad
3x Palamedes
2x Lohengrin

Triggers-
Fairly standard, Margal for soul and I just like Flogal.

G1-
Aiming for the 9k boosters, Marron is just filler. Half of me is wondering if I should dump Marron and 1 Borgal for the Lake Maiden to draw. Although, Miru Biru may be better, I don't have any 8k, only 1 7k and I don't think I can miss that opportunity to attack. So any input would be appreciated here, Miru Biru or Lake Maiden Lein.

G2-
Self explanatory, Gordon is here because I have no PG. Dozer because he becomes 11k and can help if I miss Galahad. I will be running as quickly as possible to Galahad/Lohengrin, but Dozer will be 8k until then/I can reach 6 Soul, so I wonder if Gallatin/Lamorak may be a better, but they can't reach 20k with a booster like Dozer can.

G3-
Lohengin helps me to 6 if I miss Galahad, plus 10/12k isn't bad at all. Galahad is the only CB, so his effect doesn't bother me, optimal attack is 23k, attack pattern at rvr or rrv so that they get hit by it or I can walk into a stand trigger for rg. I only run 3 so that if I miss a ride, the detriment isn't bogging down my deck.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: 6 Soul Beatdown-Budget RP   6 Soul Beatdown-Budget RP Empty2012-08-21, 22:51

Welp. In a few minutes you'll see my RP update :V
Back to top Go down
Some Gamer Dude

Some Gamer Dude

PostSubject: Re: 6 Soul Beatdown-Budget RP   6 Soul Beatdown-Budget RP Empty2012-08-22, 08:28

I saw it, I really like reading your articles.

I like your ideas of Akane and 3 Lohengrin in particular, however, the cycler over Marron still interests me, and I think it should be Lake Maiden.

You can probably answer this, with the galahad abilities, mulligan, drive checks and a cycler, how much would that increase the chances for hitting Galahad 1-3? Or do think the cyclers, both, are not worth the draw backs and falling back on Lohengrin is a better use of resources than cycling for more chances at Galahad?

I like Akane, But with my lineup and not using PG, I kind of have 7 Borgal. I might try for another Toypugal, dump marron and add a third lohengrin.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: 6 Soul Beatdown-Budget RP   6 Soul Beatdown-Budget RP Empty2012-08-22, 08:52

Lohengrin is better use of resources and the cycler is a waste of boosting power considering she's better behind Alfred :V
Back to top Go down
Some Gamer Dude

Some Gamer Dude

PostSubject: Re: 6 Soul Beatdown-Budget RP   6 Soul Beatdown-Budget RP Empty2012-08-30, 19:26

So I got to do a lot of play testing yesterday, my results were interesting to say the least. I first tried 3 Palamedes, 4 Galahad G3, just to see for myself, which obviously didn't work. Galahad 3 is a rarity. 1 and 2 are quite easy, actually, so Galahad 3 ended up being an 11k Rear Guard.

I ended up changing to:

Grade 2-11
4x Gordon
3x Dozer
4x Galahad

Grade 3-9
3x Galahad
3x Palamedes
3x Lohengrin

As you would know, this would work very easily. However, Dozer was freaking useless, I mean, by the time it was 11K, I had a Palamedes or Galahad in hand, so it's not really good. Actually, I always had 2 G3 very early.

Now, I took on what you said and tried Akane, via proxie. I had to significantly alter my playstyle, for no noticable benefit. I see why you said it, but I found I got my boosters really easily. On the topic of shuffling, I didn't really find I needed it. I essentially cut 12-15 cards from the top of my deck to the bottom, yeah, I cringed at times, but unless I made a really stupid mistake (Forgetting Gordon IS RIGHT THERE TO SAVE ME DAMNIT!), I did fairly well. I would recommend playtesting a 10K vanilla or Palamedes G2.

Now, onto Borgal. I don't think you should run 4 in your Grail Galahad deck It's far too slow, getting to 6 soul on turn 5 most games, Lohengrin+Margal. I found Toypugal was much better. Toypugal was consistantly 9k by Turn 3. I strongly recommend you dump 1 Borgal and both Marrons for 3 Toypugal in that deck. It did wonders for me. I want to run 4 Galahad, 3 Toypugal, 3 Borgal and 3 Iseult myself.

So my deck is looking like this now:

Grade 0-17
1x Drangal
4x Margal
4x Flogal
4x Alabaster Owl
4x Elaine

Grade 1-13
3x Toypugal
4x Borgal
4x Galahad
2x Maron