HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 11:37

Holy shit. I love this card. Late game only Mandala Lord with twice the return. I would love a deck maxing out both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lockon Stratos

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 12:45

Screw Mandala Lord, this basically gives him the Death Army treatment. He's being replaced by someone who does his job better at a more crucial time. This and Tamamo ALL the way. Your VG is either a Pseudo Sentinel waiting to happen, or you're rushing with beater calls. Okay, actually I wouldn't run her either personally, for the same reason I wouldn't run Mandala Lord. Why waste my CB on these when I need those to rush with? I mean, I realize that they're 11k and turn their extra copies of themselves into either one or two triggers defensively speaking, but why do that when I could rush more for about the same cost, and possibly, win the game?

Also, Cyprus, no it's only 3 Pseudo Sentinels and 3 pseudo G0s depending on which you're using. And they both cost CB that I would normally be saving for Shadow Clones, so yeah, I am disappointed, cause I was hoping for a more Rush effect, not more turtle. ARGH! Give me the unboosted 12k G3 variant already.

I'm not missing something with Mandala, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CyprusWHM

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 13:00

Sorry, should have phrased what I said better. That card's persona blast is basically 3 extra perfect guards (on top of the 4 you should already have). Calling it pseudo-sentinel kind of undervalues it, as its not exactly easy to swing for 31k+.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 13:10

Uhh pseudo-sentinel, Lockon? That's just a keyword that cards get to limit the total number of them to 4. It doesn't mean Perfect Guard if that's what you're thinking. They could print a Sentinel tomorrow that's on a better clone of Guard Gryphon or something.

But you're talking about apples and oranges anyway. Cards you don't like can still have a build to themselves. Usually it's the other cards that seem "bad" because those cards are simply irrelevant for the commonly thought of builds. Mandala and Shirayuki would do well together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lockon Stratos

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 13:23

Eh, it's something they officially have in common, and it's more accurate than "Null Guard" and I personally like the word sentinel irregardless. Aaanyway, I still don't like them. Doesn't mean they're useless, but if I'm going to base my deck around Persona Blasts, I dunno, I'd like a Persona that's a little more pushing for victory or something. You can't win if you don't attack effectively, and these guys hamstring themselves in that regard, I do believe. Eh, it's probably my hatred of Stall decks, a holdover from my Yugioh days, that makes me hate them. Nothing more than personal prejudice... I don't even know if I should dignify my own foolhardiness with such a word, also not even sure if rightly applies here.... ENOUGH WITH RAMBLING YOU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 14:19

And Sentinel isn't the official term for them. It's Perfect Guard. Always use the official term on V-Mundi. Once Bushiroad picks a term for Retreating vanguards instead of us having Pioneer/Harbinger/Herald all being debated, I'll switch over. Just like I did today when we all realized "Leader" was translated wrong and it's actually "Lord".

Irregardless is not a word :P

But back on topic of BT09. Yeah I'm not sure why there's a bug up your ass about these guys. They turn your G3s into 10k or 20k shields. Most people get off 1-2 Mandala and it stands to reason you'd get off at least 1 of Shirayuki. Meaning very likely 40k extra shielding you did not have before. And the remaining inappropriate personas (don't have it currently ridden) go to Perfects. Just offhand it sounds extremely tanky. There's no "stall" in vanguard. That implies that you're stopping everything. Both players from attacking. But what this does is guard more attacks while keeping the number of your own attacks constant. And with Murakumo's mechanic, Leaf Racoon would make you likely hit 3 stages with them on your turn while still guarding on their turn. I don't see a problem here. Par offense, high defense, and evasion shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 14:34

It's cool to see such, but I'm kind of disappointed it didn't do something else. Always enjoy seeing a new ability to work with, not just a retooled one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lockon Stratos

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 14:50

Eh, you and your logic can go proselytize somewhere else. I didn't say they WERE stall, I'm just reminded too much for me to like them. It's an illogicality of mine and I'm okay with that, as I don't really care enough to change. And, all right, your forum your rules, back to Perfect Guard till further notice.

And yes, the fact that it's JUST a ramped up version of Mandala Lord is dissapointing. If you're going to give me a turtle at least make it a cool one, this is a boring revamp of an older unit. Make it so I can boost my stats for the opponents turn or something. Don't just give me more of the same old guitar, same old strum.... CURSE YOU BLAKE SHELTON!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 15:06

Lockon Stratos wrote:
Eh, you and your logic can go proselytize somewhere else.
And you can go fuck yourself. I'm not using bullshit rhetoric or backwards religion to convince anyone of anything. I use reason and evidence. You can't even know how both wrong and offending that is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lockon Stratos

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 15:13

Eh, okay, you're right I can't. That was meant as a joke. Nothing more. I SERIOUSLY did not expect that reaction. Ugh, I'm just in stick foot in mouth mode recently.

And, um, no, I can't do that, physically impossible don't you know? AND EVEN IF IT IS POSSIBLE, I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW, OKAY? Please, for the sake of what little sanity I have. Just, don't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epideme

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 17:08

And, um, no, I can't do that, physically impossible don't you know? AND EVEN IF IT IS POSSIBLE, I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW, OKAY? Please, for the sake of what little sanity I have. Just, don't.[/quote]

Why do you say these things every time you post. You just sound like a dickhead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mizuki

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 17:10

You're all fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HugeMcLargeTall

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 17:23

Mizuki beat me to it, but then id say that to everyone cuz im an asshat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lockon Stratos

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 17:29

Foot in mouth syndrome. It sounds a LOT less dickish in my head, and more funnily rolling with the punches there too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 19:26

Ironically the thread became less horrible when it was derailed by fighting and retardism than when it was about this awful heartbreaking Set.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zawarudo

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 19:31

So I was playing my friend's MLB and my field was like, Burning Horn, The End, Overlord, and 3 Bahrs. He drops Exculpate and I'm like LOL NO and drop 3 perfect guards to save 3 of my Bahrs.

Then I'm like lol 9k vanguard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tryston

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 19:37

zawarudo wrote:
So I was playing my friend's MLB and my field was like, Burning Horn, The End, Overlord, and 3 Bahrs. He drops Exculpate and I'm like LOL NO and drop 3 perfect guards to save 3 of my Bahrs.

Then I'm like lol 9k vanguard.
I swear, we are going to here this so much in the future. :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zawarudo

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 19:41

Why this :/ face? It should be this :> face. Vanguard is fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
newbishop

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 19:48

Well, as fucking annoying as the Gold Paladin support is, there are amazing cards that I can't wait for... Fire Juggler will make the Sarah build strike fear in the community, I just imagine Trapezist in soul, and when the G3 is checked, boom, a full column ready to attack once again, with the threat of getting in another 5th attack with Alice... or just going for game with Invader... now I just want my Jills from EB01...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tryston

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 19:53

zawarudo wrote:
Why this :/ face? It should be this :> face. Vanguard is fun!
I just wanna see more Granblues. its always GP,RP,Kagero and Narukami's(even though they suck). I just want to see if other clans could get some love.
Hopefully that would change in set 11.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tryston

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 19:58

newbishop wrote:
Well, as fucking annoying as the Gold Paladin support is, there are amazing cards that I can't wait for... Fire Juggler will make the Sarah build strike fear in the community, I just imagine Trapezist in soul, and when the G3 is checked, boom, a full column ready to attack once again, with the threat of getting in another 5th attack with Alice... or just going for game with Invader... now I just want my Jills from EB01...
I'm most definitely waiting for the pale moon's to murder, even though they pretty much do already. I'm loving the their nightkid-ish vanguard and I might run them just because I love that effect so much. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zawarudo

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 19:59

You know what I imagine?

I imagine a world, where everyone had a Blonde Ezel in their soul. A world where we could all counterblast 3 and give our pals +5000. A world where everyone would stand equally at 13000.

I imagine a world where people of different age, race and culture will come together, and no one would attack each other not because they didn't want to, but because they couldn't.

I imagine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
newbishop

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 20:10

It's just... Sarah builds are already so threatening, Fire Juggler just makes it a stand-spam fest which is only paralleled by Novas Asura, and even then Pale Moon can be so much threatening due to the constant pressure of yet another attack if they let Alice hit, and the fact that there is more flexibility in the soul swapping, I run a Robert deck, and while not the most powerful thing, it's consistent, and I was actually considering selling my spare Sarah, until I saw what was coming. And yeah, the Nightkid clone also screams Sarah support, I wasn't particularly fond of the idea of Girl who Crossed the Gap in that build since it mostly only provided the plus in the form of a 5k booster, unlike in other builds which actually soulcharge a bit more, the new one helps set up better (Purple Trapezist, Alice or Jumping Glenn anyone?) As soon as we get Jill, I can happily say that Crimson is no longer as needed, since the one thing my current Robert build annoy with me is how subpar they can run if you don't get Crimson in soul in time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-27, 21:02

zawarudo wrote:
You know what I imagine?

I imagine a world, where everyone had a Blonde Ezel in their soul. A world where we could all counterblast 3 and give our pals +5000. A world where everyone would stand equally at 13000.

I imagine a world where people of different age, race and culture will come together, and no one would attack each other not because they didn't want to, but because they couldn't.

I imagine.

Imeeji shiro.

Yeah. Bushiroad is trying to teach us all not to be violent by creating crossrides. Don't you guys see? You have to pull your punches to 1 stage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

avatar


PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   2012-11-30, 10:18

Peace simply means having a bigger stick. And crossrides are the biggest sticks of dem all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons   

Back to top Go down
 
BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi :: Cardfight!! Vanguard :: News-
Jump to: