Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hybrid Deck Ideas

Go down 
+19
NinjaSonic
Starphoenix
LittleFighterFox
Shadowbane
Tryston
LiighTning
Donkay
WingZero
gettineggywithit
3XXXDDD
Nysonin609
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
ShinkenRed
Chestnut_Rice
alexander.stone88
Dragon∞Blade
Alice
Traesive
doomboykhoi
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
doomboykhoi

doomboykhoi

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-13, 22:18

Even though hybrid decks are not so powerful, I want to see if there can be a creative way to make a hybrid deck somewhat competitive.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-13, 22:28

At a tournament yesterday, I was against a OTT / Pale Moon mix.
Tsukuyomi + Amaterasu. Turquoise + Crimson Beast Tamer and a Pale Moon draw trigger. Forgot which.
It was a bit odd. I'm not sure why he had the Beast Tamers, since he ran Milk. His grade 2s were Tsuku, Tom and Wiseman, so I don't see what that extra 1k accomplished.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-13, 23:02

Try making a DI deck with a 4 different megablasts
Back to top Go down
Dragon∞Blade

Dragon∞Blade

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-14, 00:03

Stamp Sea Otter does nice things, so I hear...
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-14, 01:18

what does that have to do with hybrids...
Back to top Go down
alexander.stone88

alexander.stone88

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-14, 01:47

I remember back when I first started playing, just for fun, I wanted to build a vanilla beat deck.most impossibly straight forward deck possible.just random vanillas from different tribes and crit triggers. such a bad idea, yet I still wanna run it.no expectations to win.just fun hitting things
Back to top Go down
Chestnut_Rice

Chestnut_Rice

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-14, 04:03

Yea, I'd think that the only good way to have a hybrid deck would be to just shove it full of vanillas... All the effects on most cards include some thing like "if you have a clan X Vanguard, then you may..." so idk. Maybe if you splash a couple non-clan specific effect cards, that would be really cool. But in terms of a 50/50, I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-14, 04:51

In the early days of J-meta (around BT01-02), some people used to play Mr Invincible with Dragonic Overlord as sidekick. The main idea is to spam DO's counterblast to kill units and Invincible helps to unflip. They also might include Blazing Flare into the deck if they want to burn more units with those excessive soul. Hope this helps?
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-14, 05:34

NUBATAMA D-POLICE

Just like my friend Pedro did!

For Lulz
Back to top Go down
Dragon∞Blade

Dragon∞Blade

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-14, 05:36

Alice wrote:

I need to go find it again, but I saw this one deck that used it in Tachikaze (actually, I'm not even sure how valid that kind of strategy is, but...)
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-14, 06:51

Dragon∞Blade wrote:
Alice wrote:

I need to go find it again, but I saw this one deck that used it in Tachikaze (actually, I'm not even sure how valid that kind of strategy is, but...)
Doesn't work. Even if you have a GN vanguard and your TK rearguard has some useful skill for retiring NON-TK rear-guards, then you still can't make it work. Tachikaze retiring happens as part of the cost, not the effect. Stamp otter only works if it's the effect. Heck, he still wouldn't work if he didn't specify "effects" since the retiring has to actually occur for the cost to be considered paid.
Back to top Go down
Nysonin609

Nysonin609

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-14, 07:49

Bermuda Triangle+Tsuk Chain?
Pacifica could always push up the stack, or even make her own.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-14, 07:49

Alice wrote:
Dragon∞Blade wrote:
Alice wrote:

Doesn't work. Even if you have a GN vanguard and your TK rearguard has some useful skill for retiring NON-TK rear-guards, then you still can't make it work. Tachikaze retiring happens as part of the cost, not the effect. Stamp otter only works if it's the effect. Heck, he still wouldn't work if he didn't specify "effects" since the retiring has to actually occur for the cost to be considered paid.
Wait! How about Compass Lion?Does this also mean you have to retire that cutey otter "to pay the cost" for letting this kitty straying around your field at the end of every turn. Sorry maybe it's just me, but it's getting more confusing for me now.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-14, 08:19

No. Compass lion's skill is not a cost. It's not in [these kinds of brackets], therefore is not required for his skill to process. It's an effect and Stamp Sea Otter specifically states that it is not retired by effects. The same ruling that applies to Amon applies to Compass Lion. If you select stamp otter for an effect that would retire it, it does not and the effect ends (it doesn't infinitely loop or make you change targets until something retires).

Nysonin609 wrote:
Bermuda Triangle+Tsuk Chain?
Pacifica could always push up the stack, or even make her own.
Interesting idea. Dunno if that would work since so many units you have will need an OTT vanguard. Blue eye, red eye, and tom among them.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-14, 08:36

I keep trying to shove in Tamers and Night Sky Dancer into Basskirk to help Granblue reach stage 3 consistently without burning through with redundant dragon.

It just ended up as a crappy version of Tamers with a teched basskirk because there was like no room for any non-vanilla Granblue Units.

Also, anything that uses counterblast + Shamsiel/Love Machine Gun/Battle Cupid Nociel OR Mr. Invincible/Hungry Dumpty/Claydoll Mechanic.
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-14, 09:45

I still don't think that Otter will be retired if selected to be "paid for the cost" due to TK retiring.
Hybrid Deck Ideas Cannon10
Hybrid Deck Ideas Deathr10
First of all, I cannot find the brackets where it states about the costs in these mixable TK cards. I only see effects. Card effects. Yeah, they are card effects which are more like forcing you to do something when in a certain scenario. For example, we know that Deathrex's second skill is that when it is the Vanguard and its attack hits, we will have to choose one of our units to retire it.
And about Stamp Sea Otter, it still cannot be retired even when you retire it to pay for your cost. The end result will simply be nothing will happen if you attempt to tribute it! It is because paying cost is considered part of an effect so Otter's skill will respond to any retiring skill. Here's the site for this ruling:
http://bushiroad.fm/post/en/1414/Apt+and+Stamp+Sea+Otter+combo+clarification.html
Back to top Go down
gettineggywithit

gettineggywithit

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-14, 16:20

@ShinkenRed

Either way, Otter needs a Great Nature VG to be invincible. So if you have to retire something for the effect of Deathrex, Otter is simply a 6k booster with no effect.

It can work with Cannon Gear, though.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-14, 16:32

hmm, Great Nature and Tachikaze would be interesting.

For awhile I ran Angel Feather with Gold Paladins(Dont hate me ;-;)

It was basically Ergodiel ride chain with Gold Paladin Vanilla Beatdown and such. Also Allowed me to run 16 crits >:) Shh, I was just getting into Vanguard, it seemed really good at the time.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-14, 21:28

@ShinkenRed: Read Otter again. You can't use it with Deathrex and you can only use it with Cannon Gear if you have a GN Vanguard when he comes out. That's far too situational to be worth it. Maybe putting 1-2 Cannon Gears in GN could work, but not otter in a TK deck. Plus it doesn't help TOO much since you can only have one 21k column by combining an 11k with an otter. Either your VG or other RG must dope the otter, meaning the other RG can't be 21k, so it doesn't do a whole lot to extend the virtual number of copies of Compass Lion.

And you're wrong. It WILL retire if paid for as a cost. Costs are NOT effects. Cards like Raptor Colonel say choose and retire TK rear-guards anyway for their costs. So it wouldn't work even if those TK cards were usable on the RG and even if otter could be used to pay costs. Basically I'm telling you to RTFC.

And I've left a comment for Bushiroad to answer there, explaining that Apt is a cost. I think the rep didn't think about it properly when he/she answered.
Back to top Go down
Donkay

Donkay

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-15, 17:47

Megacolony/Nova Groppler Build! :D

^ used to play to piss people off cause I bound something with Lady Bomb/Karma Queen/Hell Spider every turn
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-15, 18:33

Donkay wrote:

^ used to play to piss people off cause I bound something with Lady Bomb/Karma Queen/Hell Spider every turn
I'm playing that right now. It's cheat.
Back to top Go down
LiighTning

LiighTning

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-22, 20:40

Donkay wrote:

That creates a lot of problems for a lot of decks o.o
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-22, 21:25

Donkay wrote:

This just sounds scary...
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-22, 22:05

Its funny you mention that, I was just thinking about a deck thats Megacolony/Spike Bros. Basically it revolves around Units like Hell Spider and other Megacolony units while adding in the odd Brakki and Express.
Back to top Go down
Shadowbane

Shadowbane

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty2013-01-24, 00:53

That doesn't work nearly as well as NG/MC, mainly cause the MC cards can really abuse the NG's ability to repeatedly unflip damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Deck Ideas   Hybrid Deck Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Hybrid Deck Ideas
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next