Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lets Talk: Local

Go down 
+13
mastermune
Jabberwock
Scruffy420
DragonāˆžBlade
Kaji Motomiya
junri
3XXXDDD
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
HugeMcLargeTall
VesperGhoul
Wingtips
Alice
Raulm3
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Raulm3

Raulm3

Lets Talk: Local Empty
PostSubject: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-07, 19:25

Sooooo, I know most if not all of us have filled out the about me, and one of the questions asks where you card fight. I'd like to expand on that. I cardfight at school with a few friends, but also at a little card shop in chicago called Bridgeport cards and comics. Its not that big a vanguard community but its a healthy community, the people are friendly and supportive. The best cardfighter there is probably a guy named sean, who runs DI Reijy. The clans are spread fairly equally, and it's a very inviting and fun atmosphere. So what about you guys, where do you guys fight, how are the other fighters, is it causal or competitive? Lets talk Local.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 01:11

My locals are this forum. We have Skype tournaments and casual matches :3
This is definitely the best locals. Though my physical locals moved after a fire and I haven't been to them since. They were already pretty far, and now they would be farther. Doesn't help that I have no way to get there.
Back to top Go down
Wingtips

Wingtips

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 02:13

Oh man...a fire in a card shop. If I owned that place I would cry.

As for me, I play in New York City. I was originally going to a store in Chinatown called Nebulous but more recently I have found a very good location on 31st and Lexington called Mage Gaming. The place is only open Thursday-Sunday but thats perfect for people like me who have school to worry about most of the week. THe place is full of players with a variety of decks (albeit its kinda been packed with The End and MLB ever since BT05 came out but that is to be expected).

Nebulous is more of a casual atmosphere while the guys over at Mage are a mix of both casual and competitive. Players level of skill ranges vary,case and point today I won against a Vermillion deck and The End deck with Alice's (should be patented) The Greatest Show on Earth Pale Moon deck :3. I think it was a milestone for me hahaha.
Back to top Go down
VesperGhoul

VesperGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 03:39

@ Alice - Ouch that sucks. :/

My locals aren't that big 8-12 ppl, however we all know each other for the most part. Decks range from Pale Moon to Great Nature, to MLB to DOTE to Dimension Police.
Back to top Go down
HugeMcLargeTall

HugeMcLargeTall

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 03:50

no one plays with me cuz im big fuzzy and i have trouble not flipping tables win or lose i flip that shit
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 05:47

1 MLB users, 2 PBO users (one of which does have a DOTE deck but prefers Shadows), 1 Soulless OTT user. The rest have poor man's decks.

And I'm just here clutching my Stern Deck, biding my time for Dimension Police.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 08:04

HugeMcLargeTall wrote:
no one plays with me cuz im big fuzzy and i have trouble not flipping tables win or lose i flip that shit
Francis?
Back to top Go down
Raulm3

Raulm3

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 10:03

So at my locals quite a few people crossride, but personally Its never been an issue for me as an opponent. I get that they're 13k defenders that's never been a problem for me, quite frankly I don't even think most cross ride units are all that good, I just don't get the hype around cross rides, even though most people at my local go nuts for them. o.O
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 10:07

Soon, soon you will.

My locals closed down a month after they got Vanguard in. :(
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 10:58

"I don't understand" does not mean "It's not a problem"
Back to top Go down
Raulm3

Raulm3

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 11:25

I'm confused as to who your regarding with your last reply alice.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 14:17

Basically, just because you don't find crossrides at your locals a problem does not mean that crossrides are not a problem everywhere else.

Either the crossriders are shit or they've done a Brandon Smith and designed it in the crappest way possible.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 14:19

>"doing a Brandon Smith" is now a saying
Back to top Go down
HugeMcLargeTall

HugeMcLargeTall

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 14:41

Alice wrote:
HugeMcLargeTall wrote:
Francis?

haha love boogie, but no and i am less then half his fatness but 2 feet taller then him haha
Back to top Go down
junri

junri

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 15:01

I'm glad I live in the city because there are like 8 different stores I can go to within a 30 minutes commute of where I live. Most with at least 16 players playing when I go to the Shop Tournaments. It's very easy for me to find cards I want as well without having to resort to online transactions.

The store I mostly go to, I can finally conclude that they are a bunch of idiots. When I approached someone about how they wanted to build the deck (whether to include draws or more critical triggers), the moment I brought in chance and probability into the conversation, everyone around me said, probability doesn't matter, it's all sack. And my jaw just dropped. Especially considering the fact that they count their triggers during play and the cards in their deck and they are saying probability doesn't matter confounds me.

The people who said that were, guess what, all cross-ride players. The only cross-ride players in our local. They are also winning because of their decks, not because they are good players.

It really is frustrating playing the cross-ride format when you aren't playing cross-ride. It's definitely a prisoner's dilemma here. I don't want to play cross-rides, but if I want to win I have to. It sucks.
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 15:05

Wingtips wrote:
Oh man...a fire in a card shop. If I owned that place I would cry.

As for me, I play in New York City. I was originally going to a store in Chinatown called Nebulous but more recently I have found a very good location on 31st and Lexington called Mage Gaming. The place is only open Thursday-Sunday but thats perfect for people like me who have school to worry about most of the week. THe place is full of players with a variety of decks (albeit its kinda been packed with The End and MLB ever since BT05 came out but that is to be expected).

Nebulous is more of a casual atmosphere while the guys over at Mage are a mix of both casual and competitive. Players level of skill ranges vary,case and point today I won against a Vermillion deck and The End deck with Alice's (should be patented) The Greatest Show on Earth Pale Moon deck :3. I think it was a milestone for me hahaha.

Oh look, another reason why for me to not come back.
Back to top Go down
DragonāˆžBlade

DragonāˆžBlade

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 15:17

Let's see, back in the CA bay area, I go to 3 different "locals" none of which are actually in Oakland where I live.

C&J Collectibles has a good crowd on the Vanguard tournament days (Saturdays), like maybe 30 people in tournament (plus about 30 for yugioh making a huge crowd). They carry bushiroad sleeves too. Packs are $2.75, boxes are online retail +$5. Tournament entry is $5.

Bamm's Collectibles has tournaments on Sunday, about 10-20 people go for non box tournaments and about 30 for box tournaments. The store team has been trying to recruit me lately. $3 packs.

D20 Games is the closest place to Oakland (less than 5 miles) and the owner is really awesome and loves to see people have fun (he's considering having crossride-free tournaments). They have small vanguard tournaments on Sundays and the prizes are distributed in a way where more people get something small rather than 1 person getting something big. He does discounts on sleeves and packs if you buy a bit more at a time. He'll throw in a pack if you buy a trial deck too. The packs themselves are $4 though. Tournament entry fee is to buy a pack. Great place, and really nice atmosphere. He does swiss 2 out of 3 rounds instead of single round double elimination.

And there's a place in Davis where I go to college that has a few cardfighters but no tournaments for CFV.
Back to top Go down
Raulm3

Raulm3

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-03-08, 22:23

speaking of college, Im a senior In highschool and am planning on still cardfIghting after highschool. anyone off chance live In the Illinois state/ michigan tech area?
Back to top Go down
Scruffy420

Scruffy420

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-04-11, 22:37

If you play in Washington state let me know! I'd love to play against anyone!
Back to top Go down
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-04-11, 22:43

Wingtip, you really beat The End with pale moon? How? Please give the step by step turn!
Back to top Go down
mastermune

mastermune

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-04-12, 01:25

I live in a small island so locals is another town which takes like half an hour to get to, outside of that a few friends here in college. Unfortunately the closest shops kinda abandoned vanguard (PR is ruled by king Yugioh, viceroy Magic, baron pokemon) I can say that while friendly there are some people who do need to read up the rules more, and cardshop owners gotta do something to promote the game since they lose interest if they themselves don't play it.

I can also say that there is a strange popularity for Majesty Lord Blaster here, I have yet to see a single Dragonic Overlord, The End deck in the area, and when I see MLB I swear they could be run better.Quite a few people I have seen don't believe in 4 Perfect guards and that is what comes to mind about my locals at this moment.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-04-29, 00:15

Scruffy420 wrote:

I don't really "play" since I'm dealing with two Hybrid decks, neither of which are good by any standard making my only opponent me...but I live in Kent, WA. Though it'll be awhile before I'm willing to go against anyone in real life since I still need to get one viable single-clan deck (preferable Oracles) and I still consider my library a little thin.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-04-29, 03:29

Oh just fight him, pussy. I'd fight someone even with a trial deck
Back to top Go down
Scruffy420

Scruffy420

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-04-29, 05:53

Omnigeek wrote:
Scruffy420 wrote:

I don't really "play" since I'm dealing with two Hybrid decks, neither of which are good by any standard making my only opponent me...but I live in Kent, WA. Though it'll be awhile before I'm willing to go against anyone in real life since I still need to get one viable single-clan deck (preferable Oracles) and I still consider my library a little thin.

Hit up Shane's Big League in Renton when you feel like you want to play. I guess I'll be waiting for you. I'm still new so it'll be fun.
Back to top Go down
GrumpyOwl

GrumpyOwl

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty2013-04-29, 08:51

Personally, my local shop is half an hour away so whenever I want to play, I'm usually just playing my friends. Being a busy college student means that often times, the hour round trip is somewhat unrealistic for a game or two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets Talk: Local   Lets Talk: Local Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets Talk: Local
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next