Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?

Go down 
+38
chromereaper
Noy620
Some Gamer Dude
Rider Kick
ShinkenRed
LiighTning
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
taesyeon
gettineggywithit
bucketcat
DragonāˆžBlade
ZanderSteel_91
Nihckeuq
Lockon Stratos
Gelatin
smellmybox
DJ_Rapster
Smittons
Omnigeek
Traesive
Kyril
Kirosnefakman
luis
WingZero
Oflari
Klaus
Mizuki
3XXXDDD
ScarletWeather
Mongoose
Night_Live
HugeMcLargeTall
newbishop
Epideme
AstoXx
zawarudo
Alice
Vendetta98
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mizuki

Mizuki

Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2012-12-29, 17:59

hay guise. play this deck.

Conroe
12 stand triggers
4 heal triggers

4 bahr
4 barri
3 heatnail
2 aermo
1 10k booster

4 vanilla
4 berserk dragon
2 tejas

4 goku
3 overlord
2 12k attacker

goal is to wreck their field. goku is main ride. use overlord ability on RG. stand trigger will continue its restand effect just as an fyi. if they block the first attack and you get a trigger, rape fais.
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2012-12-29, 18:01

^I actually tried that once. It was pretty damn funny and entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Gelatin

Gelatin

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-02, 02:04

Kind of want to play with that GN Grade 4 for shits 'n giggles. Currently playing Alice's Leopald build because I'm a netdecking faggot but what should I replace just to play with Sylvest? How many should I play if at all?

Is it not even worth throwing in for casual play?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-02, 03:08

>Implying netdecking makes you a faggot
Whatever works, works. Creativity is not part of winning the game. The only thing wrong with netdecking is when you copy a winner, and just because you fallaciously believe winning makes the deck automatically good. And if you copy it without knowing how the hell it works or why it is successful.

Soldiers on a battlefield don't engineer new swords or guns or armor for themselves before they fight.
Back to top Go down
Gelatin

Gelatin

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-02, 03:15

I've been around competitive games long enough to know that I have to understand what it is I'm using if I'm going to netdeck. Just covering my ass because I wasn't sure how it was perceived here.

But yeah, Silvest in Leopald/GNs in general (until February)? Yes? No? Attacking for 3 Stages without a booster (assuming your rear guards weren't shot to shit) is mighty tempting.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-02, 03:50

Yeah pretty sure no one cares if you netdeck here. I think it's only Pojo and Facebook that care. There isn't much room in Vanguard for creativity to begin with
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-02, 04:35

Hey, is there ANY way to mess with the Bizzaroblue build? I mean, it's so dang finely tuned, works like a charm, and "Grade lock? What's that?" is definitely something I love, having LOTS of misriding fiascos in my early career(Bad luck only.) but I do kind of want to make it feel a little more like my own, you know? Don't like feeling like a total copycat, but as deckbuilding is NOT my strong point, I need some assistance. Just need to know what's NOT essential, and perhaps replacements for them if you think of any stand out ones.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-02, 04:40

I have no idea how to change that fucker to make it better. All I was trying to do was make a budget build that:
A. Including Monster Frank because lol deckbuilding challenge
B. Maximized all chances to ride
C. Had few Grade 3s and lots of guard
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-02, 08:06

Yeah, and you know what Alice? You created a freaking monster. The extra defense without sacrificing riding, nay, INCREASING your proper ride up probability, most likely considering the extra guard is in the form of Chappie so yeah, is freaking beast. Heck, I've purposely not rode up properly JUST to give me a handicap, it works that well. The trigger line up is both effective and throws people the fuck off. Hades Steersman for epic win, although I don't get his actual skill off most of the time, usually cause I have a VG booster by that time and at LEAST one column, but hey, no one sees stands coming. I have had a full field set up by turn 3 without over extending, I think. I think I kind of have a tendency to over extend without thinking about, mostly just rushing headlong like a madman... I'm rambling, but I can't praise this deck enough. Sure, Crossrides screw it over, but who cares, they do that to everybody, therefore don't care about their performance against them. Although, early game rushdown DOES work on those jerks, and not caring about over extending DOES make for fun times there. Who cares if you have 13k bod, do you have the resources to actually defend it? Also, the fact that nothing feels wasted in this deck is really cool. I'm drawing from my CB and soul to the fullest. Why am I telling you this? You built the damn thing. It's a frighteningly beautiful monstrousity.

Sheesh, yet again I don't really make sense. Oh, and if I'm using the thing wrong, I wouldn't know, cause it works.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-02, 09:13

Actually I usually recommend that unless you have an on-hit vanguard, you should put boosters on rears first. So you SHOULD have that open spot most games.

But thanks cause I had no idea it was so beastly.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-02, 09:22

Alice wrote:
>Implying netdecking makes you a faggot
Whatever works, works. Creativity is not part of winning the game. The only thing wrong with netdecking is when you copy a winner, and just because you fallaciously believe winning makes the deck automatically good. And if you copy it without knowing how the hell it works or why it is successful.

Soldiers on a battlefield don't engineer new swords or guns or armor for themselves before they fight.

Creativity isn't essential to winning the game but in some cases it can help (odd choices like Lancet Shooter or that Superior Ride Granblue deck of yours or Almira in Musketeers).

Not to say I have some huge prejudice against net decking, what works, works! Why fix it if it's not broken? And all that.

Alice wrote:
Yeah pretty sure no one cares if you netdeck here. I think it's only Pojo and Facebook that care. There isn't much room in Vanguard for creativity to begin with

This is also very true.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-02, 15:07

It seems like in this game, creativity loses games. I've tried to make decks outside the box but they just don't work. And even once you make something original, creative and effective, you post it somewhere for an opinion(Popo) some people see its good. Then it becomes a cancer and spreads, and bam. Creatvity gone.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-02, 18:23

WingZero wrote:
It seems like in this game, creativity loses games. I've tried to make decks outside the box but they just don't work. And even once you make something original, creative and effective, you post it somewhere for an opinion(Popo) some people see its good. Then it becomes a cancer and spreads, and bam. Creatvity gone.
Or you find out your original idea was inferior to some other deck's capability. Vanguard has SOME room for neat innovative decks but that's not the point of the game. It's to pick something you like, build it correctly (optimally), and run it perfectly.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-02, 21:10

What is really unfortunate about creativity in a game like Vanguard is that because of the player base, you could potentially have a good idea or something that could be leading to something bigger, make a post about it somewhere to ask if their idea is correct and have it shit on by 12 people and have 1-2 say its right, and mathematically speaking, the idea is "bad" when really its just a large group of people who think 2-dimensionally and just agree with the general consensus.

Its like when I posted about Brakki in the Nova boards on Pojo, Timmy shot it down talking about field disadvantages and having a limited soul and such, then less then a week later was posting decks with Brakki's. I know I post this example a lot, but it just works so well in so many situations :P
Back to top Go down
Nihckeuq

Nihckeuq

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 00:01

BURINING HELL!

This deck was a challenge to myself, to create a successful vortex dragon megablast build that could do decently against most decks (10k defenders). As it was built with spare cards, the other restriction was to play no PGs at all, sure i could be efficient and proxy barris but this was just a fun deck so i decided to say **** it.

ON TO THE DECK

Starter: Conroe or Undeux. Either one is fine, Undeux if you really want to BURINING HELL fast for shitz and gigglez, Conroe if you want to be boring and simply have a 5k booster which you will eventually replace.

Triggers:
6X Crit - Deck is going to be mostly vanilla, better make sure you can get that extra damage in on your opponent early so that when you do your megablast, you can finish him for good on that turn.

6X Stands - It works. Forces extra guard out of your opponent early or makes them take extra damage. You will be commiting fast and early to the field as you cannot afford to take your time to peel away the guard of decks with PGs

4xDraw/4x Crit- Here's where it gets kind of crazy. No heal? My first variation of the deck had heal but after 20 or so tests, i realised i didn't need the heal triggers to prolong the fight, i just needed to force my opponent and me to 5 damage. Healing me wasn't going to make me have 5 counterblasts to use. It was taking me away from my goal, using the megablast.

I tried both draws and crits and both work. I personally preferred draw but i know crit can work too. Personal preference here.

Extra G0s:

5x Coongal+Rock the wall

My first problem with the deck was that i was not using BURINING HELL in every match. Getting 5 damage was no problem, it was the amount of soul. I decided to just put these in various amounts. 4 works, but you may not get it all the time. i personally preferred 5. Making the total G0 count 22. This allows me to at least get 1 of these into the soul every match. 2 was a common occurrence. Remember that the whole point of the deck is to use the megablast.

G1s:

4x Embodiment of Armor, Bahr - You will be rushing down the opponent whenever, you will want these on front RG from turn 1 then move them back when it is not efficient anymore. ( When the opponent rides a VG of 9k power or above ) Combines with Executioner/Dual axe/Vortex for nice columns.

4x Dragon Monk, Gojo- Deck Cycler. if you want barri replace these.

4x Heatnail Salamander/ Joka - To force guard or get rid of an opposing rear. Good stuff. Plus, no counterblast! Joka for budget and to make opponent ng the booster unit during vortex's megablast turn.

G2s:

3x Nehalem - nuff said

4x Flame Edge Dragon- speed up soul charging even more

3x Chain-attack Sutherland- To really push your opponent to either PG or No guard that final vortex attack.

G3s:

4x Vortex - THE WHOLE POINT OF THE DECK! Ride asap.

2x Blazing Flare/Executioner - Either work as good G3 RGs. Blazing flare makes it a NG for opponents when vortex activates. Executioner works well with stands and can punish 10k Vanguards hard with bahr. Blazing flare is a good backup ride if your opponent just refuses to give you the 5th damage and you are soul charging to the point where your soulstack is larger then your deck. Then soul blast to burn before going for game.

Most important part of playing the deck is all about resource management, try to have 5 damage and 8 soul at the same time. If you opponent hesitates to put you into megablast mode, just roll over him with the offensive trigger lineup.

Vortex should always be burning the opponent's vanguard booster and any intercepts. Try to take note of what cards the opponent drive checks. If he lacks boosters, burn the front row, if he has plenty of boosters, burn the back row. This will hopefully put you into a better position if you do not win in your megablast turn.

This deck was built to face 10k vanguards as vortex boosted by Bahr is only 20k, a 3 stage column against 10k vanguards.

Have fun with the deck!

Back to top Go down
Mizuki

Mizuki

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 03:37

Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Nz0r0
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 09:46

Cute deck, though admittedly I kind of flinch away from Lohengrin and Hell Dog of Iron Awesomeness in this theme. Toypu and Pegasus Knight are admittedly a hassle to add though when we're talking irl decks, so I guess I can see why you have this set-up. Preferably though I'd drop the Lohengrin copies and add 1x Soul Saver and 1x pretty much any other Grade 3, and then swap the Poet clones for Pongal. Aside from being legitimately awesome because it's one of only a few Vanguard-circle-centric Grade 3 you can run at 1-2 copies and get your money's worth for, using Saver with Barkgal is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Mizuki

Mizuki

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 10:09

You do know why Logengrin/Poet is used, right?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 14:26

>Not using Lohengrin and Borgal in every RP deck
Oh shit nigger what are you doing
Back to top Go down
ZanderSteel_91

ZanderSteel_91

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 16:05

The RP deck above looks pretty solid, the clan sure does do a great job of building a powerhouse formation for littile to no cost dont they? Well I guess since im new here ill give my go-to deck a post for some input. Im all about spike brothers and my build leans a littile more towards being stable and flexible then just explosive(I dont like running out off steam) ive ben playtesting this deck for quite some time and have ben takeing atleast top 3 at my locals for as long as I can remeber, so here is my decklist with a littile explanation.

GRADE 0: 17
(SV) Mecha Trainer
4xDraw Triggers
4xHeal Triggers
8xCritical Triggers

GRADE 1: 13
1xDudley Daisy
4xCheer Girl Marilyn
4xReckless Express
4xWonder Boy

GRADE 2: 11
1xDudley Douglas
3xPanzer Gale
3xTreasured Black Panther
4xHigh Speed Brakki

GRADE 3: 09
1xJelly Beans
4xDemonic Lord, Dudley Emperor
4xJuggernaut Maximum

Thats what ill be useing tonight at my local, a few builds back I opted for 3xMedical Manager and 3xFierce Leader for a littile more pressure but Im not to big on plays that are kinda out off my control which is extra soul charging. It tears me up to see a much needed trigger go away just prior to a twin drive thanks to a soul charge so I dropped those 6 cards for 4xPanthers and 2xCommander Gary for stability. After Trying that out Panther was definately serving his purpose(being the best G2 ride so I can save my brakkis and not have panzer gale get abused with his 8k power)but 4 started to feel like to much. Commander Gary was supposed to do what Aermo does but was never really necessary since any extra trash or off-putting plays were fed to Emperor's LB anyway. So I dropped him completely and 1 panther for the tech choices 1xDaisy-1xDouglas-1xJelly just to offer flexibility with rideing to G3 since Jelly beans acts a psuedo G1, G2, or G3 so I can hopefully dodge a grade lock situation. Thats all I got to say for this build, its fairly standard I know but most Spike Brother decks tend to stick to the same mold, as soon as I can get ahold of some Sky Divers im gonna finally try out Kung-fu Kicker and Smart Leader for a fun rushdown build, and I tried a few Seifired builds but always found it inferior to Emperor.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 16:36

That delicious Jelly Beans. I noticed you're using the optimal ride ratio. Did you perchance read that deck building article I wrote? Man, with that and Jelly Beans, I bet you never miss a ride.

Also Seifried is not in any way inferior to Emperor. Emperor is counterable and Seifried is not. Seifried definitely requires the more skill to play though, so it's not for everyone. Both do approximately equally well assuming Emperor gets his skill off in the comparison. They just do different things. One is for a big game ender to secure game a turn or two early. One is to slowly propel the opponent to their doom with almost certainty.
Back to top Go down
WingZero

WingZero

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 16:46

Hmm, Very nice to both the above listed decks.

Damnit I REALLY need Palamedes...
Back to top Go down
ZanderSteel_91

ZanderSteel_91

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 16:57

Oh yeah ive read just about all your articles, its really the best blog around. And I can agree about Seifried I just like haveing ABSOLUTE control over everything that happens, I didnt like banking on getting another attacker in my twin drive, nore did I like haveing a 17k column with dudley dan...idk just my playstyle I guess, the only thing ill leave to chance is the triggers. As far as emperor goes I actually use him for defense more then offense, more often then not ill LB to set up a good formation(like a panzer gale and wonder bread)rather then put a final turn crush rush together, some games I do both. I like being able to pressure OR tank while haveing not to run dudley dan behind my vanguard. Thanks for the comment!
Back to top Go down
Mizuki

Mizuki

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 20:05

It's always nice when people don't go full retard.

That deck is nice.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 20:10

I've noticed that having multiple outs for emperor is a really good thing. I've been thinking of replacing my field drillers with panzers. If they counter my Emperor gambit, I can go into double panzer gale for a huge tanktastical field. All it does it trade off two cards which are probably G3s or 5ks for 10ks. Something so simple can be really gamechanging though and allow you that one more option if they try cockblocking your Taggers.

Also I'm glad you think it's the best blog :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?   Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Guys, how 'bout them decklist?
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next