Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some news with regards to the Japanese format.

Go down 
+19
Skithiryx
Mizuki
meeb
firagadam
DracoFox
3XXXDDD
Lockon Stratos
Desir
ScarletWeather
Traesive
Tryston
Trinam
Epideme
Omnigeek
CyprusWHM
zawarudo
Alvarofsj
Alice
Shadowbane
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowbane

Shadowbane

Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty
PostSubject: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 09:07

Okay, so I know V*Mundi is all about the English format, but considering the news I have will effect the Japanese format in a HUGE way, I thought I might share it, as it may happen to us (same as the Barcgal being banned as the starting Vanguard). Bushiroad has basically introduced a restricted list to the game; details are below and link is here:

Quote :

On 10th December 2012, it was announced for the Japanese version of Cardfight!! Vanguard that the following restriction on cards will take place:

**As the situation is different for the Japanese and English versions, there are currently no plans to implement the following restriction for the English version of Cardfight!! Vanguard at all!**

----------

With effect from the 1st of January 2013, for the Japanese version of Cardfight!! Vanguard, the cards highlighted in the following list will be restricted to up to a total of two cards in the deck (including the first vanguard).

<Royal Paladin>
King of Knights, Alfred
Majesty Lord Blaster
Wingal Brave

<Kagero>
Lizard Soldier, Conroe
Dragonic Overlord the End

<Oracle Think Tank>
Silent Tom
Godhawk, Ichibyoshi
Goddess of the Full Moon, Tsukuyomi

*This includes all cards of the same name with different rarities.

[Example]
King of Knights, Alfred x 2
OR
Majesty Lord Blaster x 1, Wingal Brave x 1
- Total of 2 in a deck, so it’s fine.

Not OK: Majesty Lord Blaster x 2, Wingal Brave x 1
Not OK: Dragonic Overlord the End x 2, Lizard Soldier, Conroe x 1

----------

Once again, we would like to state that there are currently no plans to implement the following restriction for the English version of Cardfight!! Vanguard.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 09:13

You just reposted what's already in the Vanguard News forum.

Though I'll let this slide since newbies can't see it. I'm sure that there will be plenty of shitposting in this thread, so this is a preliminary warning to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Alvarofsj

Alvarofsj

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 09:21

LOL, Alice is angry.

Anyway, can't wait to see that in the EN version.
Back to top Go down
zawarudo

zawarudo

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 09:25

Glory hunter hunting for some glory.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 09:27

Huh? Not angry at all, I'm happy
Back to top Go down
Alvarofsj

Alvarofsj

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 09:32

Yeah, you're that way all the time, nvm ;P
Back to top Go down
Shadowbane

Shadowbane

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 10:05

I guess that's normal for her?

Well, I do hope this does eventually happen for English, but considering it took them about a year's worth of DOTE dominating the Japanese meta, I'm not sure how long it will take for them to implement it in the English format, assuming there is even a need to do so.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 10:06

Alvarofsj wrote:
Yeah, you're that way all the time, nvm ;P

I will beat you in the face :D
Back to top Go down
Alvarofsj

Alvarofsj

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 10:09

D: poor me
Back to top Go down
CyprusWHM

CyprusWHM

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 11:58

The pojo thread is a laugh and a half. Guess I'm basically in line with everyone else, llike this idea, minus the OTT hit.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 12:40

To be fair, as I said before, Tsukuyomi decks do just fine without any Full Moons (this may actually require the players to use skill) and OTT has a crapton of other options as well.
Back to top Go down
Omnigeek

Omnigeek

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 17:24

Yeah, but if it eventually hit the US, I will have to reorganize my Grade 3s which is more than a little frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Shadowbane

Shadowbane

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 22:00

I think you mean "it will eventually hit the English format", but yeah, I get what you mean.

I think Cardfight Pro put it best; while Bushiroad did state that there are no plans to implement the restrictions on the English format, they are basically holding it "hostage", cause if DOTE and MLB were to do as well as they have in the Japanese format, they will most certainly implement the restrictions anyway, as they did for Barcgal.
Back to top Go down
Epideme

Epideme

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 22:06

Alice wrote:
To be fair, as I said before, Tsukuyomi decks do just fine without any Full Moons (this may actually require the players to use skill) and OTT has a crapton of other options as well.

If Tsukuyomi decks do fine without Full Moon, why limit Full Moon?
Back to top Go down
Trinam

Trinam

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 22:08

Defensively-typed vanguards in strong lategame decks are scary?
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 22:18

lol mandala lord
Back to top Go down
Shadowbane

Shadowbane

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 23:00

Tryston wrote:
lol mandala lord

You should check out Shirayuki. LB4, CB1, Persona Blast for -20K power. O_O"
Back to top Go down
Traesive

Traesive

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-10, 23:29

Shadowbane wrote:
Tryston wrote:
lol mandala lord

You should check out Shirayuki. LB4, CB1, Persona Blast for -20K power. O_O"

You should check out the decks that uses both of them =3=;
Gets annoying, them power drops.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-11, 00:21

Epideme wrote:
Alice wrote:

No actual proof, but at a guess it's to push players to use something less-optimal but newer in that slot. Amaterasu crossride has just hit so that's going to be a strong alternative candidate, as is Battle Sister Cookie (the latter because it's a power attacker and its counterblast can help burn through cards between the top of your deck and your stack, the former because with an all-Amaterasu or almost-all Amaterasu line-up you can run more 12k attacks and replace lost Toms).

OTT and Retro Paladin seem like they were slap-in-the-face limits though, as opposed to rip-your-balls-off limits. They were the anti-meta, not the Big Scary Dominant Thing. The only reason they're being hit is to push players away from the same core of 4-5 decks.
Back to top Go down
Shadowbane

Shadowbane

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-11, 00:36

Traesive wrote:
You should check out the decks that uses both of them =3=;
Gets annoying, them power drops.

Yes, but it the clan balances itself out by having very low RG power. I mean, nearly ALL the G2 with skills are 8K. The only power units are your 10K vanilla, Left + Right Arrester, and Royalenova (to be used with the Magatsu ride chain). There's also the two 9K units, but you'd probably only use White Mane for his damage unflipping skills; FUSHIMI's skill in VG-only and we have no idea when we'll get him, since he is from EB01 Comic Style.
Back to top Go down
Desir

Desir

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-11, 00:52

Fun times ahead, and my Shadow Paladins get to dodge a bullet, not that they had anything worth hitting anyway. Dr. O said he received 558 constructive feedback messages and is passing it along so I suppose we'll see what the Land of the Rising Sun has to say (and others).
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-11, 00:57

Epideme wrote:
Alice wrote:

It's the face card of the deck. That's the only explanation I can come up with. Does it really matter? We have no definitive evidence one way or another since Bushiroad didn't make an announcement.

I'll be unhappy if all the whining salty babies cause an uproar and get it overturned. This has been an absolutely childish reaction.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-11, 01:23

Well, could we dial it back a little? For OTT, of course. Absolutely no reason to hit Full Moon as they really don't bring THAT much to the table. I can understand hitting God Hawk, in relation to hitting Tom. Tom plus Double Trigger Stack equals win. Not really much to do about that, aside from PGs, seriously minusing yourself, or HEART OF THE, wait, wrong game, I mean, PSYQUALIA!!! So, making it so you can have only one in Tsukuyomi, or two in everything else is okay. Not sure it's entirely necessary but it's okay. Other than that, cool, they hit the problem cards and little else. Alfred is an unfortunate casualty, but, yeah, 4 of him plus 2 of MLB is still not good for balance. Oh well, no use whining too much, or they might lift them altogether, which, for the stupid people, would be bad.
Back to top Go down
Trinam

Trinam

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-11, 01:31

Alice wrote:
I'll be unhappy if all the whining salty babies cause an uproar and get it overturned. This has been an absolutely childish reaction.

That's unlikely. I've seen this exact reaction before, back when the Banlist first hit Yu-Gi-Oh! with the power ten getting banned from play.

They QQ, then they move on. Most gamers have the attention span of a goldfish.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty2012-12-11, 01:36

Less QQ, more Pew Pew

And now all the pews are balanced.

Until Set 9 anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. Empty

Back to top Go down

Some news with regards to the Japanese format.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next