Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some news with regards to the Japanese format.

Go down 
+19
Skithiryx
Mizuki
meeb
firagadam
DracoFox
3XXXDDD
Lockon Stratos
Desir
ScarletWeather
Traesive
Tryston
Trinam
Epideme
Omnigeek
CyprusWHM
zawarudo
Alvarofsj
Alice
Shadowbane
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 08:43

Trinam wrote:
Alice wrote:
I'll be unhappy if all the whining salty babies cause an uproar and get it overturned. This has been an absolutely childish reaction.

They QQ, then they move on. Most gamers have the attention span of a goldfish.

This is because players who are willing to play in a broken mess of a meta are more than willing to play in any meta despite their tears.
Back to top Go down
DracoFox

DracoFox

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 10:02

well the cards themselves aren't that great (imo they're not broken as they're too easy to beat) it's just that the Japs are too stubborn a bit like we are now with GPs once set 5 comes along i think our game will diversify more i don't think we'll have the same problem as the JPs so the restrictions hopefully won't apply to us
Back to top Go down
firagadam
firagadam

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 10:11

DracoFox wrote:
well the cards themselves aren't that great (imo they're not broken as they're too easy to beat) it's just that the Japs are too stubborn a bit like we are now with GPs once set 5 comes along i think our game will diversify more i don't think we'll have the same problem as the JPs so the restrictions hopefully won't apply to us

13k VG = boring as fuck to play against and with

12k VG with 2 = also boring as fuck to play against and even more bullshit
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 10:28

DracoFox wrote:

Then you're an idiot. Majesty and The End were two of the most broken cards in the entire game and wrecked the whole state of it. Look at the meta since their release and it'll prove it. The meta is The End, Majesty, and Tsukuyomi with the tiniest sprinklings of randoms. This is the second championship in Japan they've topped and Bushiroad restricted exactly the top 3 most used decks. Meta was stale. Decks were broken.

Now you get to contend with more broken crossrides in BT09.
Back to top Go down
DracoFox

DracoFox

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 11:39

Alice wrote:

Then you're an idiot. Majesty and The End were two of the most broken cards in the entire game and wrecked the whole state of it. Look at the meta since their release and it'll prove it. The meta is The End, Majesty, and Tsukuyomi with the tiniest sprinklings of randoms. This is the second championship in Japan they've topped and Bushiroad restricted exactly the top 3 most used decks. Meta was stale. Decks were broken.

just shows how lazy players of this game are then instead finding a way to beat them they join the crowd, or spend their time complaining about the problem.
The decks are far too easy to beat as an rush player most of the people i beat haven't gotten to the crossride or if they have they're pushing 5 with a very small hand

SDD is far more broken than DOTE and MLB the others at least have to hit while SDD just retires units to stand again

i agree with the set 9 brokenness Plt Ezel is bad and Glory is far worse than DOTE and MBL no way to PG a 28K attack so you have to use 3 G0 shields
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 12:45

Rush can't beat crossrides better than it can beat a normal deck. Once that crossride comes and the rush is over, it can tank up. Normal decks are still subject to the rush. Your solution is stupid and your arrogance is showing when you call it "easy". Someone who joins the crowd by playing them is making the optimal Game Theory decision because it's a Prisoner's Dilemma. Someone who "complains" is someone who wants the Prisoner's Dilemma to end because those are never fun game to play.

The fact that you say SDD is broken at all makes you a troll, straight out. The fact that you call it broken over The End makes you a 0/10 obvious troll go back to Pojo tier. You can rot in the kiddie pool if you want to be a troll.
Back to top Go down
firagadam
firagadam

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 12:59

DracoFox wrote:
Alice wrote:

just shows how lazy players of this game are then instead finding a way to beat them they join the crowd, or spend their time complaining about the problem.
The decks are far too easy to beat as an rush player most of the people i beat haven't gotten to the crossride or if they have they're pushing 5 with a very small hand

SDD is far more broken than DOTE and MLB the others at least have to hit while SDD just retires units to stand again

i agree with the set 9 brokenness Plt Ezel is bad and Glory is far worse than DOTE and MBL no way to PG a 28K attack so you have to use 3 G0 shields

>>SDD More broken

You sir, are a goddamn retard, how can a BARELY 11k VG that minus 3 to re-stand a check 1 FUCKING CARD is more broken than a almost always 13k VG with a always active CB 2 discard 1 check 4 cards
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 13:04

DracoFox wrote:

1. Personal attack. Demonstrate how the player base is lazy. Have you met all the players that dislike crossrides?

2. Please explain how rushdown beats crossrides, and then explain why that reasoning somehow doesn't apply to non-crossride decks. Why is Goku/Lawkeeper less susceptible to rushdown than Dragonic Overlord the End, as an example.

3. In terms of generating advantage, how is the restanding of SDD broken.

4. Why is there no way to perfect guard a 28k attack? Your statement implies unfamiliarity with the rules.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 13:14

Uh, meeb, he's talking about Glory's ability to make Perfect Guards a nonissue. You know, with his Ultimate Break? Other than that, you are correct, just pointing that out.
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 13:23

Lockon Stratos wrote:
Uh, meeb, he's talking about Glory's ability to make Perfect Guards a nonissue. You know, with his Ultimate Break? Other than that, you are correct, just pointing that out.

Ah I assume Glory is the Aqua Force limit breaker. I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
DracoFox

DracoFox

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 14:37

well there only really one good rush clan around atm but i'm not going to tell you guys as you seem unable to put together a reasonable response other than going TROLL, TROLL

reasons why rush beats crossrides
1: lots of attacks get damage in early, most people guard around the third damage point
2: guarding rush eats up the hand so if PG'd they may use up the Xride card as the discard
3:

why rush can't beat Xrides
1: once stalled deck falls apart
2:can't hit for good enough numbers 16K just about manages to hit but 5K shield blocks easily
3:doing a rush means you hardly have any cards to guard the Xride attacks

the saying 'tortoise and the hare' comes to mind

in relation to the Goku/Lawkeeper thing i don't know much about it as i don't play Kagero much bar the Amber chain and testing DOTE out (for a stage) but i presume they're the typical kagero RG retiring deck (correct me if i'm wrong) they imo would stand but far better than a crossride deck as they would be focused on retiring units rather than the crossride so would disrupt the rush strategy far more effectively

There a couple of us who all think the same thing they are good theres no denying that but I've found they're too easily stopped PG'd, 2 10K blocks

I have met plenty of people who all complain about the Xrides and GPs but CBA to change their play or decks (bar the vanguardians)
in relation to the lazy thing look at the nats/worlds the amount of people using the same deck is high even at the JPs ones (there was a bit more diversity as they were doing 3 clans compared to our 1)

SDD is broken cos it doesn't even have to hit to stand again which imo would be ok like Stern Blaukluger for example

meeb i was talking about Blue Storm Supreme Dragon, Glory Maelstrom who i would say is kind of broken but as you can still intercept and guard with G0s so it isn't all that bad

hope this answers all your questions
Back to top Go down
Mizuki

Mizuki

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 14:45

SDD having a 1/3rd chance of going off properly, and requiring 3 RG, LB CB2 is broken?

Draco, I don't think you have a functional brain.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 14:47

Mizuki wrote:
SDD having a 1/3rd chance of going off properly, and requiring 3 RG, LB CB2 is broken?

Draco, I don't think you have a functional brain.
Let's not forget it's net -2 while Stern is net -1, and Stern being on-hit is actually good because the opponent has to guard it for at least -2 every turn. Forever

And in all of that incomprehensible jabber, not a single logical reason was given for why a rushdown works better against crossrides than normal decks.
Back to top Go down
DracoFox

DracoFox

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 14:58

how about we fight on byond and see in said of talking actions speak louder than words
Back to top Go down
CyprusWHM

CyprusWHM

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 15:03

DracoFox wrote:
how about we fight on byond and see in said of talking actions speak louder than words

This basically explains everything. Byond is a chatroom for middle schoolers with a barely functional cardgame sim. Playing on there explains your whacked opinions.
Back to top Go down
DracoFox

DracoFox

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 15:06

CyprusWHM wrote:

This basically explains everything. Byond is a chatroom for middle schoolers with a barely functional cardgame sim. Playing on there explains your whacked opinions.

Do you know a better battle sim then?
Back to top Go down
Skithiryx

Skithiryx

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 15:07

DracoFox wrote:
well there only really one good rush clan around atm but i'm not going to tell you guys as you seem unable to put together a reasonable response other than going TROLL, TROLL

reasons why rush beats crossrides
1: lots of attacks get damage in early, most people guard around the third damage point
2: guarding rush eats up the hand so if PG'd they may use up the Xride card as the discard
3:

why rush can't beat Xrides
1: once stalled deck falls apart
2:can't hit for good enough numbers 16K just about manages to hit but 5K shield blocks easily
3:doing a rush means you hardly have any cards to guard the Xride attacks

the saying 'tortoise and the hare' comes to mind

in relation to the Goku/Lawkeeper thing i don't know much about it as i don't play Kagero much bar the Amber chain and testing DOTE out (for a stage) but i presume they're the typical kagero RG retiring deck (correct me if i'm wrong) they imo would stand but far better than a crossride deck as they would be focused on retiring units rather than the crossride so would disrupt the rush strategy far more effectively

There a couple of us who all think the same thing they are good theres no denying that but I've found they're too easily stopped PG'd, 2 10K blocks

I have met plenty of people who all complain about the Xrides and GPs but CBA to change their play or decks (bar the vanguardians)
in relation to the lazy thing look at the nats/worlds the amount of people using the same deck is high even at the JPs ones (there was a bit more diversity as they were doing 3 clans compared to our 1)

SDD is broken cos it doesn't even have to hit to stand again which imo would be ok like Stern Blaukluger for example

meeb i was talking about Blue Storm Supreme Dragon, Glory Maelstrom who i would say is kind of broken but as you can still intercept and guard with G0s so it isn't all that bad

Beating them before they get to where they need to be isn't exaactly a valid strategy, the only deck that will always be able to rush down on turn 2 or 3 guaranteed is the Manguard Rushdown G1 and 0 deck. Otherwise your decks always have the chance of drawing a late game hand. Lets not forget that if Ji Endo has his 13 defence, that kind of rushdown will be instantly negated. SDD Is not broken, He's alright if you get the 1/3 chance of getting the full ride chain. Think about it, you lose 3 cards from your hand 2/3 games he's in, while stern is a constant -2 from hand thats ultimately negated by his Twin Drive. Stern isn't broken, He's just really fucking good. SDD Isn't even all that good, assuming you've read the Rank3 section of the Ride chain article here, you'd know that the specific ride chain SDD has is by far the worse, and tries to make it look like its plusses make up for that. Really whats going down is that they're rewarding marginal chance events, like getting the Chain either in hand or on the top 7 search, Which btw if you get the G1 on turn 1, is 7 out of 43 cards. That about 1/6th of your deck.
Back to top Go down
firagadam
firagadam

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 15:08

DracoFox wrote:

First, various consistent results prove who is a better player.

Second, Set up a REAL challenge with your own cards and not some crap-ass program that cant simulate 100% the game.

Third BACK TO POJO CANCER.
Back to top Go down
CyprusWHM

CyprusWHM

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 15:08

No, there isn't one.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 15:15

firagadam wrote:
DracoFox wrote:

Second, Set up a REAL challenge with your own cards and not some crap-ass program that cant simulate 100% the game.

>Challenging people to card games to prove an unrelated point AT ALL
Back to top Go down
meeb

meeb

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 15:15

So basically rushdown works if the opponent doesn't guard early, and doesn't hurt crossrides substantially more than most decks.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 15:23

DracoFox wrote:

"Only one", what. Are we talking Japanese or English format here, because either way that's wrong.

Defining "rush" as the ability, either through faster acquisition of a field or the ability to launch multiple attacks early on or to attack with the equivalent of a full field with minimal investment:

If English format, and thus pre-crossride: Spikes, Golds (either less consistently with Duke or Pellinore or very consistently with Garmore), to an extent Grapplers although they're drive-check dependent, OTT because Coco can immediately explode with cards and let you call a full field without losing as much from your hand, Royals. I'm sure I'm missing something.

JP Format: Slightly fewer but Gold Paladins still have a pretty boss ability to acquire a field early on and pressure quickly on early turns. Pre-restriction Alfred and Retro Paladin in general had a strong rush strategy because their rear columns are big enough for normal pressure vs. crossride, they have the option for a high critical count (and thus the ability to do more damage earlier on regardless), and depending on how you play the deck you can drop Soul Saver for surprise late-game pressure and hit for high numbers early game with fewer cards since Alfred himself can make up magic numbers with no boost or any boost. Aqua Force just got a sorta-legitimate move in Tri-Hole Dragokid, which lets you plunk down three frontliners on turn one (one damage trigger can throw it off, but the absence of one on a turn when most decks normally only have to worry about one attack is pretty neat), but I'll give you that in that it's not as consistent into the later parts of the game- you know, the point when a rush would even out anyway. Coco still exists in the format and is still able to explode with cards and get a full-pressure field before anything major happens. Illuminal. If I went through I'm sure I could find more.

tl;dr, unless we're working from a very different definition of the word you just excluded a pretty wide range of legitimate tier 1/tier 2 aggro strategies from your list of a phantom one clan.
Back to top Go down
Skithiryx

Skithiryx

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 15:40

Alice wrote:
firagadam wrote:
DracoFox wrote:

Sure is YUGIOH! in here.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-11, 15:45

Skithiryx wrote:
Alice wrote:
firagadam wrote:
DracoFox wrote:

Sure is YUGIOH! in here.

To be fair that would honestly be more entertaining than just arguing with people. If it worked, I'd do it.
Back to top Go down
blaze11572

blaze11572

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty2012-12-12, 00:39

mad over a card game, arguements are invalid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some news with regards to the Japanese format.   Some news with regards to the Japanese format. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Some news with regards to the Japanese format.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next