Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Riot General Megablast Build

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
s00pahFr0g

s00pahFr0g

Riot General Megablast Build Empty
PostSubject: Riot General Megablast Build   Riot General Megablast Build Empty2012-07-26, 00:48

I've been playing vanguard for about a month now. I know most of the deck fairly well and I've bought a fair amount of cards since I started playing. I bought the Narukami starter and wondered where to go with it. My ultimate goal is to have two Narukami decks; one that's more for fun(the Riot General) and the more 'viable' one(vermillion). I don't currently have the money to buy 3 vermillion, although I did get one out of a lucky pack today, so I figured I'd build the Riot General one first. I'm pretty comfortable with the deck after playing for a few weeks. I can consistently pull off the megablast and pretty quickly at that. I also have a pretty good idea of what I want to change, but I figured I'd go ahead and ask for some suggestions.

Grade 0 (21)
1-Lizard Soldier, Saishin
4-Rock The Wall
4-Old Dragon Mage(draw trigger)
4-Demonic Dragon Nymph, Seiobo(heal trigger)
4-Malevolent Djinn(critical trigger)
4-Yellow Gem Carbuncle(critical trigger)

Grade 1 (11)
1-Photon Bomber Wyvern
2-Lightning of Hope, Helena
2-Stealth Fighter
4-Red River Dragoon
2-Desert Gunner, Raien

Grade 2 (11)
1-Dragon Monk, Ensei
4-Shieldblade Dragoon
2-Hex Cannon Wyvern
4-Thunderstorm Dragoon

Grade 3 (7)
4-Riot General, Gyras
3-Breakthrough Dragon

This deck has a rather weird count on the grades, but it's almost necessary to get the megablast and it works so far. I feel like my biggest problem is the grade 1 line up. It's just too random and doesn't have any consistency to it. I plan to remove the Stealth Fighters. I've played with them in for a while and I don't like them. I'm wondering if I should replace both with a Photon Bomber Wyvern or just one. I'm not happy with Helena either, but I feel like he could help in certain situations. The card just hasn't payed off yet.

I also feel like 4 Shieldblade Dragoon is too much. I'll probably drop it to 3 and add another grade 1 because I sometimes run into to problems with a lack of grade 1 cards to boost with. The Ensei is the last of 3 that were in the deck. I really do not like it. It seemed pretty good at first, and I think it can be effective for certain clans, but not Narukami and not with this particular build.

Those are the problems that I currently have with the deck. I'd really appreciate any advice. I know it's far from the best Narukami deck but it's pretty awesome to consistently get the megablast off with it. I actually placed 4th out of 10 in a tournament last Saturday with this deck(just a few cards were different, I'm constantly switching stuff around to test). I only lost to one person, but it's the friend who I test everything on and he knows how to deal with the megablast. I ended up having to fight him twice. :( It catches most people off guard, but he knows just what it does.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Riot General Megablast Build   Riot General Megablast Build Empty2012-07-26, 01:11

Ahh so this is your for-fun deck. Nice. Well then the most important thing is if it runs well while still making you have fun.

You won't need stealth fighter at all for this build.

It sucks that Narukami has no reliable soul mechanic yet since it means you have to run Rock or similar, which can interfere with Gyras' effect. But without Rock or similar, you'd have to wait minimum 4 turns to megablast after riding Gyras (and that's IF you don't retreat your starting vanguard out of the soul). If you can get Saishin back in the soul reliably, then I'd say that's good. Otherwise, I really hate to say this, but Thunder Kid Dragoon is the better choice. It may be CB:1 for -1 and possibly no +1, but in this deck you absolutely MUST get that extra soul in time. With their of them, you'll have to use Garuda to unflip that damage, so if you have to do it, might as well be something you absolutely 100% will get off and might even snag you a Gyras.

Helena is a good idea. You need to cycle cards to get those Rocks faster and fill the soul. I would say put in some 7ks as backup, like more Raien. He's not good but he's a 7k with a free effect.

You absolutely need 4 Berserker Garuda. Just get rid of Ensei entirely. It's useless in your deck. Even with the 8k vanilla booster, it can only hit 15k which is 1 stage against 11k vanguards. It's too situational to be useful here. Helena is a better cycler so run more of it if you feel you lack cyclers (in place of some Raiens). You can remove the hex wyverns or some shieldblades for the space to put the 4 Garudas.

Overall, I'll say this is the build I'd run for maximum effectiveness:
Grade 0 (21)
1-Thunder Kid Dragoon
4-Rock The Wall

Grade 1 (12)
4-Wyvern Guard Guld
4-Lightning of Hope, Helena
4-Red River Dragoon

Grade 2 (10)
2-Shieldblade Dragoon (You can use Hex instead, but I quite like the extra defense in case someone realizes you're megablasting and wants to go for game early)
4-Berserker Garuda
4-Thunderstorm Dragoon

Grade 3 (7)
4-Riot General, Gyras
3-Breakthrough Dragon

Last edited by Alice on 2012-07-26, 02:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShinkenRed

ShinkenRed

PostSubject: Re: Riot General Megablast Build   Riot General Megablast Build Empty2012-07-26, 01:37

Alice wrote:
Ahh so this is your for-fun deck. Nice. Well then the most important thing is if it runs well while still making you have fun.

You won't need stealth fighter at all for this build.

It sucks that Narukami has no reliable soul mechanic yet since it means you have to run Rock or similar, which can interfere with Gyras' effect. But without Rock or similar, you'd have to wait minimum 4 turns to megablast after riding Gyras (and that's IF you don't retreat your starting vanguard out of the soul). If you can get Saishin back in the soul reliably, then I'd say that's good. Otherwise, I really hate to say this, but Thunder Kid Dragoon is the better choice. It may be CB:1 for -1 and possibly no +1, but in this deck you absolutely MUST get that extra soul in time. With their of them, you'll have to use Garuda to unflip that damage, so if you have to do it, might as well be something you absolutely 100% will get off and might even snag you a Gyras.

Helena is a good idea. You need to cycle cards to get those Rocks faster and fill the soul. I would say put in some 7ks as backup, like more Raien. He's not good but he's a 7k with a free effect.

You absolutely need 4 Berserker Garuda. Just get rid of Ensei entirely. It's useless in your deck. Even with the 8k vanilla booster, it can only hit 15k which is 1 stage against 11k vanguards. It's too situational to be useful here. Helena is a better cycler so run more of it if you feel you lack cyclers (in place of some Raiens). You can remove the hex wyverns or some shieldblades for the space to put the 4 Garudas.

Overall, I'll say this is the build I'd run for maximum effectiveness:
Grade 0 (21)
1-Thunder Kid Dragoon
4-Rock The Wall

Grade 1 (12)
2-Photon Bomber Wyvern
4-Lightning of Hope, Helena
4-Red River Dragoon
2-Desert Gunner, Raien

Grade 2 (10)
2-Shieldblade Dragoon (You can use Hex instead, but I quite like the extra defense in case someone realizes you're megablasting and wants to go for game early)
4-Berserker Garuda
4-Thunderstorm Dragoon

Grade 3 (7)
4-Riot General, Gyras
3-Breakthrough Dragon

Well my suggesting deck build is about the same as Alice, but with some differences. Although I understand having 20 Grade 0s (not counting the Saishin/ Sishin/ Thunder Kid) means you will have a better defence, I feel that you can run a couple of Perfect Guards if you come to a point where you need to preserve your hand.

And this is where I disagree with Alice. 4 Garuda seems.....a little, well you know. After you use its effect to unflip for Thunder Kid's CB, they are kinda useless except that they are good 9k intercepters. I recommend Shiden (and Sishin as starter, he can't move back but he doesn't minus your soul and Counterblasts) even if you already have 4 Raien. Intercepts can interfere if your Critical attacks. If you still want to stick Saishin or Thunder Kid, you can be adventurous enough to pray for a Heal Trigger.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Riot General Megablast Build   Riot General Megablast Build Empty2012-07-26, 02:04

I didn't even realize it lacked perfects. How the fuck. For some reason I just assumed 4 were there even when I clearly didn't read them.

Edited my post to include them.

Also Garuda at 4 is MANDATORY. If you don't unflip, the entire deck is useless. You absolutely must unflip 1. And that requires that you absolutely must draw him. Even at 4 that's not guaranteed. And hell, in the other Narukami decks, 4 of him is still good.

If you use saishin without putting him back, you just lost yet another soul. Which is precious in a deck that can't generate soul. If you use saishin and pull him off, you now HAVE to hit twice. One to get your soul back, one to get your damage back. If you don't the deck is now screwed completely. Using saishin makes using 4 Garuda even more necessary.

There's really no room for Shiden. You need Thunderstorm Dragoon because Gyras gives it +3k. With the vanilla behind it, that's 3 stages with crit 2. Using two columns of this is ideal. Not planning for this means not even using Gyras in the first place. If you remove the special interceptors completely, then the guard you lose from using Malevolent Djinn (and eventually you will), will kill you.

In short, the only thing I am fixing is my mistake of forgetting perfects.
Back to top Go down
s00pahFr0g

s00pahFr0g

PostSubject: Re: Riot General Megablast Build   Riot General Megablast Build Empty2012-07-26, 08:37

I don't have the perfect guards in yet because I don't have any. I'll probably go on eBay and get the rest of the cards I need in the next week or two. I also have a nova grappler deck that has everything except for the perfect guards.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Riot General Megablast Build   Riot General Megablast Build Empty2012-07-27, 00:02

s00pahFr0g wrote:
I don't have the perfect guards in yet because I don't have any. I'll probably go on eBay and get the rest of the cards I need in the next week or two. I also have a nova grappler deck that has everything except for the perfect guards.

4 of those are the most important things for each deck. Be sure to get them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riot General Megablast Build   Riot General Megablast Build Empty

Back to top Go down

Riot General Megablast Build
Page 1 of 1