Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)

Go down 
+24
haxie-kun
DragonāˆžBlade
Shadowbane
newbishop
Gelatin
ZanderSteel_91
Chestnut_Rice
Duce
Trinam
TehNACHO
WingZero
3XXXDDD
Tryston
Lockon Stratos
ScarletWeather
zawarudo
Omnigeek
HugeMcLargeTall
Klaus
meeb
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Kirosnefakman
CyprusWHM
Alice
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-08, 02:22

Incidentally this is something fucking weird I've noticed about Majesty- as much as I've been bitching about the exact tiering of the non-crossride decks in JP meta, why isn't Majesty showing up higher?

I think it's partially because I'm not sure Japan has discovered just how ludicrous Majesty can be built and still work to an extent, but I'm genuinely surprised that it hasn't topped more events. It's at least on The End's level, maybe even stronger in some areas since it's a ridiculously flexible deck.
Back to top Go down
3XXXDDD
Admin
3XXXDDD

Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-08, 07:11

Some people have the suspicions that it's due to a "soft ban".
Back to top Go down
zawarudo

zawarudo

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-08, 08:04

Looks good on paper, not so good when you're actually playing.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-08, 10:13

That's the thing that surprises me, though. Majesty Lord actually plays better than some of the builds look on paper, in my experience anyway. And I do have kind of a hard time imagining that Japan's really soft-banning it.

I kinda half-suspect it's a cost/role thing, where since MLB is more expensive than The END and The END is already the established crossride top dog, nobody really wants to try bringing in what they perceive as an inferior crossride.
Back to top Go down
zawarudo

zawarudo

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-08, 12:12

MLB is a lot more explosive than original RP, but trades in its good old RP consistency and longevity. That;s why you still see a good number of Retro Paladins being played.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-08, 13:14

zawarudo wrote:
MLB is a lot more explosive than original RP, but trades in its good old RP consistency and longevity. That;s why you still see a good number of Retro Paladins being played.

I don't really think it's about consistency or longevity though. MLB can stay the course and it's actually capable of being not only really consistent in the one thing MLB itself can do but also just shifting gears halfway through the game and turning into a tactical nuke. Pretty sure Retro Paladin gets played entirely because it's a strong aggro deck in the meta, since you can be hitting for good numbers against crossrides with relatively fewer units and being forced from three-stage hits back to two doesn't unduly bother it much. Expense probably has something to do with it, but MLB's at least as evergreen and it just got a major promo bump.
Back to top Go down
zawarudo

zawarudo

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-08, 13:45

Retro is way more consistent than MLB-RP. Your entire deck toolboxes with Alfred and Akane to set up the columns, while MLB relies on its opening hand to set up its VG. Most players block your G2 Wingal Brave play so you can't rely on that for consistency. A good portion of your aggressive RGs are also reliant on your VG being a "Blaster", so when that doesn't happen your deck suffers a lot. This doesn't happen with Retro.

A lot of players are talking about Exculpate, and it's a fun card to smash noobs with but from actually playing, you realise it's not as simple as "I feel like wiping the board now".
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-08, 13:55

Scarlet, while I will not deny MLB's explosiveness, please remember that consistency is the favorable trait in tournament settings.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-08, 17:17

zawarudo wrote:
Except you're wrong. For consistency, the deck has Wingal Brave. For longevity the deck has a 12k defender.
Back to top Go down
HugeMcLargeTall

HugeMcLargeTall

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-08, 17:38

i want perfect raizers baby, i added my input
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-08, 18:39

...Yeah, re: TehNacho and Zawarudo, you guys do realize that MLB is, at its heart, a toolbox deck? And an amazingly consistent one at that.

Your goal is to get that initial Souken off, but that's why you run Starcall Trumpeter and why running a low count (1-2) of Gancelot is a completely legitimate move. Wingal Brave does make for an easy early fetch, Starcall can provide you not only with an extra fetch but an extra 9k frontliner and intercept on turns after you get 12k, and Majesty Lord's biggest draw is that between the 12k and the +critical you can block "power" columns from virtually any other deck and pressure even crossrides for guard-this numbers (Majesty Lord always attacks the Vanguard, rear columns pick off rear guards if they don't have enough power to menace, and the +critical is hard to get around). Exculpate is teched at 1-2 copies and can be searched with Brave if you already have the set-up, then dropped once your opponent is overextended to wipe out their field. Soul Saver is a similar tech unit, which, via Pongal, can be easily set up.

I hear about Majesty decks with Palamedes (and see them), but to be honest I think that's kind of unnecessary on-par with running Hollow Nomad with Perfect Raizer. You should never really need a power rear-guard line in Majesty because your core +critical lane will generate pressure much earlier and you can stay the distance without ever needing to lean on the Vanguard. If anything you'll want those slots for Soul Saver, since you can generate a lot of extra-shields-necessary as a sudden drop.

Hell, oddly enough, Majesty can also make decent use of its frontline Grade 1, since Kay allows you to have a 10k attacker in a deck where your G2 might cap at 9k.

The only time your MLB deck should really unduly suffer from not having a Blaster Vanguard is if you're trying to run it the way you run The End- with beatdown columns. That's not what MLB is good at. It's okay at it, but the draw of the deck is that you don't need to play it that way and arguably shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-08, 20:09

ScarletWeather wrote:
...Yeah, re: TehNacho and Zawarudo, you guys do realize that MLB is, at its heart, a toolbox deck? And an amazingly consistent one at that.

Your goal is to get that initial Souken off, but that's why you run Starcall Trumpeter and why running a low count (1-2) of Gancelot is a completely legitimate move. Wingal Brave does make for an easy early fetch, Starcall can provide you not only with an extra fetch but an extra 9k frontliner and intercept on turns after you get 12k, and Majesty Lord's biggest draw is that between the 12k and the +critical you can block "power" columns from virtually any other deck and pressure even crossrides for guard-this numbers (Majesty Lord always attacks the Vanguard, rear columns pick off rear guards if they don't have enough power to menace, and the +critical is hard to get around). Exculpate is teched at 1-2 copies and can be searched with Brave if you already have the set-up, then dropped once your opponent is overextended to wipe out their field. Soul Saver is a similar tech unit, which, via Pongal, can be easily set up.

I hear about Majesty decks with Palamedes (and see them), but to be honest I think that's kind of unnecessary on-par with running Hollow Nomad with Perfect Raizer. You should never really need a power rear-guard line in Majesty because your core +critical lane will generate pressure much earlier and you can stay the distance without ever needing to lean on the Vanguard. If anything you'll want those slots for Soul Saver, since you can generate a lot of extra-shields-necessary as a sudden drop.

Hell, oddly enough, Majesty can also make decent use of its frontline Grade 1, since Kay allows you to have a 10k attacker in a deck where your G2 might cap at 9k.

The only time your MLB deck should really unduly suffer from not having a Blaster Vanguard is if you're trying to run it the way you run The End- with beatdown columns. That's not what MLB is good at. It's okay at it, but the draw of the deck is that you don't need to play it that way and arguably shouldn't.

Yeah this is what meeb was saying about it in the chat.
Back to top Go down
ScarletWeather

ScarletWeather

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-08, 20:21

Alice wrote:

Yeah this is what meeb was saying about it in the chat.

Yeah, I don't really use Majesty myself but it's the primary-to-be of one of my best friends, and it was all over BYOND for a while, so I'm used to noodling through it. I guess I can sort of see why it hasn't caught on in Japan- I didn't really 'get' the toolbox thing until I watched him playing his deck in a mirror match, and I was like "oooooooh, wait, I get it now". The way the deck works is so weird compared to like, every other Paladin build, that it's easy to miss.
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-12, 01:31

Virgin is an insult?
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-12, 01:34

Actually, I'm not blue eyed and blonde.

Though, I know a certain American country that has a lot of them~
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-12, 01:35

TehNACHO wrote:
Virgin is an insult?

Holy Foxtrot, of all the people on here, I'd expect the one to say THIS would be me. Nacho, where do YOU come from with this? I'm a southern Christian conservative, so I'm obvious, but YOU? This intrigues me.
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-12, 01:36

Uhh, I know what's actually an insult or not, at which the 'not' is a veeeeeerrrrrrry big selection since we're on the internet.

That, and I think I haven't told you why I basically wouldn't care about it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-12, 01:36

TehNACHO wrote:
Actually, I'm not blue eyed and blonde.

Though, I know a certain American country that has a lot of them~

Um, Nacho, that means he WOULD kill you. Now me, I'm safe, pure Aryan. Blue eyed blondie. Okay, it's a dirty blonde, but blonde nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-12, 01:38

I'm a guy?
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-12, 01:40

Everyone presumes I'm a guy.

Yay internet~
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-12, 01:41

"Fucking virgins." What a great oxymoron.

Also, why yes, I AM A VIRGIN, and you know what, I'M DAMN PROUD OF IT!! Honestly, I'm one of those loser, "marriage before sex" type of people, and as I'm only freaking 16, OF COURSE I WOULD BE. Frankly, the losers in my opinion are the ones who spend more time hating on other people's interests, rather than on their own.
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-12, 01:42

But I thought you wanted people to be straight?
Back to top Go down
HugeMcLargeTall

HugeMcLargeTall

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-12, 01:43

butt hurt about something and has free time? its been done :]
Back to top Go down
Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-12, 01:44

Nacho, you're a 14 year old GIRL?!?! Just, quit with the clue dropping and the hints, just come out and say it straight. I'm extremely confused, and tired of guessing.
Back to top Go down
TehNACHO

TehNACHO

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty2012-12-12, 01:47

I'm just going to give you this. I might be what you think I am.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next