Moved: http://v-mundi.com - VMundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  V*Mundi Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)

Go down 
+24
haxie-kun
Dragon∞Blade
Shadowbane
newbishop
Gelatin
ZanderSteel_91
Chestnut_Rice
Duce
Trinam
TehNACHO
WingZero
3XXXDDD
Tryston
Lockon Stratos
ScarletWeather
zawarudo
Omnigeek
HugeMcLargeTall
Klaus
meeb
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo
Kirosnefakman
CyprusWHM
Alice
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Trinam

Trinam

Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2012-12-12, 02:37

Clearly, she is a card game playing horse. Who can also type.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2012-12-12, 04:16

madboutcardgames wrote:
TehNACHO wrote:
Everyone presumes I'm a guy.

Yay internet~

Go suck Alice's PMSING tits!
Ahahahah, looks like you're living up to your username. It must be frustrating when you had the idea to "raid" someone unrelated to Bushiroad's decision only to find yourself trapped in a kiddie pool.
Back to top Go down
Duce

Duce

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2012-12-21, 16:55

Hoping to get wife playing with me soon, i suspect she'll take great nature for rabbits and penguins, or possibly one of the typical female cute decks. As for me I suspect it will be nova graps now due to bt04 and since they have alot of mech type cards.

Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2012-12-21, 17:22

Duce wrote:
Hoping to get wife playing with me soon, i suspect she'll take great nature for rabbits and penguins, or possibly one of the typical female cute decks. As for me I suspect it will be nova graps now due to bt04 and since they have alot of mech type cards.

Or Bermuda or Oracle
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2012-12-28, 13:43

Sooooo regarding the recent news of the new broken shit heading our way (Ride Breaks, Narukami Stern except better, etc)...

I'm really not sure what to do if Ride Break hits here. I mean, they ARE technically still just 11k so other decks can still make the columns...

Problem is what you combine with the Ride Breaks. 21k Spectral Duke and 21k Eraser Dragonic Descendant is never fun. EVER.

Supposing Crossrides got nerfed, these would probably just take over as new broken shit-on-a-stick.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2012-12-28, 20:13

I'm so confused why Bushiroad keeps doing this shit.
Back to top Go down
Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

Lich_Lord_Fortissimo

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2012-12-29, 05:53

Cos Japan called dibs on this first and now Bushiroad are trying the solution of 'meet the new boss: same as the old boss' with Power Creep.
Back to top Go down
Chestnut_Rice

Chestnut_Rice

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 00:20

In Magic the Gathering, there's a fan-made format called "Pauper" where only common-rarity cards are allowed in decks. In general, the power level of cards in MtG will go up as their rarity goes up. Obviously there are those junk rares and such, but each time you open a pack you can take 4 or 5 commons and say "hey that's pretty useful". On the flipside, very competitive play often features deck that cost upwards of thousands of dollars. When a friend brings one of those to your weekly gathering, that's no fun. That's why Pauper was created. It's to avoid times where you're sitting there thinking "wow I could have won if he didn't top-deck his Mythic Rare".

So, I think the solution's actually pretty simple. Just refuse to play with cross-rides. I think my local community already understands that the game just isn't fun with Ji Endo stomping every thing else and there might be people who will want cross-rides, but I doubt that they'll see much action. Unless you're a very competitive tournament player, I honestly don't see what the problem is. The game's otherwise quite balanced and will most likely continue to be so.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 07:33

Yeah a social contract is exactly what I suggested. Which is what V-Mundi is. However, we get a lot of shit for it. Which I find absurd when Magicfags have EDH and other such fanmade formats. Maybe its just Yugitards doing it but whatever.
Back to top Go down
ZanderSteel_91

ZanderSteel_91

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 16:49

After reading Alice's opening statement to this thread I actually cant wait for set 5, I know I have no idea what im getting into but I love the challenge, ive gone against just about every deck currentley existing in the eng meta and me and my spike bros are no slouch. Buddy of mine runs GN with silvas and rides the bastard all the time, still able to beat him consistently...(based on a 13k wall etc.)
Back to top Go down
Gelatin

Gelatin

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 17:06

I'm guilty of wanting to play JI ENDO just because of how stupidly powerful he is. If my local community is down to be a No Crossride Zone, I really wouldn't mind all that much. The player base seems pretty diverse with just about every clan seeing play (except for when it comes to a tournament that counts, everyone seems to jump back to Golds for some reason) and I've heard some of the more vocal players speak their mind on the subject.

When it comes down to it, I'll still play regardless of any community agreements or not. And if this game gets too stupid for me, I always have the Pokemon TCG to fall back on :P
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 19:49

ZanderSteel_91 wrote:
After reading Alice's opening statement to this thread I actually cant wait for set 5, I know I have no idea what im getting into but I love the challenge, ive gone against just about every deck currentley existing in the eng meta and me and my spike bros are no slouch. Buddy of mine runs GN with silvas and rides the bastard all the time, still able to beat him consistently...(based on a 13k wall etc.)
Get ready to lose on average. Boss fights are fun for casual format. But when playing in a tournament for prizes and status, its intellectually dishonest and not a legitimate way to determine a game. Fighting games don't let you use the stupidly OP boss characters from Arcade mode (they nerf them or cut them).

@Gelatin, that's actually the problem with this card and the players that center around it. They want an instant noodle deck. Pop it in the microwave and instant game. It can be fun and novel to do that in a casual game occasionally, but it loses its interest quickly, and the only people that keep playing it are people caught in those golden handcuffs of the Prisoner's Dilemma. The ones that actually want to keep playing it are insecure/bad players who know their skills aren't up to scratch. Instant noodle cards don't belong in vanguard.
Back to top Go down
newbishop

newbishop

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-03, 23:26

Bushi should just pull the whole tier division Pokemon does honestly, (once its feasible to do so, and have a big enough playerbase) , that way everyone is happy, let the idiots seeking an easy win, so they don't screw with those that just wants to have fun with a non-vanilla deck...
Back to top Go down
Shadowbane

Shadowbane

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-04, 00:52

newbishop wrote:
Bushi should just pull the whole tier division Pokemon does honestly, (once its feasible to do so, and have a big enough playerbase) , that way everyone is happy, let the idiots seeking an easy win, so they don't screw with those that just wants to have fun with a non-vanilla deck...

I assume you are talking about the Pokemon Age Division? Or something to do with that they are doing in Japan? Cause I am also a competetive Pokemon TCG player (less so now that I have Vanguard) and have only ever seen age divisions.
Back to top Go down
Gelatin

Gelatin

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-04, 02:08

Even if we're talking about the video games and Smogon tiering, that's also a fan made tier system to let less-than-optimal Pokemon compete without having to worry about the heavy hitters. The only thing that Pokemon has is their ban list of the version specific and event only Legendaries and some moves that actually break the game.

And I'm not that sure how an age division split would help anything right now.
Back to top Go down
Dragon∞Blade

Dragon∞Blade

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-05, 15:32

I feel like I've always agreed with Alice's stance on crossrides...but something about me is kinda shoving that to the back of my head and letting the "I WON'T GIVE UP AND I WON'T GIVE IN" mentality take over.

But then again, I'm a former and current YuGiOh player who's playing a virtually UNNAMED (it's so off the charts it doesn't get a name) deck and doing strangely well against the meta.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Card games and their meta; shit will hit the fan eventually, so brace yourself.

Oh, and don't forget to enjoy the finer things in life, like casual matches with special rules, or CARD ART, or the thrill of pack buying!
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-05, 16:30

That whole mentality is fine in a fun little game with friends, but it's bullshit in a tournament. That's a serious game of intellect between two people. I wouldn't want someone to be able to start with two Queens at a fucking chess tournament. But not like I'd care if it was a casual match. This is why it's bullshit, because it's academically dishonest.
Back to top Go down
Dragon∞Blade

Dragon∞Blade

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-06, 00:34

Alice wrote:
That whole mentality is fine in a fun little game with friends, but it's bullshit in a tournament. That's a serious game of intellect between two people. I wouldn't want someone to be able to start with two Queens at a fucking chess tournament. But not like I'd care if it was a casual match. This is why it's bullshit, because it's academically dishonest.

You know, I hate it when you talk about crossrides...cause you're pretty much correct.

And boy is it depressing (it always is, when the bringer of unfortunate news is also the bringer of accurate information).

WELP, CAN'T BE WORSE THAN YU-GI-OH (now, time to go cheer myself up with Vanguard filler eps!)
Back to top Go down
Chestnut_Rice

Chestnut_Rice

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-06, 00:41

Dragon∞Blade wrote:
WELP, CAN'T BE WORSE THAN YU-GI-OH

Oh just you wait. Soon there will be Grade 4s and cards that raise your damage limit and let you reshuffle your drop zone into your deck instead of decking out. = w =
Back to top Go down
Dragon∞Blade

Dragon∞Blade

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-06, 00:45

Chestnut_Rice wrote:
Dragon∞Blade wrote:

Oh just you wait. Soon there will be Grade 4s and cards that raise your damage limit and let you reshuffle your drop zone into your deck instead of decking out. = w =

NOOOOOOO STOP STOP

STAHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll have nightmares!!!!

I have a tournament to play in tomorrow and I like to dream about my units before a tournament day!!! (Last time I dreamt about bad metagames, I drive checked virtually no triggers during the tournament that day!)

EDIT: and I was intentionally avoiding the "grade 4" thread too
Back to top Go down
haxie-kun

haxie-kun

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-06, 01:15

Chestnut_Rice wrote:
Dragon∞Blade wrote:

We already have a grade 4 though..
Back to top Go down
Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-06, 01:38

He means Grade 4s that's not joke or temporary. Like legit Grade 4s.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-06, 11:50

Chestnut_Rice wrote:
Dragon∞Blade wrote:

Every time I work myself up thinking Vanguard is so horrible, I just go browse the Yugioh Wikia. If that doesn't work, then I get on YGOpro and use a "top tier" deck. I usually get so disgusted that Vanguard seems amazing again.
Back to top Go down
Tryston

Tryston

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-06, 13:55

There's a rumor rolling around about decks going up to 60 cards and i want to know were people got this bullshit from.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Admin
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty2013-01-06, 14:07

First of all: that's gross
Second of all: rumors need to stop

STOP

STAHP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)   Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about spousal abuse in Vanguard (The uniting of two peoples)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next